Sign in to follow this  

2014 Austrian Grand Prix

How many major issues has Ricciardo had since joining RBR? 

It is no wonder Vettel looks off a bit, he's had less time in the car, and so many issues that it must play in the back of your mind eventually. Can't be very confident in a car that continually breaks.

VetteIfan said:
I don't know how many time I'll have to post this link regarding Webber's supposed terrible luck during his time together with Vettel to get the message across. 

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/groups/f1/forum/topic/vettel-webber-and-reliability-at-red-bull/

The amount of one sidedness with reliability issues for Vettel at the moment is way way above what was the case when him and Webber were together. At least it happened at the right race this time though. In pure performance terms this must've been Red Bull's worst race for the best part of 5 years :-/
Well, to be fair, apart from 2010 Webber has had 2-3 more issues per year going by that scorecard... 

Note also that for 2012, that 2 of Vettel's problems are radio, 1 is caused by getting hit by Senna, 1 is a wing change. That leaves 2 legit alternator failures, a fuel pump problem in qually, he went on to finish 3rd, and a KERS issue that resolved itself. Webber gets long-term KERS failures and numerous gearbox changes.

Note also that for 2012, that 2 of Vettel's problems are radio, 1 is caused by getting hit by Senna, 1 is a wing change. That leaves 2 legit alternator failures, a fuel pump problem in qually, he went on to finish 3rd, and a KERS issue that resolved itself. Webber gets long-term KERS failures and numerous gearbox changes.
To add on to the point about the fuel pump, actually- wasn't it more a case of the team not putting enough fuel into the car, therefore not being able to get the car back to the pits and still have enough for the 1 litre sample? Or am I mistaken?

Not a bad (or the best) race, but it'll do. Hamilton's start was epic, shame he couldn't win.

The championship isn't over, but Rosberg needs some bad luck soon.

yugin96 said:
To add on to the point about the fuel pump, actually- wasn't it more a case of the team not putting enough fuel into the car, therefore not being able to get the car back to the pits and still have enough for the 1 litre sample? Or am I mistaken?
No, I think you're right about that.

Crazy to think that Rosberg's worst result this season is 2nd place, an average of nearly 21 points per race, which is very impressive.

It was a bit of a dull race for me, especially coming off the excitement that was Canada. Hamilton got an incredible start and to be behind Rosberg at the end of the lap was amazing! But fair play to Rosberg for keeping him behind. Great to see Bottas on the podium though, surely the first of many, and a great drive by him to keep in touch with the Merc's.

I am sure Lewis will win Silverstone though, and I have a feeling the British fans will bring Rosberg some bad luck :p

All that cheering for Rosberg last year will disappear if he wins  this year no doubt.

Oh yes, that's why I couldn't find it earlier in this thread. It's becoming quite silly...

To add to the stat about Vettel retiring every time Webber has attended a GP - the last 4 races that Nico Rosberg has won, Vettel has retired from.

yugin96 said:
Time for the Hamilton fans to switch allegiances? :P
The worst thing we could have is Hamilton fans spreading their disease.  :-q

Is there a way we could collect money to have Mark attend every F1 race in the next couple of years?