Sign in to follow this  

350, 000 to start playing RX?

What about the casual gamer who plays maybe 2x a month, if maybe?
Is this some kind of money-pay-as-DLC towards Codemasters?
Or do we just bare and play till I get enough to buy a car?
If anyone has magic, please PM 

thanks

Ledanek said:
What about the casual gamer who plays maybe 2x a month, if maybe?
Is this some kind of money-pay-as-DLC towards Codemasters?
Or do we just bare and play till I get enough to buy a car?
If anyone has magic, please PM 

thanks
You can play it in custom event if you don't have time to play the career mode at all.

thanks...will give it a try then

UPDATE! OMG, I kept taking the wrong joker route! LMAO...Capt Slow of  Top Gear is not so silly no more.
Blew a tire on last lap + 30 sec for missing joker....LOTS OF FUN!!! 
I see why people are asking for the RX...I breaking in sweats here..... thanks Codemasters

It's quite fun, AI needs some work though, not very competitive even on high difficulty, I heared they will fix it next patch, along with some bugs.
Had everything unlocked and upgraded yesterday, all cars from all disciplines, Rally, Hillclimb and Rallycross. took a fair amount of time, but now I can do things for fun and some achievement hunting :)

I agree that the finished game should provide you with enough credits to purchase a RX car. It's a great game mode that many people will expect to be able to get started in (and I don't mean custom events) without the current fairly significant rally effort required to accumulate the credits. The risk is that noobs will move on before they've had a chance to properly experience the fun.

You can still use one on a loan basis, I think the devs did very good in doing this. 350.000 is alot. But I managed to get like +-220000 credits in some hours of playing RX. The evens go so fast you should be able to buy one fairly easy...

Ginginho said:
I agree that the finished game should provide you with enough credits to purchase a RX car. It's a great game mode that many people will expect to be able to get started in (and I don't mean custom events) without the current fairly significant rally effort required to accumulate the credits. The risk is that noobs will move on before they've had a chance to properly experience the fun.
Do you feel the same way about starting Rally mode with either the Lancia Fulva or the Mini? It makes me cringe - how many people are going to think the game plays like ass and quit before working their way up to cars that are actually fun to drive? I have friends that advanced like this: Mini>Stratos>Metro. Ooof! Talk about a harsh ride of progression. Compared to getting the Opel Kadett ASAP it would seem a whole different game to a newcomer.

dwkGravey said:
The Mini is fun to drive! Still one of my favourite cars in the game after 100 hours.
Good news. I hope others feel the same. I didn't have a bad time, really, more like in a hurry to get to what I saw as the good stuff. I had to wonder how others would feel. I knew I was hooked from the beginning, so I wasn't going to be put off easily.

By the way, you can get a RX car 'on loan' for $1,500 and make money in RX that way. So you don;t really need $350,000.00 to play RX. They really need to highlight that for players - it is almost a secret right now.

It takes a while to get enough money to buy a good selection of cars, but before too long you'll be swimming in it.

In my opinion, they really need to decrease the amount of money you make (at least at the higher difficulty levels).

WasabiWei said:
Do you feel the same way about starting Rally mode with either the Lancia Fulva or the Mini? It makes me cringe - how many people are going to think the game plays like ass and quit before working their way up to cars that are actually fun to drive? I have friends that advanced like this: Mini>Stratos>Metro. Ooof! Talk about a harsh ride of progression. Compared to getting the Opel Kadett ASAP it would seem a whole different game to a newcomer.
No - I start the game with a car that I can go rallying with. I share your sentiment that the 60s cars can seem a bit pedestrian and don't sell any of the games thrills but I can also see that a lot of players (myself included) probably should start with something a bit more manageable (especially given the lack of 'assist' options). Loaning a car though - that's just a bit odd!

WasabiWei said:
Ginginho said:
You could do a couple of dailys and you'll have enough for a 70s or 80s car, so you don't have to start wirh the 60s

I think its always good not being able to get all the top notch cars or the cars you want right from start, it gives you something to look forward to and it will make the game more rewarding. I like the career mode, despite it being a bit repetitive right now. Starting with the 60's cars will give you a nice indication on how the physics are in this game. A 70's cars are fun to drive and fast if you just started playing Dirt Rally. The RX Cars are hard to buy for a beginner, but the devs did good on the loan thing dispite it being not so realistic. The way it is done the cars you buy probably follow the learning curve, at least for me but probably not for the hardcore race sim fans...