Sign in to follow this  

The new rules in F1

Really dislike the engines still, nothing can compare to the sound of the V10's or V8's screaming. 

It's like a Football Match with hardly any fans, the special atmosphere is gone. 

I love them for the most part, but that double points thing needs to go. Not a single person in the world thought this was a good idea and this could potentially ruin the entire season.

no the double points thing is still in but only comesd into play at the final race anyway probably won't make that much of a difference anyway as I'd expect Mercedes to win at Abu Dhabi given the speed they have

I'm still pretty meh on the new engines tbh. 

As for double points, it could still make a huge difference. Say Rosberg has a 49 point lead over Hamilton (will probably be closer than that) going into Abu Dhabi, then during the race Rosberg gets taken out by another driver, Hamilton wins the race and with it the WDC by 1 point. To me that's massively unfair to Rosberg as he built his lead over the whole season with races where points for the win are 25. So to lose it in one race where you get 50 for the win is just harsh, ridiculous and unfair.

The only way it wouldn't be unfair and stupid would be to make every race double points. It cheapens the championship otherwise.

I've got it! Instead of this plainly stupid double points idea, I say we get all teams to make a pact and end the race just before the full points distance threshold. Then we can stick out middle fingers up at Bernie.

I've got it! Instead of this plainly stupid double points idea, I say we get all teams to make a pact and end the race just before the full points distance threshold. Then we can stick out middle fingers up at Bernie.
That is pretty genius. Might want to give tweeting teams about the idea another go, third time lucky maybe?

yugin96 said:
That is pretty genius. Might want to give tweeting teams about the idea another go, third time lucky maybe?
https://twitter.com/derpyonethree/status/479618281695748096

As for double points, it could still make a huge difference. Say Rosberg has a 49 point lead over Hamilton (will probably be closer than that) going into Abu Dhabi, then during the race Rosberg gets taken out by another driver, Hamilton wins the race and with it the WDC by 1 point. To me that's massively unfair to Rosberg as he built his lead over the whole season with races where points for the win are 25. So to lose it in one race where you get 50 for the win is just harsh, ridiculous and unfair.

The only way it wouldn't be unfair and stupid would be to make every race double points. It cheapens the championship otherwise.
I agree that it's stupid but unless those rules are changed those are the rules they have to play by but then everyone's aware of it so only time will tell whether it's going to be fair or not

Well from the general vibe amongst the fans and the senior figures in the F1 paddock, and now even with Bernie saying it is unfair, I would say double points is going to be dropped after this season. Which to reiterate what Prawn said, if either Hamilton or Rosberg wins the title as a result of double points, would cast a massive shadow over this years championship result if that was to be the case, personally. I only beg that it doesn't decide the title.

Well, it could also lead to a justified result.

Imagine Nico being infront only due to Hamilton's troubles with the car (sounds familiar to me). If Lewis wins the championship due to double points in the last race no one could claim that was unjustified in any way.

Of course, it works the same the other way round. But I don't expect Nico to suffer the same amount of unforced DNFS.

Well, it could also lead to a justified result.

Imagine Nico being infront only due to Hamilton's troubles with the car (sounds familiar to me). If Lewis wins the championship due to double points in the last race no one could claim that was unjustified in any way.

Of course, it works the same the other way round. But I don't expect Nico to suffer the same amount of unforced DNFS.
I was just going to ask this. If Rosberg manages not to DNF this season and Hamilton is behind because of his two DNFs, if Hamilton wins the title because of double points will you find that fair?

Of course. WIthout a shadow of doubt.
I would  too but then mostly because everyone knew what the rules would be going into this season  so  everybody knows what they're getting into regardless. If they decide to drop it then fair enough but everybody knows what rules they play too.

Yes ok but it´s also unfair when the drivers have got a technical problem in the other races. There´s no difference. Because they can´t anything for these problems.
The only thing that´s unfair is when one driver reachs a lead because the team and the driver were better across the season and than get a problem in the last race and the worse driver wins the Championship.

Double points is a really silly idea. As a casual fan I can see some interest in it, but it's just taking the piss out of the real fans like us. We just want a good clean fight with no stupid gimmicks.