Career Mode/My Team Starting Performance

Does anyone now for certain if at the beginning of Career Mode and My Team the cars are the same exact performance level as Grand Prix mode? Just wondering because I’d like to run a similar performance level in My Team to the online Merc/equal performance settings. 

12 minutes ago, GnrDreagon said:

They are.

So basically every upgrade is being made over the base performance of the Grand Prix car performance then. So in theory I can just upgrade the chassis/aero/engine to the level of the starting performance of the Merc and have a close version of the equal performance online setting. I hope that works and I’m on pc and have messed with the VTF files but I can’t figure them out. 

32 minutes ago, GnrDreagon said:

I guess that's possible but I know nothing about modding the game.

Yeah I’m just upgrading it through the actual in-game method not by modding the VTF files. Basically I just wanted to get as close to the performance level of cars used in equal performance online leagues. 

Sorry if I use your topic but...does anybody knows where the XML (inside the VTF) with car parameters for equal multiplayer cars? I see the one named common.erp has the mercedes.vtf and xml inside...does this mean equal multy cars=Mercedes GP mode car???? Thank you in advance! :) 

43 minutes ago, Alastre said:

Sorry if I use your topic but...does anybody knows where the XML (inside the VTF) with car parameters for equal multiplayer cars? I see the one named common.erp has the mercedes.vtf and xml inside...does this mean equal multy cars=Mercedes GP mode car???? Thank you in advance! 🙂

My understanding is yes the common Merc VTF is the equal performance used. I honestly think the multi player cars handling feels way more stable and has more grip though. 

Edited by Theseus