Jump to content
Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

F-keys displaying PS/X-Box detail on PC installs?

Recommended Posts

When going through the menus to make changes in the gameplay configuration and during any menu activity; the radio buttons change from F5/F6 (as an example) to 1 & 2, other numbers replaced by LB/RB etc which are game console references.
Can anybody tell me why and what I can do to change it, please?

My assumption is one game file for all platforms and if that's the case, it's broken and it can happen whilst looking at the screen; just me?

Also; 30 seconds to get the car in the pit to start working on a setup for example; we have to go through the rigmarole of putting the car into garage; why can't this be turned off - Geoff Crammond managed it?

Thanks in advance.
Losing patience with F!2020; too broken and I resent doing their R&D for them and paying for the privelidge...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Triard3 said:

When going through the menus to make changes in the gameplay configuration and during any menu activity; the radio buttons change from F5/F6 (as an example) to 1 & 2, other numbers replaced by LB/RB etc which are game console references.
Can anybody tell me why and what I can do to change it, please?

My assumption is one game file for all platforms and if that's the case, it's broken and it can happen whilst looking at the screen; just me?

Also; 30 seconds to get the car in the pit to start working on a setup for example; we have to go through the rigmarole of putting the car into garage; why can't this be turned off - Geoff Crammond managed it?

Thanks in advance.
Losing patience with F!2020; too broken and I resent doing their R&D for them and paying for the privelidge...

Behaviour is 'by design'. When adding another controller (keyboard is detected by default) then the shortcuts change to the last controller used. 

On PC you may play with an XB1/PS4 compatible wheel or a controller designed for either system (the OEM controller).

When you use the controller the console button mappings will appear (or even pressing the pedals / shifters etc on a console wheel).

Press the keyboard and the keyboard mappings will replace them. Try it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Behaviour is 'by design'. When adding another controller (keyboard is detected by default) then the shortcuts change to the last controller used. 

On PC you may play with an XB1/PS4 compatible wheel or a controller designed for either system (the OEM controller).

When you use the controller the console button mappings will appear (or even pressing the pedals / shifters etc on a console wheel).

Press the keyboard and the keyboard mappings will replace them. Try it.

Thanks for your input Steve, appreciated.

I will try what you suggest when I get home but, given I only use the Logitech G25 for F1 2020, there's no reason for any HID to be detected.

I don't do consoles, never will; I have hands like shovels and after so many, many years using keyboard/mouse, I'm not interested in changing.

Again, thanks for your input and I will advise when I try what you suggest.

Alan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Triard3 said:

Thanks for your input Steve, appreciated.

I will try what you suggest when I get home but, given I only use the Logitech G25 for F1 2020, there's no reason for any HID to be detected.

I don't do consoles, never will; I have hands like shovels and after so many, many years using keyboard/mouse, I'm not interested in changing.

Again, thanks for your input and I will advise when I try what you suggest.

Alan.

The keyboard is a default control option on PC. 

Some wheels don't have enough buttons to control all the game functions and the controller mappings in the menus leave a lot to be desired (also the FFB driver is disabled in menus) so the keyboard shortcuts are necessary.

There is no way to turn it off I'm afraid. It was raised a few game iterations ago. I have used an X360 controller, G27, G920, T300 (F1 Rim) and now Fanatec Formula wheel on the CSL Elite, so my control mappings changed every time (Microsoft/Sony/Microsoft again/Thrustmaster/Fanatec) I still have to look at (2) to launch my MFD (11) to alter my setups (8) & (7) to select between tyres and setup, I can use the shifters to navigate some menus (1) for garage HUD (4) to toggle, etc. (33) for voice. 

The game knows which control I'm using - as soon as I hit the CTRL & # for Discord overlay, all my in-game mappings switch to Fkeys and the keyboard shortcuts.

I don't even notice it now, it's simply muscle memory and a healthy dose of remapping so stuff is pretty much in the same place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2021 at 1:19 PM, steviejay69 said:

Behaviour is 'by design'. When adding another controller (keyboard is detected by default) then the shortcuts change to the last controller used. 

On PC you may play with an XB1/PS4 compatible wheel or a controller designed for either system (the OEM controller).

When you use the controller the console button mappings will appear (or even pressing the pedals / shifters etc on a console wheel).

Press the keyboard and the keyboard mappings will replace them. Try it.

