Sign in to follow this  

Driver Ratings | End Of Season Update

Hi everyone,

Lots of things happening on the game today.

The final chequered flag fell on the 2020 F1® season in Abu Dhabi, and so it’s time for our final season driver ratings to head into your inbox.

We previously updated the driver ratings after the Eifel Grand Prix, where 2020 rookie Nicholas Latifi had the biggest rating increase, with Pierre Gasly and Carlos Sainz making gains too. You can see how the ratings went here.

Log into the game to check out the final F1® 2020 driver ratings update. To see in full, check here: https://www.formula1game.com/2020/news/f1-2020-driver-ratings-update-abudhabigp

lando.jpg

They...they really kept Bottas' awareness at 99 after the Turkish GP?... Ricciardo lost awareness stats for spinning once in Silverstone in an earlier update, and Leclerc just lost 6 for one incident, but Bottas keeps 99 despite spinning 6+ times and being awful in the last part of the season?

They didn't increase Perez's awareness or racecraft stats despite him overtaking the field in Portimao and Sakhir... But Norris gets a buff for doing absolutely nothing and Ocon got a buff for the same race where he did less than Perez.

Russell still has an awful racecraft stat despite having some superb overtakes at Sakhir...

No F2 drivers have had changes? Still cant hire Tsunoda, Shwartzman in MyTeam? 

These stat changes wont change anything in game. Bottas is still going to be broken and winning most races. Seriously, he needs to be looked at. Whether its him as an individual AI or whether it's the second Merc seat getting invisible facility buffs. How else can a 98 pace be losing constantly to a 90 pace???

Sorry to sound ungrateful but this stat update is poor to put it lightly.

Edited by Liaveil

Lmao codemasters you have no clue of real F1. What a bunch of beginners and noobs...

My question is, 

Why Codemaster Developers like a unreal Bottas in the game?

Where Russel is lower than Ocon? 

@BarryBL first off, thank you for the update - well you cant make everyone happy, thats for sure. But while I am not too fond of all this Bottas "bashing" around the web, I still have to admit that 99 awareness looks like a typo, best. What else is 99 in comparison, Kimis experience and? Given you noted these as the "final" driver updates I wondered why Codemasters neither had / has a fanbase vote on these stats to correct at least some of the stats that seem awkward when a game developer decides about them, nor implement a tool to let players mod driver stat in game themselves. If you would permit the latter, you would spare yourself a lot of work and criticism, plus I would bet the F1 community / fanbase would find the most popular driver stats within days after game release.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

@BarryBL first off, thank you for the update - well you cant make everyone happy, thats for sure. But while I am not too fond of all this Bottas "bashing" around the web, I still have to admit that 99 awareness looks like a typo, best. What else is 99 in comparison, Kimis experience and? Given you noted these as the "final" driver updates I wondered why Codemasters neither had / has a fanbase vote on these stats to correct at least some of the stats that seem awkward when a game developer decides about them, nor implement a tool to let players mod driver stat in game themselves. If you would permit the latter, you would spare yourself a lot of work and criticism, plus I would bet the F1 community / fanbase would find the most popular driver stats within days after game release.

Really, this is what they need 100%. Other sports games allow the players to change real players stats so this absolutely should be included in F1. Like you say, it'll be beneficial to both dev's and the players. Less pressure on getting stats updated and pleasing everyone and the players have the freedom to fix the stats as they see fit whether they keep it realistic or want Latifi with 100 stats, the option would be nice to have. (Same goes for team stats but that's a different subject)

• Agree 1

image.thumb.png.4aed2503a9ed63cf3eddc390fd60cde6.png

And here's the "final" table of Driver Ratings I made. Some interesting thoughts:

• Only 3 drivers got an increase in Racecraft, while 7 drivers got a reduction of it;
  • 4 drivers got the Awareness reduction: Leclerc (already commented - for Sakhir), Stroll (probably justified), Kvyat (Portimao, most likely?) and Grosjean (likely Bahrain...);
  • Least changes happened to Perez - he only got the Experience boost and nothing else changed for him;
  • Biggest changes, IMO, happened to Latifi - +3 Exp, +2 Racecraft, +6 Awareness but -3 Pace. Another mention is Norris - +5 Awareness and +2 Pace raised his overall by 2.
  • Like 1

I don't know if Racecraft, Awareness and Pace are calculated based on some statistics and data but I understand that they can be more subjective. What is not understandable is to have mistakes in Experience as it should just reflect number of race entries.

- Giovinazzi's experience is still inexplicably low (52), 5 points less than Albon, Norris and Russel (all 57) in spite of the fact that Giovinazzi has 2 more race entries than them.

