Jump to content Jump to content

This game is so incredibly broken... [VOD]

I keep it short and to the point, this game is so so broken and Codemasters aren't doing anything about it. We just had a league race in which I'm pretty sure I saw every bug possible, drivers going backwards and through the pit wall, timing bugs, the lot... And guess what for the lucky forum people and hopefully Codemasters can sit down and review, it was all live-streamed with 2 perspectives shown towards the end!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/894475514

Enjoy the state of multiplayer summed in one live stream...

Here is one clip to wet your appetite:

https://clips.twitch.tv/AttractiveVenomousHeronWOOP

Edited by Straaft

Hey, Ego dumper crash every time I try to play since the last patch! Check Steam Discussion. Can't you fix it? I have free time now, I want to play this game! Can I bring the game back to the previous patch?

Guest Bicarda

He's not reporting bugs guys he's telling you to fix the game. 
As are many people. 

Clip is hilarious btw. how after all this time a game can still surprise you. 

4 hours ago, Bicarda said:

He's not reporting bugs guys he's telling you to fix the game. 
As are many people. 

Clip is hilarious btw. how after all this time a game can still surprise you. 

And a bug report is how you tell a developer to fix their game. Because just saying fix it is literally the most unhelpful thing you can say.

25 minutes ago, GnrDreagon said:

And a bug report is how you tell a developer to fix their game. Because just saying fix it is literally the most unhelpful thing you can say.

Bro, this game has so many issues, that it's ridiculous. Stutter lag I even stopped reporting. It's impossible to play multiplayer. I'm usually losing around 1 sec per lap. Now I cant even run this ****. I can't send you a specific report because I already removed this game. After around 200h (+much much more in prev editions) I have no energy anymore to play it.

Guest Bicarda
1 hour ago, GnrDreagon said:

The bug reports have been done my man. And doing that cleaaaaaaaarly doesn't work. So my guess is OP just tried another way out of desperation. Or annoyance. 

What you say makes sense with a normal developer that wants to make a good game out of principle. but these guys here give SO little ***** about us or their game (that we've already payed for so why should they) They don't care about being the laughing stock of the game industry as long as they make money over the back of the f1 licence.

They know they have a monopoly on f1 games so they can get by with veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery little effort and it shows.

So yeah. get what you're saying. but with codemasters it's the opposite. You give them a bug report and they do nothing with it.. (or.. well... they cherry-pick 1/100 that looks easy to do all the while leaving the really big ones in)

Please please do NOT bother to fill out any bug reports. They make you jump through hopes and only very basic stuff ever gets fixed.

I left this forum a few months ago after regularly contributing for over 4 years. Major bug (facilities bug) broke my career mode after a month of solid gameplay. I filed a bug report as did five others yet it was listed as "more information required". I asked about this and was told as well as pictures and a bug report I'd also need to supply a video of the bug at which point I realised they were taking the mick. I saw others did actually post videos but it never got fixed. This is my first post since then and will be my last in this forum. I will never buy another Codemasters F1 game.

Codemasters are a joke of a company. This video sums them up perfectly

https://youtu.be/aaEo_NuH1_M

It amazes me how after all their releases they still release games in such a broken state with many of the same issues from last games still present. Most annoying for me is overpowered AI in wet but drying conditions and random difficulty spikes at certain circuits. I got pole by over 2 seconds st Italy yet cant get in the top 15 at Monaco and Hungary and come last in the races.

Edited by 1henryw
  • Thanks 1
On 1/31/2021 at 12:07 AM, Straaft said:

We just had a league race in which I'm pretty sure I saw every bug possible, drivers going backwards and through the pit wall, timing bugs, the lot...

The more issues you experience, the higher chance of catching a single issue goes down. If the whole lobby was as broken as you say, I'm willing to bet there were a lot of issues on the players' side causing this.

For example: I ruined a race once. Had my wifi adapter try and connect to the router through 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz, which somehow didn't work and left me with next to no bandwidth. The game had "enough" bandwidth to keep me connected but everyone in the lobby were racing AI cars, got constant random glitches and such. It didn't take long for that race to be stopped 😅

Full lobbies require all 20 players and their hardware to work hand in hand. Otherwise there will be issues. That's the sad truth in a system like this. There are also some positives in the current networking system such as being able to race side by side against people that you have a 250-300ms ping to.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1