Hi Stevie,

 

Thanks for your suggestion, it didn't work.  Same problem exists on PGA Tour Golf (2019) so I think given that Windows is the common denominator...........

TBQH, I'm less concerned as the game has too many issues for me; feels like we're doing their R&D for them.
Multiplayer 1-on-1 crashes mid race - apparently a Steam issue.
No control over the weather.
No way to add fuel for Qualy
It's very pretty but, an hour of close racing wasted time after time because it's so flaky?.... Think I'll leave it on the shelf; standard Codemaster code, should have followed my instincts.

Thanks again regardless.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Triard3 said:

Hi Stevie,

Thanks for your suggestion, it didn't work.  Same problem exists on PGA Tour Golf (2019) so I think given that Windows is the common denominator...........

TBQH, I'm less concerned as the game has too many issues for me; feels like we're doing their R&D for them.
Multiplayer 1-on-1 crashes mid race - apparently a Steam issue.
No control over the weather.
No way to add fuel for Qualy
It's very pretty but, an hour of close racing wasted time after time because it's so flaky?.... Think I'll leave it on the shelf; standard Codemaster code, should have followed my instincts.

Thanks again regardless.

 

I think you may have misunderstood my comment. The keyboard bindings will appear as soon as you touch a key. The G25 doesn't have enough buttons for all the functions (and it is a PS2/PS3 wheel), maybe this is why it is hybrid mapped.

Multiplayer 1 on 1 do you mean splitscreen? Possibly the most buggy mode of the game - half-arsed by the sounds, absolutely no interest in it. But unranked multiplayer games do not crash. Hit me up for an invite. 

No control over weather? I believe you can set custom weather in the session - my league only uses 'Dynamic', my socials are always set to 'Clear (Dry)' - I'll be honest I haven't really used it. But I'm sure it has to be set before you begin the game mode, career I believe allows you to change the settings between weekends.

Adding fuel for qualifying? You can adjust the car fuel in the car setup screen in the garage (unless you are playing F2).

Edited by steviejay69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

I think you may have misunderstood my comment. The keyboard bindings will appear as soon as you touch a key. The G25 doesn't have enough buttons for all the functions (and it is a PS2/PS3 wheel), maybe this is why it is hybrid mapped.

Multiplayer 1 on 1 do you mean splitscreen? Possibly the most buggy mode of the game - half-arsed by the sounds, absolutely no interest in it. But unranked multiplayer games do not crash. Hit me up for an invite. 

No control over weather? I believe you can set custom weather in the session - my league only uses 'Dynamic', my socials are always set to 'Clear (Dry)' - I'll be honest I haven't really used it. But I'm sure it has to be set before you begin the game mode, career I believe allows you to change the settings between weekends.

Adding fuel for qualifying? You can adjust the car fuel in the car setup screen in the garage (unless you are playing F2).

No I wasn't talking about split-screen. I was talking about a friend and I having a multiplayer league and an hour in and it just dumps out to a report that the Steam connection has failed; I don't think for a minute that this is a codemasters issue, more Steam; with whom I has raised this.

Where do I change the weather, more than happy to delete all leagues and start again if I can set - for example - all weather to dry but, I can't find that setting anywhere; it maybe be me missing something but, such a fundamental variable shouldn't be difficult to find.
Qualifying fuel I can find nowhere where this can be adjusted and the 30 seconds awaiting the pit crew is interminable when you just want to get out on another run; should be able to add enough fuel for two flying laps at least.

If I can't get clear instructions on where and when these changes can be affected, or perhaps a screenshot detailing the right screen, the game will go in the archive I'm afraid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Triard3 said:

No I wasn't talking about split-screen. I was talking about a friend and I having a multiplayer league and an hour in and it just dumps out to a report that the Steam connection has failed; I don't think for a minute that this is a codemasters issue, more Steam; with whom I has raised this.

Where do I change the weather, more than happy to delete all leagues and start again if I can set - for example - all weather to dry but, I can't find that setting anywhere; it maybe be me missing something but, such a fundamental variable shouldn't be difficult to find.
Qualifying fuel I can find nowhere where this can be adjusted and the 30 seconds awaiting the pit crew is interminable when you just want to get out on another run; should be able to add enough fuel for two flying laps at least.

If I can't get clear instructions on where and when these changes can be affected, or perhaps a screenshot detailing the right screen, the game will go in the archive I'm afraid.

Qualifying fuel adjust

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×