Jump to content Jump to content

[PS4 Pro] Game does not start - PS4 Pro overheats and shuts down


Austin28

Recommended Posts

Hello, I have an issue with the game, since the release the PS4 Pro does a very big sound at the starting screen of the game (and during interviews with Claire) but it wasn't a problem. Since the 1.15 patch, the game doesn't want to start at all, my PS4 Pro overheats before the home screen and shuts down. Impossible to get to the game and that's a shame, the game is full of bugs many months after its release.

1.       PS4 Pro overheats and shuts down immediatley

2.       1.15

3.       None because I can't play

4.       I'm only starting the game

5.       Everytime I start the game (since the 1.15 patch)

6.      My PS4 Pro is clean, I'm taking care of it and F1 2020 is the only game to have issues (I don't even have issues with Cyberpunk 2077)

7.       Nope

8.       Nope

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2021 at 6:39 PM, Austin28 said:

Hello, I have an issue with the game, since the release the PS4 Pro does a very big sound at the starting screen of the game (and during interviews with Claire) but it wasn't a problem. Since the 1.15 patch, the game doesn't want to start at all, my PS4 Pro overheats before the home screen and shuts down. Impossible to get to the game and that's a shame, the game is full of bugs many months after its release.

1.       PS4 Pro overheats and shuts down immediatley

2.       1.15

3.       None because I can't play

4.       I'm only starting the game

5.       Everytime I start the game (since the 1.15 patch)

6.      My PS4 Pro is clean, I'm taking care of it and F1 2020 is the only game to have issues (I don't even have issues with Cyberpunk 2077)

7.       Nope

8.       Nope

 

I don't know what those answers are to; but did you try deleting your game off of your console hard drive or external hard drive then re installing it again to start afresh , sometimes that can solve issues.. and you can get rid of patch 1.5 if you cancel/ delete it before it down loads and installs , I have patch 1.15 on my PS4 and it works as it did before the install ,  when you installed it something must have been corrupted for some reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for your answers,

Already did a fresh install, and I have the same problem.

I have opened the PS4 Pro and cleaned the dust on the ventilator, and after that I did a second fresh install, but no resolution.

I would add that the overheat problems is not new, the PS4 already make noise at the start, but it is really impossible to play since the last update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Exasperated said:

I don't know what those answers are to; but did you try deleting your game off of your console hard drive or external hard drive then re installing it again to start afresh , sometimes that can solve issues.. and you can get rid of patch 1.5 if you cancel/ delete it before it down loads and installs , I have patch 1.15 on my PS4 and it works as it did before the install ,  when you installed it something must have been corrupted for some reason.

I hadn't saw this part of your message, maybe I could try this but I have the Playstation Store version of the game (no CD), is it possible to get rid of the patch instead ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

I've found some extra troubleshooting for your PS4 here:

https://www.lifewire.com/fix-overheating-ps4-5081993

https://www.androidcentral.com/ways-fix-ps4-overheating-issues#:~:text=How to fix PS4 overheating issues 1 Room,organize%2C and cool your PlayStation 4 and accessories.

These might help. Can you run through the troubleshooting on your PS4 and report back when possible please. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Austin28 said:

I hadn't saw this part of your message, maybe I could try this but I have the Playstation Store version of the game (no CD), is it possible to get rid of the patch instead ?

Hello , unfortunately once you have installed the update it is integral to the game and you need to do the total deletion from your hard drive.

As far as I know I think that if you buy the digital copy of the game that you can do multiple downloads onto the PS4 that you originally downloaded and installed it to , you just cannot pass it to a different PS4 as far as I know. I am not 100% sure about this so you should do a Google or other browser search to make sure that it is a fact before you start deleting your installation of the game. If you go to your library of games in the main page of the PS4 where you launch your games and can change stuff at the top of the page if you go to the lower part of the library I think you will find all your downloaded stuff and from there you should be able to download/install again .   I think??   If you already re installed in this way then you have already got rid of any patches that you had downloaded and installed before unless you let the game auto update the patch 1.15 that is but you should get an on screen alert if that happens .

Good luck I hope that is correct and that it works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 3/27/2021 at 6:56 PM, Austin28 said:

Hello, still no fix for this ?

I can't even start the game during the installation and reload when the install is finished, it overheats whatever I do...

Seriously, is it so hard to optimize a game ??

Not sure why you don't understand this is not a PS4 Pro issue. Except yours?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2021 at 6:56 PM, Austin28 said:

Hello, still no fix for this ?

I can't even start the game during the installation and reload when the install is finished, it overheats whatever I do...

Seriously, is it so hard to optimize a game ??

It seems that your PS4 PRO might need new paste on the heat sink or has fan problems as there are other posts on here about PS4 pro users that play 2020 and they do not mention overheating problems , might be an idea to strip down your console completely and check everything over , there are plenty of how to videos on YouTube to help out. Hope you find the cause. Regards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...