Sign in to follow this  

DiRTbox

Just an update my progress on the DiRTbox, still happy with the internals, may upgrade the graphics card(s) by the end of the year.   I will be 'revealing' :smile: a new 2015 DiRTbox livery soon!

My last post showed some tools, I've been working on something, and its almost done.  Its nothing huge, but been fun to work on.

Ok guys this thread has got me intrested in how to build a gaming pc on little money, building a new gaming pc does not involve huge sums of money, I built mine for around £600 in total my system specs are

Case : Elite coolermaster
Cpu  : Amd fx8320 8 core @3.9Ghz (Corsair H60 water cooling on cpu)
Ram  : 16Gb Kingstone hyper x blu Genesis edition DDR3@1866Mhz
Mobo: Asus M5A97 REV 2.0
PSU  : 900 watt modular bronze
GFX : Sapphire R9 270X 4Gb
SSD  :840 EVO 2.5 Sata 3 250Gb
HDD : 500Gb sata 2, 320Gb sata 2
DVD : BluRay

Have you noticed how i have kept the cpu and gfx card to amd, I believe that amd are more bang for bucks than Intel stuff
(only my opinion ladies)on this system i have at the moment it will play all current games on ultra settings  IE(grid autosport @ 80FPS)

So cmon guys get yer little screwdrivers out and start building your own rig . :~)

Currently this setup runs flawlessly  temps are never over 50c on cpu and gfx card runs max 65c on ultra game settings.

I need a new PC now, mainly for video editing as my current one just can't handle the files from my video camera, or the Adobe software for that matter, but I'd also like one to do some gaming on too. How long ago did you build your PC @North3rnstar ?

My own rig that I had built a couple years ago was far mroe expensive than that of @North3rnstar , probably because I had it custom built by and shipped from an overpriced webstie/company.. it cost me £700-something.

specs:

CPU: AMD FX - 4100 @3.6GHZ

GPU: GTX 560 Ti (EVGA)

Mobo: Asus M5A786L-M/USB3

DVD  RR/W drive

RAM: 4GB Corsaire Vengeance 1600mhz

HDD: 1TB 7200 RPM

PSU: 500 Watt something-or-other

Recently, I bought more RAM, identical to what I had previously, so now I have 8 GB. Coincidentally, the family computer broke down around the same time. I managed to salvage from the wreckage, a 750 GB 7200 RPM hard-drive. After some formatting, it is now being used as my second HDD.

Planned upgrades: MSI 4GB GTX 970 GAMING 4G @ 1140 mhz (August) and a Samsung 840 EVO SSD next year.

The 970 seems to be the best value for money at the mo. Apparently, it 'overclocks like a mentalist', and is capable (once OC'd) of outperforming even the 980, while still running safe temperatures and stable.

Here is my 2015 DiRTbox 'livery' 
I am still tweeting [edit: tweakng] it till I send it off to get printed.  I thought what the heck, I'll send up this: