Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[IMPROVEMENT] Damage on the supporters (speccy) cars and graphics improvements !

Can codemasters works for a more realistic (kinetic energy) damage motor for the cars who are parked on the side of the road ? Actually this cars are hard as rock when you cars crashing in. Is not realistic ;) A damage for the publicity panels and electric line are are also in my idea.
Even if this event rarely occurs. Improve also tesselation seems to be important ans add graphic filtrer to have a good final quality.
Important : this feature doesn't be a priority and can be added in futures patches or updates (after final version?)

But the render are more realistic, in my opinion this not utilize a lot of resources. Codemasters can add a option for disable this and economise resources on slow configurations. This take part of a mass destructible environment. 

It's add a realistic touch to the game like as destructible slides. It's a simulation game don't forget.This add a penalty for collision (wasting time in race).

Sadly the amount of people that would genuinely appreciate this feature are very, very few. I don't mind personally, but I'd rather see Codemasters invest time in something more relevant, because if I hit a spectators' car, it's not like I'd stick around to admire the damage - I just want to continue as soon as possible.

Doesn't for  spectactors, same for me i want just to continue but cars , objets(woodpile or tree) are destructible environment content in many games thanks for voting :)

Neither option sums up my opinion so I cannot vote on this poll.

One thing I have found annoying is when I hit advertising hoardings.  They appear to tougher than small wooden fence posts in CMR1.  I love the idea of sponsors putting lives in jeopardy by making courses more hazardous! Hmmm...

I'm not worried about spectator cars looking damaged, but it would be good if they moved after a collision, as even if it had the handbrake on it's not going to sit there like a two ton boulder.

Sure the vehicle and wood has moved after collision like in real :) you have same opinion Bilther !

I was thinking about creating a poll regarding this exact subject, but I always felt torn over whether I should or not. I can agree to an extent on both sides of the argument. It could be a waste of resources to make certain parts of the environment destructible, but on the other hand, hitting an invincible bush or sign can be an immersion breaker, not to mention being it being incredibly frustrating if you get severe damage from an object you could have easily barged through.

It would be nice but I wouldn't want it if it took away from development work of the core game or important future developments.

Sadly the amount of people that would genuinely appreciate this feature are very, very few. I don't mind personally, but I'd rather see Codemasters invest time in something more relevant, because if I hit a spectators' car, it's not like I'd stick around to admire the damage - I just want to continue as soon as possible.
I am willing to pay for it. and the date of the game is not announced, so I think we have enough time and the will to wait for the full edition of the game. +1

What kind of "realism" can contribute this? Sorry, but its absolutly not neccessary....

so what´s next? damage on pedestrians/espectators? xD

It´s about going fast, not destructing. 

And if we have to talk about REALISM, lets chat about how suspension works, about the simulation of gravity, momentum, inertia, grip, setup points... and of course CAR DAMAGE, but the one you drive :smiley: 

Not even worth voting on this poll. Complete waste of resources it would be to model damage onto the speccy cars.
+1 couldnt say it any better.
Not worth it at all.

(and this feature would cost FPS as well)

OzoreXS said:
What kind of "realism" can contribute this? Sorry, but its absolutly not neccessary....

And if we have to talk about REALISM, lets chat about how suspension works, about the simulation of gravity, momentum, inertia, grip, setup points... and of course CAR DAMAGE, but the one you drive :smiley: 
Developpers can work on both objectives for purist and 4K ultra hd fans. Don't forget about many other rally's games focus on graphics (environment,cars,interface) and setup of cars.

PTuner said:
OzoreXS said:

Developpers can work on both objectives for purist and 4K ultra hd fans. Don't forget about many other rally's games focus on graphics (environment,cars,interface) and setup of cars.
Hi, sorry but I still prefer less graphics and better wheel felling. 
And if you are talking to me about Milestone´s WRC series or the infamous Seb´s Loeb R Evo.... well, yeah both have pretty good looking but they are far far away in handling and "realism" from DR. or so it seems.

BTW... I didnt played more than 30/60 minutes of any Miles WRC games. I find them awfully awkward, cant enjoy with them.

Loeb´s R EVO, maybe its too son to talk about nothing, but what I saw on videos is not very promising. I dont know.

OzoreXS said:
PTuner said:
OzoreXS said:

Hi, sorry but I still prefer less graphics and better wheel felling. 
And if you are talking to me about Milestone´s WRC series or the infamous Seb´s Loeb R Evo.... well, yeah both have pretty good looking but they are far far away in handling and "realism" from DR. or so it seems.

BTW... I didnt played more than 30/60 minutes of any Miles WRC games. I find them awfully awkward, cant enjoy with them.

Loeb´s R EVO, maybe its too son to talk about nothing, but what I saw on videos is not very promising. I dont know.
I see you have a good computer. so why not add this extension to realism? if user could disable the setting of physics foreign objects. I personally do not mind if the final product will be more details mechanics. because everything is made up of little things.

I dont care id codemasters decides to develop things like this. What I´m saying is I prefer they user their time in other, more important things.

If this details are implemented: welcome!

OzoreXS said:
I dont care id codemasters decides to develop things like this. What I´m saying is I prefer they user their time in other, more important things.

If this details are implemented: welcome!
then still you do not mind. but u voted against. lacks one item selection vote "I do not mind"

DirectX 12 support and new drivers can improve graphical quality and experience for less usage of cpu. It can also be applied for spectators (more detailed spectators and flag/objects) like in this demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOwHj9T009M

Didnt vote.  I don't mind the roadside cars really, but the brick wall vinyl ad banners and brick wall small bushes do need looked at