Jump to content Jump to content

DR2.today - Community Challenges Hub

17 hours ago, 801pel said:

Great website, very helpful.

If I could make a suggestion, having the weather conditions on the itineraries for challenges would be helpful in setting up mock challenges for practice.

thanks

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately this information is not available via the official RaceNet website so there is not much I can do.

I'm hopeful the new RaceNet website (currently in beta) will open up more data.

• Agree 1
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for this work, bookmarked as soon as I’ve came across this side. 
however despite I submit my race net name it couldn’t fetched my clubs/results. Maybe because my race net and steam names differ (tried both) or my steam name contains symbols (parentheses). 

31 minutes ago, ToMythTo said:

Thanks for this work, bookmarked as soon as I’ve came across this side. 
however despite I submit my race net name it couldn’t fetched my clubs/results. Maybe because my race net and steam names differ (tried both) or my steam name contains symbols (parentheses). 

Hi, could you PM me both your racenet and steam names so I can look into it?

7 hours ago, gedazz said:

Hi, could you PM me both your racenet and steam names so I can look into it?

I see it is only for daily/weekly/monthly challenges right? Not for clubs or championships there I’m currently in?

6 hours ago, ToMythTo said:

I see it is only for daily/weekly/monthly challenges right? Not for clubs or championships there I’m currently in?

That is correct.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Social Media & Community Team

Would you be open to clubs/leagues requesting to have their events listed on your site?

It worked well for the Official Club.

26 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Would you be open to clubs/leagues requesting to have their events listed on your site?

It worked well for the Official Club.

Let's try! Do you have a particular club in mind?

One caveat though is that I need to manually import event data at the beginning of each championship season. For the official club it is not a problem because the season is so long and I don't mind doing the import procedure once a year. However if the club runs short seasons frequently, it can get pretty tedious.

Nevertheless, I am happy to include more clubs on the site, so let's give it a go and I'll see if I can better automate the process.

On an unrelated note, since the site has been running for a few months now, I can gather some interesting statistics from the data.

For starters, here are the top daily challenge locations (excluding DLC):

1844966257_Screenshot2021-08-09at23-34-16DR2today-.thumb.png.0922f6a6a921c096df70876e1007f34e.png

1654293308_Screenshot2021-08-09at23-34-28DR2today-.thumb.png.9689a6ba17474b2bee27f8d7d1758d31.png

Considering the criticism the tarmac physics often receive, I find it interesting that Spain is currently the most popular rally location 🙂

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

With the WRC Rally Greece coming up in a couple of weeks, I have created a one-off club event.

• Class: R5
  • Hardcore damage
  • Unexpected moments

Event page: https://dr2.today/challenges/857/entries

Club: https://dirtrally2.dirtgame.com/clubs/club/393527

The event is now live and it ends on Monday, September 13. Join up! 🇬🇷

Edited by gedazz
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Congrats to Maciek for winning the Greece challenge above. I will set up Finland next week.

In other news, I have implemented leaderboard tiers corresponding to Dirt Rally 2.0 reward tiers:

1567836192_Screenshot2021-09-14at18-00-28DR2today-MyChallenges.png.08b9bcff077ce275e756c3c7e33e0617.png

Also added driver rank which is equal to the most common tier achieved over your last 10 events. For example, if you have finished 6 times in tier A and 4 times in tier B, your driver rank will be A. Only official daily, weekly, monthly and Official DiRT Championship entries are included. Your rank is displayed in the upper right corner next to your name.

2134788008_Screenshot2021-09-14at17-51-08DR2today-MyChallenges.thumb.png.f64166fdfa88ba25c51f8ec752d5b033.png

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, gedazz said:

Also added driver rank which is equal to the most common tier achieved over your last 10 events. For example, if you have finished 6 times in tier A and 4 times in tier B, your driver rank will be A.

image.png

Damn straight.

@gedazz would it be possible to see a driver's Tier on the reuslts page of an event?

Could be cool to see if a B-Rank sneaks into the Top 100 of an event for example.

image.png

• Agree 1
8 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

@gedazz would it be possible to see a driver's Tier on the reuslts page of an event?

Could be cool to see if a B-Rank sneaks into the Top 100 of an event for example.

I was thinking of adding it but realized it requires a bit too much work. But yeah, I might implement it some time down the line.

15 minutes ago, gedazz said:

I was thinking of adding it but realized it requires a bit too much work. But yeah, I might implement it some time down the line.

Sounds good, and don't work yourself too hard. You've done great stuff with the site already 🙂 

• Like 1

Hi gedazz 

Awesome work mate!
I been wanting to do something similar for the clubs a community im part of runs, could you be interested in telling me a bit about how you made the site? you can contact me here or on discord at "Agersi #0420"