Sign in to follow this  

2014 Austrian Grand Prix

yugin96 said:
yugin96 said:
Rosberg had to slow for Hamilton's yellow flags! Is that why he's so grumpy?

not as pissed off as Hamilton was in Monaco mind
The difference is that Lewis wasn't on P1 when he spun. Cough.
no but he may have stopped Rosberg taking it by causing the yellow flags
Which do you think Lewis would've preferred, him in P3-4 and Rosberg on P1 or him in P9-10 and Rosberg in P3?
probably the former as he'd have been somewhat closer at least

yugin96 said:

Lewis mate, you need to set a lap before you bring out the yellow flags

Side note, how do you embed tweets in posts?

copy and paste the url of the tweet you want to embed into the comments box, don't use the button that makes it a link though (the button next to the insert picture button).
Not working :( Never mind though, thanks anyway.

weird its working for me ok.

http://twitter.com/wtf1couk/status/480337941752205312

anybody else having trouble? 

(like this)

http://twitter.com/motor_racing/status/480345528878657536

Working fine for me, you need to delete the s from https.

Magnussen also really good, ofcourse Button wasn't going to be so fast due to his problems in FP3 but Magnussen being half a tenth slower than a Red Bull was nice.

There we go, quoted couger's status and it didn't work. Hrmph.

yugin96 said:
yugin96 said:
Lol, Hamilton's such a sore loser. "Nah, I'm okay," no, you're most certainly not okay, why hide it?
Because when he doesn't hide it, he still gets the exact same reaction as yours. Blind criticism :p
Ok, firstly, this is probably only the second time ever I'm criticising Hamilton for something like this (the first was Monaco). Secondly, Hamilton obviously isn't 'okay' after qualifying P9 in a car that could've taken P1, and denying it with a short, curt answer is flat out lying. Something like 'of course, I'm disappointed' woudl've been far more believable.
Woah woah, chill out :p The tongue was there for a reason lol. I wasn't having a go at you, I just wanted to point out that when he does speak his mind people criticize him, and when he gives the 'media friendly' response people still criticize him. 
He can't win either way, so if I was in his shoes I'd just be saying as little as possible too :p

yugin96 said:

There we go, quoted couger's status and it didn't work. Hrmph.
Seems like a posting issue if it won't quote posted tweets.

yugin96 said:
yugin96 said:
Lol, Hamilton's such a sore loser. "Nah, I'm okay," no, you're most certainly not okay, why hide it?
Because when he doesn't hide it, he still gets the exact same reaction as yours. Blind criticism :p
Ok, firstly, this is probably only the second time ever I'm criticising Hamilton for something like this (the first was Monaco). Secondly, Hamilton obviously isn't 'okay' after qualifying P9 in a car that could've taken P1, and denying it with a short, curt answer is flat out lying. Something like 'of course, I'm disappointed' woudl've been far more believable.
Woah woah, chill out :p The tongue was there for a reason lol. I wasn't having a go at you, I just wanted to point out that when he does speak his mind people criticize him, and when he gives the 'media friendly' response people still criticize him. 
He can't win either way, so if I was in his shoes I'd just be saying as little as possible too :p
Hm, ok. Though he was neither speaking his mind nor giving a 'media friendly' response there...

yugin96 said:
yugin96 said:
He's turning into Kimi though.  ;)

Well I was not expecting a Williams 1-2 after that session! Amazing stuff. Massa must be feeling great after leaving Ferrari. A number 2 for four years and now he goes and he is on pole with the Ferrari's much slower, awesome.

The race should be exciting. The Williams and Mercedes actually look very similar on pace, and then Lewis will probably get through the pack to join the fight at the top.

I really don't know who will win this race.

Because when he doesn't hide it, he still gets the exact same reaction as yours. 
Hamilton may be my least favourite driver on the grid, but Buttfuzz has brought up a pretty good point. Not directed at you particularly, Yugin, because I didn't see the incident in question, but it does seem that a lot of the time people hate Hamilton for the sake of hating.

Besides, I know I wouldn't complain if Hamilton shut up once in a while. By the looks of things, Hamilton tried to keep his feelings under wraps, so what if a little bit of frustration shows? He's only human, you'd be frustrated too if you lost. Not as if Hamilton threw his toys out of the pram like he usually does.

Very happy for Williams. Can't help but feel it will turn out to be a bit of an empty celebration though. The Williams was destroying its rear tyres on Friday, and that would explain also why it was able to "switch on" the supersofts so well come qualifying 3. 

Should've been Hamilton's pole though, he's got the upper hand this weekend quite comfortably and now with a mistake he's given the chance for Rosberg to increase the points gap further in the championship. Having said that, Hamilton's only got one Mercedes powered car between him and Rosberg so he still has a chance tomorrow if he can dispatch the traffic quickly. 

As for Vettel, it's going to be a long long afternoon with no power from P12 :-/

VetteIfan said:
Very happy for Williams. Can't help but feel it will turn out to be a bit of an empty celebration though. The Williams was destroying its rear tyres on Friday, and that would explain also why it was able to "switch on" the supersofts so well come qualifying 3. 

Should've been Hamilton's pole though, he's got the upper hand this weekend quite comfortably and now with a mistake he's given the chance for Rosberg to increase the points gap further in the championship. Having said that, Hamilton's only got one Mercedes powered car between him and Rosberg so he still has a chance tomorrow if he can dispatch the traffic quickly. 

As for Vettel, it's going to be a long long afternoon with no power from P12 :-/
No power? Do you predict another  ERS issue? :P

Well I was not expecting a Williams 1-2 after that session! Amazing stuff. Massa must be feeling great after leaving Ferrari. A number 2 for four years and now he goes and he is on pole with the Ferrari's much slower, awesome.

The race should be exciting. The Williams and Mercedes actually look very similar on pace, and then Lewis will probably get through the pack to join the fight at the top.

I really don't know who will win this race.
neither do I. I definitely think it's between the Williams and Merc's though The question is can the Wiliams hold them off? Because once the Mercs get past there will be no catching them I don't think. Massa probably couild do it if he gives his all as he knows what it's like to be up front having been there not so sure about Bottas though. Both will give it their all though that much I'm certain of.

I've been out playing cricket all afternoon, so I've just got in.

MAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOWOOWOOWOOWOOWOO!!!!! MASSSSAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! 
:D :D >:D< >:D<  :x

The Lewis Hamilton supporter half of me is naturally disappointed that Lewis is so far down, but the F1 fan half of me is buzzing about the prospect of what should be a fantastic race today. Hamilton and Vettel fighting through the grid, Massa and Bottas fighting it out and fending off Rosberg. Should be really good.

And so, at turn 1, the two Williams will crash into each other, Vettel and Hamilton will be taken out and Rosberg will dominate a boring race ;)

Or Hamilton ending his race in T1 or somewhere else on Lap1.

Or Hamilton's race being terminated by someone else.

Or Hamilton on his way to the podium suffering from mechanical problems.

Welcome to the life of a Lewis Hamilton-fan on Sunday morning.

Ugh. I feel this championship will be decided today. Lewis is just not meant to win another WDC. Tell him to get Turn X right and he'll win the next 25 championships, he'd find a way to get that turn wrong.

I think the Williams made up almost all of its time on the straights, in the corners, as mentioned, it was very messy. Bottas is smart, don't expect a collision but some slipstreaming up the first 2 straights will be fun.