F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

CM please fix the AI in future games (qualifying)

The AI during qualifying is horrendous. I was just doing an 18 minute session in GP mode. Settings were wet and 110%. The track was Spa. I was on my 4th and final lap with 2 and half minutes remaining. Unfortunately every car was now out on track as I started my lap. I could see on the track map the cars were evenly spaced apart. As I approached the cars, they didn't move at all. I was forced to go around one coming out of Eau Rouge, as I approached the next couple turns, I came upon Verstappen. As I started my apex, he didn't move and I ran into the back of him making my lap pointless. The problem is, they don't move. The same thing happens during Weekly Event Qualifying. If you happen to get stuck behind them when they are on an outlap or in lap, you're screwed. This really needs attention and fixing for future games.

They do move but just not mid corner. Which isn't very surprising. I just want them to move a little bit earlier so I don't run into the back of them when I move to the side to pass them and then they decide to go out of my way straight into my new path.

This is true. I'd like if they move out of the way as you approach them into a corner too. This is exactly what happened to me. I was approaching a turn and coming up fast on Verstappen (his outlap). I was probably within a half second of him as he started his turn slowly on the racing line, I kept pushing hoping he would move but as I started my exit of the turn, I slammed into the back of him. They just stay on the race line as if you don't exist.

It is already fixed since years ...

use the replay function —))

more of a problem is when they crash into your back during start - and you get a penalty for the crash —))

As well the fix here - replay function

The AI is since many years an issue ....

Yes the replay/redo/flashback is definitely an option. I however do not like using it, especially during a qualifying lap. It defeats the purpose of trying to progress and get better. If you get in the habit of using a redo, you don't improve. It should be an absolute last resort. Like if you sneeze mid lap and cause a crash lol, then it's ok to use.