Jump to content Jump to content

Still not able to use Accuforce Pro after update

DarinSRT

I have an Accuforce Pro and after the new patch I'm still not able to properly add the wheel and get the same wheel options I do with my T300. 

The new update change log states:

• Ability to identify your device as a wheel if you own one which isn’t supported yet

We just tried it and it was the same as before and we're not seeing an option to identify the device as a wheel. . Funny thing too is that you now support a $5000 wheel (Bodnar) and not the Accuforce which I'm sure a lot more people own. 

Anybody have any luck ?

I seem to have it working with my direct drive wheel - woohoo!  I have been keenly waiting to play Dirt Rally again since I ditched the G27.  This is what I did to get it working:

Go into Options - Controller - Choose Preset  and highlight your wheel.  With my OSW it shows as a Direct Input Device (Joystick).  With the device highlighted, you need to press the "override device type" button shown at the bottom.  I had to change the device to keyboard first, so that I could use F1 to "override device type" (otherwise it required me to press button 1).  

After changing the "device type" to "steering wheel", you can apply the preset.  Then you go and set which axis is assigned to each control on the main Control screen.  The advanced wheel options weren't showing for me at this point.  I was very disappointed, and went on to find out that it made no difference in game, it still felt like rubbish with a big dead zone.  I quit the game, dismayed.

Luckily, I booted up the game one more time, and I navigated to the Control menu once more.  To my amazement, Advanced Wheel Options was showing, and I tweaked it before going for a drive.  It was actually working, no deadzone :)  Thank you Dirt Rally team.  Now I've just got to tweak the advanced wheel settings so that it feels spot on with direct drive.  It seems to be apply a lot of damping.

It would be great if the Dirt team could improve menu navigation, sometimes it's tricky to know which one to press when it says button "x".  Maybe keyboard hints on which key to press, as well as a specific button?

Big thanks!! Finally got it working with the tip above...also to output the data for Simvibe and Steering Feedback Foundation you need to do this...

Then you need to go to my documents/My Games/Dirt Rally/Hardwaresettings folder and manually edit the hardware_settings_config.xml

Change the line to: <motion enabled="true" extradata="1" delay="1" port="10001" ip="127.0.0.1"/>

This game absolutely comes alive with a direct drive wheel!!!  I love it.  Thanks team!

I recommend turning down the steering friction effect, it makes makes steering very sluggish.  Go into Options - Controls - Vibration & Feedback, and change the Wheel Friction to something lower, like 50%.  It made a huge difference to my OSW direct drive, sorts out the awful treacle feeling.  I'm guessing this damping will make Accuforce and Leo Bodnar SimSteering wheels feel sluggish as well.  I was getting a lot of noise with the friction effect, but I solved that by adding a small amount of friction filtering in the wheel firmware (OSW MMOS utility).  I wonder why they didn't use damping instead of friction?
KCSmoke said:

Big thanks!! Finally got it working with the tip above...also to output the data for Simvibe and Steering Feedback Foundation you need to do this...

Then you need to go to my documents/My Games/Dirt Rally/Hardwaresettings folder and manually edit the hardware_settings_config.xml

Change the line to: <motion enabled="true" extradata="1" delay="1" port="10001" ip="127.0.0.1"/>

They have changed the XML file structure so for SimCommander use these settings

<motion_platform>
<dbox enabled="true" />
<udp enabled="true"
extradata="2" ip="127.0.0.1" port="10001" delay="1" />
</motion_platform>
Good plan Avenga76.  I found there was no way to get advanced wheel support in patch 0.5, even with editing the xml input files.  Your tutorial is very helpful.

Now that we can get to the advanced wheel setup, I wonder if people might not need to edit the xml at all.  I realized that you can assign h-pattern shifter inputs after changing configuration in the Profile menu, and setting it to h-pattern + clutch.  After you change this option while driving, the clutch, gear 1, gear 2, etc inputs will be available in the main controller screen.

