Jump to content Jump to content

Error 1008:h on PC F1 2020

1. Platform : PC
2. Report Code : ERPM-PVGD-KABP-AXTG
3. Date and Time: Since Season Pass 3.

@BarrylBL I've gone through the links you provided, I can see the server and get a green light from both links. The XML writes 

<OnlineServiceStatus>
<ServerStatus accessible="true"/>

I will post the DXDiag later on today.
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Can you confirm which version of Windows you are using if you are playing on PC. F1 2020 requires Windows 10 to run. 

Windows 7x64, but two weeks ago, it worked completely fine. No problem like Error code 1008:h.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Janka94 said:

Windows 7x64, but two weeks ago, it worked completely fine. No problem like Error code 1008:h.

Consider a upgrade to Windows 10 (its free) as this is the supported OS for F1 2020. This issue relates to TLS support and users on old / unsupported platforms will need to update this themselves with https://www.ryadel.com/en/enable-tls-1-1-1-2-windows-7-8-os-regedit-patch-download/ or to upgrade to Windows 10, which is preferred.

Our minimum requirement is Windows 10, and without this, your playing experience may vary.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Consider a upgrade to Windows 10 (its free) as this is the supported OS for F1 2020. This issue relates to TLS support and users on old / unsupported platforms will need to update this themselves with https://www.ryadel.com/en/enable-tls-1-1-1-2-windows-7-8-os-regedit-patch-download/ or to upgrade to Windows 10, which is preferred.

Our minimum requirement is Windows 10, and without this, your playing experience may vary.

I made an account just to tell you that this finally actually worked for me!! 😄 so happy!

The problem started a week ago for me while I played for 70hours without problem on my Win7 before.
It still wasn't fixed an hour ago before I followed your advice and did step 1 and 2 the automatic way in your link:

https://www.ryadel.com/en/enable-tls-1-1-1-2-windows-7-8-os-regedit-patch-download/

Additionally I located the F1 Dx11 executable in the steam folder and under right click properties / compatibility and check "start as administrator"

I came so close to giving up and asking refund and never buying an F1 game again... relieved now  :)

Edited by LuLdeBehanger
  • Like 2
On 1/21/2021 at 11:25 AM, BarryBL said:

Regedit worked just fine, thank you for the solution.

Can't connect to any online functions on F1 2020, getting error code 1008:h.

Platform: PC Windows 10

Report code: DSXD-GADR-PSST-JSVG

Been encountering this bug since 1/30/2021, bought the game today to play with a friend.

I've tried every solution I could find in the forums and nothing has worked so far.

Had this problem on Windows 7 for months. It worked fine for several months after getting the game and then it just stopped connecting online.

Downloaded the KB3140245 Security Patch and installed it.

Then I ran the Registry Patch File för TLS 1.1 & TLS 1.2.

Now my game connects again.

• BarryBL unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

I got my PC a week ago today and downloaded f1 2020 on it. For a few days I had no troubles at all and have been able to play online with my friends with no difficulties. However starting yesterday I have been unable to connect to online and have been given the error code 1008:H. How can I fix this?

• Administrator

Hi,

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do have threads already open on this subject with suggestions. Please enter 1008:H into the search bar and look for the master threads.

• Disagree 1
  • 1 month later...

1.     After starting the game I get the Error 1008: H
2.       Version 1.18
3.       Multiplayer
4.       I tried to launch the Game with DX 11 but it didnt work out. 

5. I reinstalled the game twice.

6. The thread posted on the 6th July last year didnt help at all.

Hi, 

I have repeatedly over the last year been trying to play this game since it stopped working in August last year... 

Every time I log in it is a different error or server maintenance code that appears. But mainly 1008:H.

It has just gone on for too long when will this be sorted? More importantly, when does this become a legal issue? I have paid

extra for content I cannot access, (clearly by the amount of people also struggling) through no fault of my own!

Platform: PC

report Code: DBPH-JVTC-VDVC-XPHE

Date and Time: Repeatedly since last August. most recent, 27/05/2021 @ 20:30 

Would be great if I can finally access the services again!