Jump to content

New Podium Pass - XP

Recommended Posts

Hi @BarryBL, I just saw the new podium pass and I saw some changes to the previous ones. 

First of all, the Item Shop now has 9 items instead of 5, which I really like. The other change I noticed was, that you only need 1000 XP instead of 3500 XP per level to rank up, which I really like. Is this a planned change?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @ReimvomSchleim

Happy to hear you like our changes, and yes, we’ve been able to see how players are progressing and have rebalanced the amount of XP required to level up to give players a better podium pass experience based on how everyone as a whole plays the game.

  • Thanks 3
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @ReimvomSchleim

Happy to hear you like our changes, and yes, we’ve been able to see how players are progressing and have rebalanced the amount of XP required to level up to give players a better podium pass experience based on how everyone as a whole plays the game.

Is this the last season? Glad it's reduced

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a big change in XP per level :classic_smile:.

The second Podium Pass I realised I was spending too much time doing things specifically targeting at maximising the XP I could get that it was actually detracting from my overall enjoyment and progression in the game. I therefore completely ignored series 3 but this change will make it much more achievable to complete with more normal play. Thanks.

(I realise lot's of 'hardcore' players will be unhappy it's now far too easy to complete of course.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @BarryBL, I own a game on both PS4 and PC. I first had a game on the PS4 and Podium Pass 1-3 I had there. Now after buying a new PC, I only play on the PC. Is there or will there be any opportunity to get the rewards that were in 1-3? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2021 at 1:39 PM, ReimvomSchleim said:

Hi @BarryBL, I just saw the new podium pass and I saw some changes to the previous ones. 

First of all, the Item Shop now has 9 items instead of 5, which I really like. The other change I noticed was, that you only need 1000 XP instead of 3500 XP per level to rank up, which I really like. Is this a planned change?

The further you go, the greater number of XP you require to level up. I’m at level 25 and need over 6000XP to level up.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Y2Kev said:

The further you go, the greater number of XP you require to level up. I’m at level 25 and need over 6000XP to level up.

Yeah, and it is 13917 XP for the 29-30 jump.

Edited by LonelyRacer
Fixed typo 13971 --> 13917
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah :classic_smile:. When the game was first released I remember posting to say I was surprised it didn't work lIke this as it's what I'd have expected based on other games.

Has anyone worked out how the total XP to reach rank 30 compares to before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s quite a jump at the end! I have enough for VIP now but doesn’t look worth it. Had VIP in season 1 only. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is hilarious. The season is over, the game is still an unfinished buggy mess and they’re still trying to squeeze that last bit of money out of the few people still playing, before doing it all again in a few months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LonelyRacer said:

Yeah, and it is 13917 XP for the 29-30 jump.

Man this is actually a disappointment. At the beginning the jump up is 50XP per level, so I don't understand why the jump up increases so much at the end. That really sucks man. I was looking forward to grind to Level 30 again but i guess it will be Level 20 or so...as I don't play the game enough to get there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the point of view of getting enough Pitcoins for the next season, the 28-29 jump is the last one that matters. I don't suppose this is lower and there is then a big just 29-30? 

@StanleyGoodspeed much as you may dislike the Podium Pass idea, I'm sure there would be far more complaints from users if Codemasters had dropped it mid-way through the game's first year than continuing to provide new 'seasons' as planned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

From the point of view of getting enough Pitcoins for the next season, the 28-29 jump is the last one that matters. I don't suppose this is lower and there is then a big just 29-30?

If I remember right, the jumps are about 15% per level from the about 6k, so some 7k, 8, 9k, 10k, 11.5k & 13k

I didn't know that, so I spent my pre-order Pitcoins for the VIP. Then I had to grind it to get the pitcoins back as I didn't know how much time I will have to play this week and after.

Cheers.

Edited by LonelyRacer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×