- Leclerc has so far taken part in 59 GPs, so he should not have higher experience than Gasly and Ocon who have taken part in 67 and 64 GPs respectively.

In the table below you can find more accurate values based on race entries.

Capture.PNG

Come on codemasters it's so easy to edit simple stats of drivers, if you gave us the option to edit drivers manually then everyone would be happy and be able to edit anyone to match real life stats 

On 1/20/2021 at 3:46 PM, Lenker said:

What is not understandable is to have mistakes in Experience as it should just reflect number of race entries.

Really? Well your effort making this table is highly appreciated, but in RL F1 there is so much more you gain experience from, than just plain race entries. In fact, race entries does not even equal milage, since a driver might have more technical issues or driver errors than another. That would be more like a "years of service" stat. You may draw experience from finishing races, from making points, from reaching podiums, from wins, from championships, from interaction with the media, from your teammate (e.g. Giovinazzi paired with Raikkonen), from switching teams, from having accidents, from tests / simulator / backup driver years and so much more. That said, I dont think that a driver with 100 GPs including 10 wins scattered over the years should have the same experience as another 100 GP runner who won 10 within 2 years and a title.

In case one does not agree with the above, the "experience" stat should be renamed "GPs run" and then have a plain number used for more calculations. But to be honest, methinks it is way better the way it is - not saying, that some of the driver stats were not debateable: e.g. I dont see why Hamilton holding all the records, has all his titles and whatnot, always in a topteam and being team leader should have any less experience that Kimi.

Looking at your table, Latifi has 17 times (!) the races run than Fittipaldi, and that gains him a 3 points advantage only?

Bottom line I do not have any idea where you took that formular for calculating experience from, but it seems way too simple to me. It should take at least titles, wins, podiums etc into account.

Edited by Schneehase

11 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Really? Well your effort making this table is highly appreciated, but in RL F1 there is so much more you gain experience from, than just plain race entries. In fact, race entries does not even equal milage, since a driver might have more technical issues or driver errors than another. That would be more like a "years of service" stat. You may draw experience from finishing races, from making points, from reaching podiums, from wins, from championships, from interaction with the media, from your teammate (e.g. Giovinazzi paired with Raikkonen), from switching teams, from having accidents, from tests / simulator / backup driver years and so much more. That said, I dont think that a driver with 100 GPs including 10 wins scattered over the years should have the same experience as another 100 GP runner who won 10 within 2 years and a title.

In case one does not agree with the above, the "experience" stat should be renamed "GPs run" and then have a plain number used for more calculations. But to be honest, methinks it is way better the way it is - not saying, that some of the driver stats were not debateable: e.g. I dont see why Hamilton holding all the records, has all his titles and whatnot, always in a topteam and being team leader should have any less experience that Kimi.

Looking at your table, Latifi has 17 times (!) the races run than Fittipaldi, and that gains him a 3 points advantage only?

Bottom line I do not have any idea where you took that formular for calculating experience from, but it seems way too simple to me. It should take at least titles, wins, podiums etc into account.

True what you say but I think if you had to calculate experience taking in consideration all those things it would be too complicated. It would be crazy to calculate how many hours/km of experience every driver has, how much time he spends training with simulator, if he has old teammates helping him to grow and so on.

Just considering the race entries is an easy enough method and at the same time reliable. True, sometimes drivers don't even start or retire before the end of lap 1 but still it means they at least had FP and Qualy during that same weekend. Experience should also not be influenced by results. Had Winkelhock won the European GP in 2007 in his only race, it would have not made him more experienced than let's say Aitken or Fittipaldi.

Formula I came up with was one that was giving results extremely close to those by Codemasters, I suspect they use a very similar one if not the same and then they adjust the results to boost a little bit this or that driver, like they did with Leclerc with the last update. Basically every driver gets a 50 experience points as a base on his first F1 race, you can imagine it as Super Licence. So, for example, Fittipaldi and Aitken immediately got 50 on their debut race. Then for every race entry they get 0.15 points.

1 hour ago, Lenker said:

Formula I came up with was one that was giving results extremely close to those by Codemasters, I suspect they use a very similar one if not the same

I doubt Codies use anything like that, they have some kind of meeting and discuss who votes what and thats that. OTOH if @BarryBL could reveal how they actually do it, this would be highly interesting. But he wont 😄 You have a point man, that if you add more stats like racecraft and so on, then you can reduce the complexity of the experience stat - though I would tend to call it "milage" or "years of service" then. Anyhow, I would prefer Codies let us edit the stats ourselves, there would be a forum voted result, a reddit result and so on, and we would get what we desired very quickly, without too much work for the developer, and they would not even have to discuss things or being critizied for decisions^^