Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt Rally - AI bug on Lydden Hill

Love the RX update. Awesome!

Today I noticed a little bug while doing Lydden Hill Clubman Circuit. Sometimes the AI will fail at the long stretch before the 180 degrees turn and crash straight into the road barrier (to the full curcuit track). After crashing car(s) will just hammer the barrier like its "thinking" its the full curcuit race.

I shouldn't laugh but.... lol

We are working on improving all of that stuff BTW and once the AI have been retrained it'll stop stuff like this.

I shouldn't laugh but.... lol

We are working on improving all of that stuff BTW and once the AI have been retrained it'll stop stuff like this.
I laughed as well, just had to record that. What a funny little AI man!

Yeah noticed it too more then one occasion, by the way, another thing that was bothering me is that when I am in 3rd place for example, they often call out there has been an accident or that there is a slow driver in front of me while almost always, there isn't one, also the AI didn't pose much of a challenge on master difficulty, I've completed the Monster championship (both Lydden Hill and Höljes) Lydden Hill was a bit more challenging with my non-upgraded Volkswagen Polo, but Höljes was easy, drove it with the 493hp 1300kg Fiesta with 1 hand on the wheel.

Spokster said:
 also the AI didn't pose much of a challenge on master difficulty, I've completed the Monster championship (both Lydden Hill and Höljes) Lydden Hill was a bit more challenging with my non-upgraded Volkswagen Polo, but Höljes was easy, drove it with the 493hp 1300kg Fiesta with 1 hand on the wheel.
They said in the pre-release that the AI will not be very fast until they re-train them in the next iteration. Expect them to be easy until then.

One issue when doing a shorter than standard race (3 lap heats) is that the AI don't necessarily take their joker lap, they seem to think they can do it on the fourth.

There is another thing about Lydden Hill that is wrong(?)
When you drive the long circuit it seems like the game is completely okay if you drive back behind the track and to the starting line and drive that way. The road you drive is a bit longer but you don't need to break for the 'S' turn if you would stick to the supposed road.

Noticed when in cockpit view with arms your driver seems to punch the gear stick to up and down shift :D not sure if this is intentional or not though..

TanHammer said:
Noticed when in cockpit view with arms your driver seems to punch the gear stick to up and down shift :D not sure if this is intentional or not though..
That's how it works in RL.