Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Group S Rally Cars

These were the forgotten replacements for group b that had only 300 hp but were extremely experimental.

The basis for the World Rally Car regulations were loosely based on the proposed Group S regulations, so they are already in there (sort of). 

Some of the Group S concepts released were bonkers though!

Theres an interesting history in it to be fair and well worth looking up, however the simple fact is that none of these cars ever did a rally, we do not know what they are like and to be fair i doubt developers would be able to get any knowledge on how these cars handled etc.. 

Theres an interesting history in it to be fair and well worth looking up, however the simple fact is that none of these cars ever did a rally, we do not know what they are like and to be fair i doubt developers would be able to get any knowledge on how these cars handled etc.. 
I think Codemaster's did a pretty good job with this class in DiRT 3, they just needed better tracks.

I think Codemaster's did a pretty good job with this class in DiRT 3, they just needed better tracks.
Nah you are thinking of the current S2000 class... in the 1980s there was a proposal to replace group B with 'Group S'... a few prototypes were made by various car makers but the group S plan never came to fruition... look up Audis Group S car, it looked nuts!

http://www.thesmokingtire.com/2012/secret-rally-car-audi-group-s-prototype/ just to let ye know, im fairly certain this is the class this thread is about