Sign in to follow this  

Driver moves

I am currently in my 4th season of career mode and the only driver moves in the last couple of seasons have been me or someone retireing.

I started with two full seasons and then 2 shorter 16 race seasons, i was just wondering if that may have affected the driver moves?

Its a shame that people are not moving teams

Well, they can only change when the contracts run out. And they would need the money to get a new driver. So fewer races does mean less income. But I don't know what other things the AI takes into account to get a new driver. If money is the priority it makes sense it will simply continue with it's current drivers.

I noticed that too, in my myteam career they change drivers only when someone retires and they always pick an F2 driver. The driver market is a bit disappointing. 

Driver Transfers was more better in F1 2019 (except stupid Mid-Season Transfers, but luckily we got option to turn it off). In F1 2019 every season 3 to 5 Driver changes, yes it was maybe a little bit unrealistic but at the same time it was more fun for me 🙂 Sometimes it is better to have unrealistic things, because it is more fun for users/players

That is the reason why i want to have Equal F1 Cars in Grand Prix Mode, because it is getting boring to see Hamilton or Bottas every time on Pole and Race Winner.

Edited by SabolcSaghmeist

I was just about to start a thread on the same thing. Driver transfers in F1 2020 are practically non-existent, except for when someone retires, which is rare for me. Since getting the game (early access included), I've only seen TWO TRANSFERS on 2 different saves, both for Raikkonen retiring. And then nothing.

And yes, Driver Transfers is enabled. Incredibly disappointing considering we have F2 drivers now and I'm not able to see any of them take part.

@BarryBL - is this a known issue which is being looked at? It's difficult to report it as a bug because it's one of those things that you don't realise is happening until a long time into the game. I can see people have already started threads in the bugs forum about it but they seem to have been ignored.

It's taken a huge chunk of the enjoyment out of this version of the game (this and Valtteri Bottas being consistently miles better than Lewis Hamilton, I swear their attributes have been mixed up, it's ridiculous). Please get the devs to look into this.

It would be great if there are people who could post evidence of regular transfers occurring (i.e. not related to retirements, just general movement), and that we've just been unlucky.

Edited by s00zster
  • Agree 1

I've posted in this thread in the bugs forum. The OP refers to MyTeam but this issue is the same for MyTeam and Driver Career. I would urge anyone with this issue to post a bug report in there to hopefully get it seen to, I'm thoroughly fed up with this. This issue has existed since the game's release and it's supposed to be a major part of the career mode.