Jump to content Jump to content

Hori Apex Racing Wheel and other wheels incompatibility

Hello

I play F1 2020 in pc and I bought the Hori Apex Racing Wheel for playing this game. I know that this wheel isn´t in the list but I only write this message to say if Codemasters can include for F1 2021 the option to say if your controller is a Joystick or a steering wheel. This option for example is included in Project Cars 3 and the steering wheel works. If you don´t do that, the steering wheel is detected as a joystick and it doesn´t make any sense playing with it. Please include this option, you don´t have to do so much effort and those who have this wheel or another incompatible wheel will enjoy the game a lot.

Thanks1318388976_Capturadepantalla(328).thumb.png.f9bcaf800163bc9dd56d74bca4eac53d.png

• Administrator

Hi @thebestraser

I can mention it to the developers, however, we do have a supported list of wheels. This is so we can guarantee that they work with the game, and can offer support to get them working again for players. For the price of the Hori wheel, there are other options at not much more money, that guarantee the support. I would recommend looking at the supported wheels on the games you are looking to play and then making your decision on the wheel for you.

• Agree 1

Yes, but I bought it when I had a play station and when I went to pc it doesn't work. There are many players that want to play in pc but they can't play with a wheel because of this situation. I knew that there was a list of compatible wheels but I have to buy another wheel for playing in pc and that isn't suitable for me. If you can, mention to the developers because in my case is with the Hori Apex but there are a lot of wheels that have the same problem. They can include the list of the compatible wheels and then, an option with the noun of "generic wheels" or something like that.

I know that Codemasters is overwhelmed with the next game but try to include it because it would make happy a lot of people as it isn't difficult to include.

Thank you for everything and try to mention it to the developments.

(Sorry for my English, if someone don't know something write to me)

Edited by thebestraser
  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, thebestraser said:

Yes, but I bought it when I had a play station and when I went to pc it doesn't work. There are many players that want to play in pc but they can't play with a wheel because of this situation. I knew that there was a list of compatible wheels but I have to buy another wheel for playing in pc and that isn't suitable for me. If you can, mention to the developers because in my case is with the Hori Apex but there are a lot of wheels that have the same problem. They can include the list of the compatible wheels and then, an option with the noun of "generic wheels" or something like that.

I know that Codemasters is overwhelmed with the next game but try to include it because it would make happy a lot of people as it isn't difficult to include.

Thank you for everything and try to mention it to the developments.

(Sorry for my English, if someone don't know something write to me) 

I can empathise here, and will mention it, however, we do have to have stringent testing on all wheels to ensure they work, as well as working with the wheel's developers to ensure ease of use and technical stability and reliability. Having something like the suggested 'generic wheels' would make supporting them nearly impossible, as this would potentially cover all wheels, and ones we've had no testing, support or even heard of.

What I can recommend to try is to take to the brand's forums (Hori in this case) or to YouTube and see if there is any users who have got it to work with F1 2020. There is no guarantee that you would have the same success replicating their experience from a Codemasters perspective (we won't have the support from the wheel developer or the testing to ensure it works) however, this would be my first place to look if I was in your situation. 

46 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

I can empathise here, and will mention it, however, we do have to have stringent testing on all wheels to ensure they work, as well as working with the wheel's developers to ensure ease of use and technical stability and reliability. Having something like the suggested 'generic wheels' would make supporting them nearly impossible, as this would potentially cover all wheels, and ones we've had no testing, support or even heard of.

What I can recommend to try is to take to the brand's forums (Hori in this case) or to YouTube and see if there is any users who have got it to work with F1 2020. There is no guarantee that you would have the same success replicating their experience from a Codemasters perspective (we won't have the support from the wheel developer or the testing to ensure it works) however, this would be my first place to look if I was in your situation. 

I meant with the "generic wheels option" to create an axis in which the movement of the wheel in the screen doesn't move as a joystick. I don't know how much work requires this but I hope that the developers will do something.

• thebestraser changed the title to Hori Apex Racing Wheel and other wheels incompatibility
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, thebestraser said:

I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!!!!

there is an option with vjoy which assigns you an x axis and you can play with a generick joystick

imagen_2021-02-02_114232.png

It would be nice if you could document all you had to do to get it to work for other Hori Apex users. 

However, it should be clear that workarounds have no guarantee of support in future titles.

• 2 months later...
On 02/02/2021 at 13:01, thebestraser said:

Je pense que je vais faire une vidéo sur youtube car c'est très complexe.

