Jump to content Jump to content

[PC] Vibration effects at Fanatec Wheel

Icefever

Hello everybody,

I have a strange effect with the vibration at my Fanatec wheel (Clubsport Formula v2… see full configuration at the end). Maybe someone with similar hardware can give feedback.

The Wheel has vibration/rumble motors and the vibration is activated in following situations:

• When I’m hitting the gas pedal right before the wheels begin to spin. And when they spin the vibration effect becomes stronger.
  • The same effect at the brake pedal. But here it happens when the wheels lock up.

From my research the game doesn’t support vibration effects at the wheel. So I’m confused that I now have effects depending on gas and brake pedal.
Is my assumption wrong? Does someone have the same effects?

My configuration:

• Game version: 1.15
  • Platform: PC
  • Wheelbase: Fanatec Clubsport v2.5
  • Wheel: Fanatec Clubsport Wheel Formula v2
  • Pedals: Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals LC

24 minutes ago, Icefever said:

Hello everybody,

I have a strange effect with the vibration at my Fanatec wheel (Clubsport Formula v2… see full configuration at the end). Maybe someone with similar hardware can give feedback.

The Wheel has vibration/rumble motors and the vibration is activated in following situations:

• When I’m hitting the gas pedal right before the wheels begin to spin. And when they spin the vibration effect becomes stronger.
  • The same effect at the brake pedal. But here it happens when the wheels lock up.

From my research the game doesn’t support vibration effects at the wheel. So I’m confused that I now have effects depending on gas and brake pedal.

My configuration:

I have a Fanatic CSR wheel and pedal set that has vibration motors in the wheel itself and when you press the brake pedal ( when connected to the electric supply obviously)it causes  vibrations in the wheel even without a game loaded in the console so maybe your vibration motors are activated by reaching a certain point on the pedal itself and have nothing to do with in game signals, you can most likely turn them off in the wheels menu I cannot remember or dont the pedals have their own PSU that you could unplug ? Hope that helps with your question a.Regards.

Thanks for your reply.

You are describing the standard Fanatec ABS/BLI function for wheels with vibration. I already deactived this function in the wheel menu -> The wheel keeps vibrating.

I have done another try: I unplugged the Fanatec pedals and used the keyboard as throttle and brake pedal instead -> The wheel keeps vibrating at use of throttle and brake (described above).

Is this vibration a feature from the game?

55 minutes ago, Icefever said:

Thanks for your reply.

You are describing the standard Fanatec ABS/BLI function for wheels with vibration. I already deactived this function in the wheel menu -> The wheel keeps vibrating.

I have done another try: I unplugged the Fanatec pedals and used the keyboard as throttle and brake pedal instead -> The wheel keeps vibrating at use of throttle and brake (described above).

Is this vibration a feature from the game?

If you unplugged the pedals I guess that the only explanation is that it must be getting a signal from the game to supply the power to the vibration motors, but I cannot give you a more informed opinion sorry , you need to dons Google search about it or get in touch with Fanatic direct . Regards.

From my research the game doesn’t support vibration effects at the wheel.

My search didn't give any solutions or hints. The question that remains: Is this vibration a feature from the game?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2021 at 11:02 AM, Icefever said:

Hello everybody,

My configuration:

Please submit a bug report in the format required. Include your driver and firmware information for the Fanatec equipment.

https://forums.codemasters.com/announcement/38-want-to-report-an-issue-have-a-bug-to-report-please-look-here-first/

Archived