Sign in to follow this  

Who do you think will win the World CuP?

based on what I've seen so far I've got to go with Brazil I think Spain still hasa chance but depends opn how they react to the defeat against Netherlands

I think they'll edge Argentina in the final.

I'm not being funny, but if you are going to put Belgium, Uruguay, Italy and Colombia on there then England need to be there.

I would have put England but there is only 10 spaces and now I regret putting Uruguay on the list due to the 3-1 loss to Costa Rica, so :/

Still back Brazil as the host. I think the upsets have been due to poor football from the favourites, rather than great football from the underdogs.

Still back Brazil as the host. I think the upsets have been due to poor football from the favourites, rather than great football from the underdogs.
that's what I'm thinking too the faves have just had a bit of a dodgy start it can happen but if they get their heads down and work hard there's a good chance they can still come back strong

It's funny because Spain were among the  favourites, then they got battered. Where do they stand now? Brazil probably should have drawn 0-0 or lost 1-0 in their game. Yet to see Argentina or Germany, but if both of those produce poor displays, Italy or the Netherlands could be in with a chance. You've got those big 4 (Brazil, Spain, Germany and Argentina) and then outside of that Italy, Netherlands, France and England. And 3 of those outsiders has outperformed Brazil and Spain so far IMO.

This will be interesting to see. And England vs Italy was in very hot conditions, so in the "cooler" cities I expect both sides to improve. Or at least play at a higher standard for longer.

Brazil.

I don't have any insightful comment on why. I just think they will.

Spain.

I have a feeling things will turn around, don't ask me why. And I think back in 2008 or 2010 they were defeated in the first game but still won the cup (Can't remember if it was Euro or World Cup).

mike96 said:
Spain.

I have a feeling things will turn around, don't ask me why. And I think back in 2008 or 2010 they were defeated in the first game but still won the cup (Can't remember if it was Euro or World Cup).
world cup I believe as I think it was mentioned in commentary it t was in 2010 in South Africa

AMS97KRR said:
It's funny because Spain were among the  favourites, then they got battered. Where do they stand now? Brazil probably should have drawn 0-0 or lost 1-0 in their game. Yet to see Argentina or Germany, but if both of those produce poor displays, Italy or the Netherlands could be in with a chance. You've got those big 4 (Brazil, Spain, Germany and Argentina) and then outside of that Italy, Netherlands, France and England. And 3 of those outsiders has outperformed Brazil and Spain so far IMO.

This will be interesting to see. And England vs Italy was in very hot conditions, so in the "cooler" cities I expect both sides to improve. Or at least play at a higher standard for longer.

=)) Brazil should have lost ? Really ? You're going too far there imo.

AMS97KRR said:

=)) Brazil should have lost ? Really ? You're going too far there imo.
They wouldn't have scored any if Croatia had a better keeper at the time. The penalty was a weak hand from the keeper, the first goal from Neymar was lucky and the last goal was poor goalkeeping. Should have been 1-1 really, they didn't deserve a win