I'm currently using an edited xml configuration, it allows me to assign buttons for moving around menus, a pause button, etc with my g27 shifter dpad and buttons.  I overwrote the g27 xml file.  In case anyone is interested, here's the config I'm using for my MMOS OSW Brute Force 2 direct drive wheel, with Logitech G27 pedals and shifter connected to the same Discovery controller board as the wheel.  Pedal axis direction is reversed from stock G27 pedals because I've rewired them (uniDirNeg has been replaced with UniDir).

As with most driving games, clipping occus if you leave the in game force/torque sliders set to 100%.  That's ok for low torque wheels, but not ideal for direct drive.  So it seems better to turn down the sliders in the Vibration and Feedback screen to 75% or lower to reduce clipping, and leave the scaleForce set to 1.0 in the config file.

--------------------------
lg_g27.xml:
<!-- Action map for the MMOS Direct Drive with G27 pedals and shifter -->
<ActionMap name="MMOS_DirectDrive_w_G27_Pedals_Shifter" device_type="{0FFBF055-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" priority="0">
  <!-- In Game Actions -->
  <Action id="Accelerate">
    <Axis id="di_x_axis_rotation" type="uniDir" deadzone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Brake">
    <Axis id="di_y_axis_rotation" type="uniDir" deadzone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Clutch">
    <Axis id="di_z_axis_rotation" type="uniDir" deadzone="0.0" saturation="0.5" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Steer Left">
    <Axis id="di_x_axis" type="biDirLower" deadzone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Steer Right">
    <Axis id="di_x_axis" type="biDirUpper" deadzone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Handbrake">
    <Axis id="di_button_18" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Gear Up">
    <Axis id="di_button_16" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Gear Down">
    <Axis id="di_button_17" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Gear 1">
    <Axis id="di_button_24" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Gear 2">
    <Axis id="di_button_25" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Gear 3">
    <Axis id="di_button_26" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Gear 4">
    <Axis id="di_button_27" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Gear 5">
    <Axis id="di_button_28" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Gear 6">
    <Axis id="di_button_29" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Gear Reverse">
    <Axis id="di_button_31" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Reset Vehicle">
    <Axis id="di_button_20" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Change View">
    <Axis id="di_button_23" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Pause">
    <Axis id="di_button_21" />
  </Action>

<!-- FE Actions -->
  <Action id="Menu Left">
    <Axis id="di_dpad_0_left" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Menu Right">
    <Axis id="di_dpad_0_right" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Menu Up">
    <Axis id="di_dpad_0_up" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Menu Down">
    <Axis id="di_dpad_0_down" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Menu Select">
    <Axis id="di_button_16" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Menu Back">
    <Axis id="di_button_18" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Menu Button3">
    <Axis id="di_button_17" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Menu Button4">
    <Axis id="di_button_19" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Menu Left Shoulder">
    <Axis id="di_button_20" />
  </Action>
  <Action id="Menu Right Shoulder">
    <Axis id="di_button_23" />
  </Action>
</ActionMap>

Add the section below to your  devicesetup_v2.xml
<!-- MMOS OSW Direct Drive -->
<FFBDevice name="{0FFBF055-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" scaleFriction="0.5"  scaleForce="0.5"/>
You are correct. There is no need for XML files now. I would delete all my XML files and start again from scratch.

That works perfectly on my Accuforce, DSD pedals, sequential shifter and CSS

I have just updated my tutorial here http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/112559/#Comment_112559

I didn't include any FFB settings. I agree that you are best to turn off the wheel friction and the overall force. I have spent all night writing my tutorial so I haven't had a chance to do any driving. I did half a stage and it felt like it was clipping badly. SimCommander has really good graphs for clipping so I will do some testing.

FYI if you haven't seen what you can do in SimCommander, this is an ingame overlay of the force levels when I was testing some of my FFB levels in iRacing. The scale is 100% to -100% and the graph length is just over a lap. I will do the same in Dirt Rally so I can see how it is clipping. You can also run it on another screen.

In some games you can also record your laps an analyse the clipping (Red is the clipping areas)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived