Jump to content
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Time discrepancy between training "qualifying pace" and actual qualifying

Recommended Posts

Hope this is the right section.

 

Anyone else having this?

I'm playing My Team, pretty much at the start of it, 4th GP.

I noticed a huge difference between training qualifying pace and actual qualifying.

 

For example I drive the training "qualifying pace" and get a 1:40.500 after several retries, estimated place: 22nd, target missed.

Then I take the same setup to the actual qualifying, no changes to the car and I get a 1:38.500 easily first lap, landing on place 15.

 

Shouldn't qualifying pace training and actual qualifying pace be about the same? Sure the times are always a bit different, but 2 seconds (easily)?

That happens in every GP.

 

The first 2 GPs I was like "Yush, I nailed the qualifying lap, maybe the other laps were just bad" but now I'm like "...whut?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. It's broken. Has been for a few years. Codemasters don't care. 

One of many issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In actual qualifying sessions you are using max engine mode but in the free practice sessions you can only use the high engine mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GnrDreagon said:

In actual qualifying sessions you are using max engine mode but in the free practice sessions you can only use the high engine mode.

But that’s the same for all the drivers. 
The practice qualie run takes the engine mode into account. 
I’ve struggled to pass the qualie practice task (for 20th) but then got into q2 easily. It makes no sense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dshepsman said:

But that’s the same for all the drivers. 
The practice qualie run takes the engine mode into account. 
I’ve struggled to pass the qualie practice task (for 20th) but then got into q2 easily. It makes no sense 

Sure, the practice program is a bit dodgy. But that's not what OP is talking about. He's asking why he's faster in regular quali compared to the practice program. And the answer is engine mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, GnrDreagon said:

Sure, the practice program is a bit dodgy. But that's not what OP is talking about. He's asking why he's faster in regular quali compared to the practice program. And the answer is engine mode.

Yeah, fair enough. Engine mode would be the difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Engine mode and the amount of fuel in the car (if you adjust it).

That’s why you’re quicker in actual Qualy vs the practice programme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×