Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Lost VIP Status all my XP points, Tier Level achievement, and Access to VIP Challenges

@BarryBL 

I upgraded to 1.15 and lost my VIP status, all my xp points, my tier level 5 status, and access to all the VIP challenges. However the current level of bitcoins is correct - 8,500. I started with 15,000 - then spent 9,000 on the VIP pass - taking me to 6,000. When I achieved Tier 5 I got 2,500 taking me to 8,500 - which is what the screen is currently showing. I have made no other bitcoin purchases beyond the purchase of VIP status. 

It is showing "Series 4" as the version of Podium Pass

I have the Deluxe Schumacher Edition

Platform: PS4

Version: 1.15

Edited by dwin20

@dwin20, there was a change of series which would have reset your XP points. Also, to claim VIP tier of the Podium pass, you have to purchase this every series with pitcoin. When you started with 15,000, what series were you in?

VIP pass is only valid for the series you redeemed this in. Looks like you are 500 Pitcoin of redeeming the next level. if you get to Level 13 of the normal tier, you should have the pitcoin needed to redeem the VIP pass.

4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

@dwin20, there was a change of series which would have reset your XP points. Also, to claim VIP tier of the Podium pass, you have to purchase this every series with pitcoin. When you started with 15,000, what series were you in?

VIP pass is only valid for the series you redeemed this in. Looks like you are 500 Pitcoin of redeeming the next level. if you get to Level 13 of the normal tier, you should have the pitcoin needed to redeem the VIP pass.

@BarryBL I thought I was in the same one - I didn't change to a new series...

Edited by dwin20

@BarryBL  I was enjoying the developing of experience points and moving up tiers and to be unknowingly reset is a downer to say the least. And knowing that can happen again in the future makes this part of the game kind of unpleasant. 

It should only be reset and the end of a series, and rest again at L1 at the start of the next series. Please DM me your gamertag in PM's (for security) and we'll get it looked into. 

On 1/22/2021 at 9:38 PM, dwin20 said:

@BarryBL Sent - thanks!

To confirm the process here @dwin20

When 1.15 was launched, we also had a new series of PP that required a new PP VIP to be redeemed. Also, this resets your tier as we are in a new series, similar to games like Fortnite. Has your game been reset at any other times than when a new series of PP has started?

EDIT: From our logs, It looks like your first activity with the Podium Pass was on the 26/12. I suspect you got the game for Christmas perhaps. If so, that would be in Series 3, and the change over to Series 4 is as expected. With your 8500 total currency, you are 500 Pitcoins away from having enough Pitcoin to redeem the Podium Pass. You could get to level 13 in the 'Free' tier of the PP and earn the 2500 reward (totalling 11000 Pitcoin), redeem the VIP with 2k to spend, and get the VIP items back. 

From checking the logs, this is a design choice with the Podium pass series, and consistent with the rest of the game. The other user affected has also started playing the game at the same time as you, and there could be just a familiarisation process with how the PP works.

@BarryBL I purchased the game the end of June last year - a pre-release purchase. I had not used this portion of the game as there seemed to be quite a bit of confusion about pitcoins - and that finally seemed to simmer down. One of the reasons I purchased the Schumacher edition was to be able to get the VIP pass. So I finally used the pitcoins for that purpose, but lost my VIP status in less than a month. If I had just waited a little more (and not wasted my time with Series 3) I would now be able to get that status - for hopefully more than a couple of weeks. So the model of purchasing pitcoins is obviously one that doesn't work. 

Edited by dwin20