Je pense que cela fonctionnerait dans les futurs titres car ce que vous faites est d'émuler un nouveau contrôleur. Si Codemasters ne supprime pas l'axe x, cela fonctionnera.

hello I also have this problem you can explain to me how you did it because there is not even mark the name of my steering wheel as in the photo
21 hours ago, thebestraser said:

Je vais écrire le processus pour les personnes dans le forum.

Tout d'abord, vous devez installer vjoy via la page Web officielle. Aftewards, vous devez installer Virtual Controller. 

Une fois ces deux programmes installés, vous devez accéder à Contrôleur virtuel / paramètres / appareils Io. Là, vous devez mettre en physique le contrôleur que vous avez, dans ce cas, le Hori Apex. En virtuel, vous devez mettre vjoy (1). Lorsque vous l'avez, rendez-vous sur la page principale du contrôleur virtuel / paramètres / contrôles et sélectionnez les boutons et l'axe que vous souhaitez mettre en Formule 1 (photo 1).imagen_2021-04-13_160426.png.771e207cd1b5b2a01ceafb8f1b62ab49.png
Lorsque vous l'avez, allez à la page principale du contrôleur virtuel et appuyez sur F5 pour mettre le programme en vert. Ensuite, allez dans le programme Monitor vjoy et voyez si les boutons et les axes y fonctionnent. Si c'est le cas, vous devez désinstaller le périphérique (Hori apex) dans le panneau de contrôle, démarrer le F1 et lorsque vous voyez que F1 vous dit qu'il y a un nouveau périphérique, débranchez-le et rebranchez-le, puis configurez-le. Il devrait vous montrer les icônes de l'image que j'ai téléchargée sur le forum. Si ce n'est pas le cas, votre configuration dans Steam est mauvaise. Essayez de configurer la vapeur comme sur la photo 2º et répétez le processus. Si vous avez des doutes, dites-moi car cela pourrait être très difficile
imagen_2021-04-13_160518.png.8575462d9881a751d668b855f4e2a327.png

hi you could make a video because when I arrive in the contron there is nothing
Le 13/04/2021 à 16h06, thebestraser a déclaré:

Je vais écrire le processus pour les personnes dans le forum.

Tout d'abord, vous devez installer vjoy via la page Web officielle. Aftewards, vous devez installer Virtual Controller. 

Une fois ces deux programmes installés, vous devez accéder à Contrôleur virtuel / paramètres / appareils Io. Là, vous devez mettre en physique le contrôleur que vous avez, dans ce cas, le Hori Apex. En virtuel, vous devez mettre vjoy (1). Lorsque vous l'avez, rendez-vous sur la page principale du contrôleur virtuel / paramètres / contrôles et sélectionnez les boutons et l'importance que vous souhaitez mettre en Formule 1 (photo 1). Lorsque vous l'avez, allez à la page principale du contrôleur virtuel et appuyez sur F5 pour mettre le programme en vert.imagen_2021-04-13_160426.png.771e207cd1b5b2a01ceafb8f1b62ab49.png
Ensuite, allez dans le programme Moniteur vjoy et voyez si les boutons et les axes y fonctionnent. Si c'est le cas, vous devez désinstaller le périphérique (Hori apex) dans le panneau de contrôle, démarrer le F1 et lorsque vous voyez que F1 vous dit qu'il y a un nouveau périphérique, débranchez-le et rebranchez-le, puis configurez-le. Il devrait vous montrer les icônes de l'image que j'ai téléchargée sur le forum. Si ce n'est pas le cas, votre configuration dans Steam est mauvaise. Essayez de configurer la vapeur comme sur la photo 2º et répétez le processus. Si vous avez des doutes, dites-moi car cela pourrait être très difficile
imagen_2021-04-13_160518.png.8575462d9881a751d668b855f4e2a327.png

when you say deactivated the hori steering wheel or it must be deactivated on steam or on virtual control

ok so i will tell you one of my problems
when I go to io decvices there is marked hori apex but also control device with a controller next to it and when I run f1 it only detects the control device

You have to press F5 in the virtuall controler. Then, uninstall the device in the control panel, execute the game, and when it is in the menu, unplug and plug the wheel. F1 will say that is a new controlled called vjoy, so you have to configure it.

If it doesn't work give me a photo or something to see where is the problem

🙂

Posted (edited)

This is a common error, you have to select in physical hori apex and configure steam as I show in the second photo. It is very difficult because sometimes it works and sometimes not. However I think that F1 2021 would include the option for general wheels

Edited by thebestraser