patch 1.15 equal performance in Time Trial

Hi there, are the cars fully identical with the new feature or not?
In other words, are they all a Mercedes with different liveries, or retain some of their own characteristics (perhaps not the engine power but something else) ?

Cheers,
Nuv

Had this Question  before as well for multiplayer? 
What is meant by „Equal Cars „ in Comparison to the normal Mode ? 

The engine performance is the same all around the table. You may find though that some cars handle a little differently due to geometry. Example being slightly longer, wider, wheelbase etc. Equal in this aspect means one car is not faster than another. Basically imagine every car has the exact same engine. The engine sounds will still be that of the original engine but all now have the same HP. I personally use my MP car for all my laps in TT. I like watching the car I designed in replay mode after I set a fastest lap. Hope this helps. 

1 minute ago, Sir_Overtakesalot said:

The engine performance is the same all around the table. You may find though that some cars handle a little differently due to geometry. Example being slightly longer, wider, wheelbase etc. Equal in this aspect means one car is not faster than another. Basically imagine every car has the exact same engine. The engine sounds will still be that of the original engine but all now have the same HP. I personally use my MP car for all my laps in TT. I like watching the car I designed in replay mode after I set a fastest lap. Hope this helps. 

Ouch, first of all thank you for reply. Are you sure about that?
This would make it harder to pick out the "fastest" car for each track (IMHO) :classic_unsure:, while till now it was easy, just the Mercedes...

The Merc is the fastest car. The MP is a Merc that doesn't look like a Merc, that's why I use it. It's no different, just visually. Use the Merc or MP to get the best time. Ignore all other cars.

• Agree 1

Go and try the Haas you will be pleasantly surprised.

1 hour ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

Tomorrow I will give it a shot 👍

19 hours ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

I did some laps in Hungary TT, too few to feel the differences though, I will retry probably the next week at Spa.

However yesterday (always in Hungary TT) I tested mainly the Red Bull in comparison with Mercedes and my feelings are slightly better in trail braking and traction out of the curve, always if it's not just my imagination :classic_rolleyes:

On 1/20/2021 at 7:19 PM, zZ A M P Aa said:

Hi @zZ A M P Aa, a couple of days ago I was struggling with the Mercedes (realistic performance) in Singapore TT, I felt the car was sliding too much but couldn't workaround with setup. Yesterday I gave Alfa Romeo (equal performance) a try because the PS4 top players got the best time with AR. I found myself more at ease, I improved time and consistency but I seemed to have reached the limit. Today, before to go into GP mode, I gave Haas (equal) a try too, same setup. Wow! Few laps and I improved 1 full tenth! Later on the day another tenth and I'm still unable to put a lap together (but that may be also because of the tricky track). Similar good feelings than AR but probably the car slightly better "somewhere" for my driving style.

I know the more you practice, the more you improve but going back to the Mercedes I went back to having that feeling of greater sliding...

I hope that's not just what I want to see there :classic_rolleyes:

Cya,
Nuv

Honestly I believe the game equates drag to relative downforce when set to equal, but all cars have same power and potential top speed. So they will all handle differently. Go to the showroom and check how short the wheel base on the Red Bull is compared to the Merc. @Nuvolarix

Edited by zZ A M P Aa
Word
  • Agree 1