Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WRC Cars

Hi.In 2010 cars section,you already have the fiesta rs wrc with abu dhabi sponsor and mini wrc.
Because you don't have the wrc license, can you put the polo wrc from last year (with red bull sponsor), hyundai i20 with her livery and the citroen ds3 wrc from last year too (with abu dhabi sponsor)?
It would be nice!
Thanks.

I'm not sure if they'll be able to license all the cars, but there is a content pack arriving in October called 'Modern Masters' that will surely contain at least one of those (and probably some 2000s cars too).

If they can't put the 2015 liveries because they don't have the wrc licence they can put last year liveries.
I hope so

PowerUp said:
If they can't put the 2015 liveries because they don't have the wrc licence they can put last year liveries.
I hope so
They would still need a license for those liveries.

Yes i agree with that but they need to put these cars (polo,i20,ds3) to complete wrc cars section.

They have the ford license so they will not have any problem on making the fiesta 2015 livery and car, the livery license i think that Team is the one who have the license not the wrc promoter

EA have the porsche license, all the brand, because of that is that any game like assetto corsa, pCars use ruf, and the fiesta wrc abu dhabi 2011 was in dirt and in wrc 2, i think that codemasters have all the ford license, in the introducción says ford license product

KickUp said:

Every licensing deal is different and every licensor has different requirements. Without going into specifics we have tried to get the license for a lot of cars for DiRT Rally. While we have got many great cars in the game and we have many more to come there are a number that we have not been able to secure. All of these have specific reasons why which I cannot discuss.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/203/dirty-gossip-thread/p184

The thing with the Ford Fiesta, is that the WRC license, is for M-Sport, not for Ford, as Ford is not in WRC anymore.

Myrvold said:
The thing with the Ford Fiesta, is that the WRC license, is for M-Sport, not for Ford, as Ford is not in WRC anymore.

Please tell me you missed the question mark or "I think..." from your post, because that's just wrong.

They've mentioned before that the Fiesta requires both Ford and M-Sport. If it has a Ford badge, you better believe they're having a say/ getting paid for it!

Malyngo said:
I bet there are different kind of license deals, some might be like "You have the license to use any car we ever built, here have all the CAD models", some might be like "you may use car XY in the 2014 version in pink, nothing else. Google a picture of it.".
The truth is probably somewhere in between those, and Codemasters has a Ford license on whatever they were able to negotiate with Ford. It might just be for everything they already have in the game, it might be for more. We have to see.
Ok, i accept my mistake, i didnt know that, but it would be great to have tanaks car

Not too fussed about getting the recent WRC cars, I'd rather get the early 2000's models. Though I would be surprised if at least one Hyundai rally car isn't in the final release, since I've heard of Hyundai team members visiting the Codies once.