Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

[Mulitplayer] Mulitplayer car teams feature

This is both a bug report and feature request. Many of us live in hope that you implement this very basic but crucial feature.

Enable the ‘teams’ feature to be assignable in multiplayer for the multiplayer cars to allow us to group players into teams. 

You can literally make it team 1 to 11, don’t even have to allow us to give team names.

Not necessary in ranked 5 lappers but the absence of this feature essentially brakes multiplayer myteam car races on 25% or longer races, especially during SC or even during basic play when two cars go and pit at the same time..the game sometimes assign them to the same pit box despite all the rest being empty! 

I don’t think it’s necessary to use a template to give you the exact details about this, sure by now the developers are aware of it, you know this is a missing feature and a big issues.

Please take it to them again, be strong, don’t take no for an answer, add it to that bug list as an easy win on the same par as fixing Marcus Armstrong’s nationality but one with far greater value and impact on your customers.

• Agree 5

I must echo the OP's comments on this Codemasters. 

I race in a couple of different leagues, both of which have chosen to use a 'fantasy' type format with teams of 2 using the multiplayer cars, rather than the F1 cars. This allows greater flexibility, management & options for the participants & we have some fantastic races with a plethora of amazingly creative & eye catching liveries. 

However, as the OP has pointed out, the inability of the game to recognise these teams leads to some really unfortunate moments losing precious time in the pits, whilst multiple pit boxes stand empty. 

Surely this would be a relatively easy fix to implement for the team of great creative minds at Codemasters? 

Thank you for continuing to strive for perfection in the awesome world of motor racing gameplay! 

I agree this needs changing asap. It surely can't be that hard to programme in ad it is already a function in the real F1 teams.

My league also uses the multiplayer cars with teams and we have similar issues as mentioned above. Seems like it would be an easy fix and would improve

our racing experience. help us please

On 1/31/2021 at 9:40 AM, QmanXV said:

This is both a bug report and feature request. Many of us live in hope that you implement this very basic but crucial feature.

Enable the ‘teams’ feature to be assignable in multiplayer for the multiplayer cars to allow us to group players into teams. 

You can literally make it team 1 to 11, don’t even have to allow us to give team names.

Not necessary in ranked 5 lappers but the absence of this feature essentially brakes multiplayer myteam car races on 25% or longer races, especially during SC or even during basic play when two cars go and pit at the same time..the game sometimes assign them to the same pit box despite all the rest being empty! 

I don’t think it’s necessary to use a template to give you the exact details about this, sure by now the developers are aware of it, you know this is a missing feature and a big issues.

Please take it to them again, be strong, don’t take no for an answer, add it to that bug list as an easy win on the same par as fixing Marcus Armstrong’s nationality but one with far greater value and impact on your customers.

https://forums.codemasters.com/announcement/38-want-to-report-an-issue-have-a-bug-to-report-please-look-here-first/

Please make this a formal bug report @QmanXV or it will be moved to General Discussion|Suggestions, thank you.

Ok bud, do you mean you need me to complete the template? 

Yes please @QmanXV

If you can provide a video example, this will really help me illustrate your suggestion to the developers.

Would be my pleasure, thank for taking the time. 

Here's onboard from a multiplayer car league in Spain. There's 3 cars in the pit area. One is on his way out already, the guy ahead of me is the only other guy in a pit box. I pit early to specifically avoid the typical pit window to not get double stacked. 

Vid is linked to the pit entry time for convenience. 

Ah sorry missed the bit where you said yes please to complete a form I'll do that as well.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, QmanXV said:

Ah sorry missed the bit where you said yes please to complete a form I'll do that as well.

Thanks @QmanXV

To clear this one up, there's no message of 'Team mate in the pits' like there would be on say a F1 2020 Official grid for example. If so, I can see the frustration here.

That's right mate, no mention of team mate in the pits. Though to be fair the pit spanner icon turns red just as I go into the pits, which presumably means 'someone has taken your box'. However this is a pre-planned scheduled stop, not a surprise and me and matey boy are not team mates unoffically or have the same livery. 

Remember in the multiplayer car version you can't assign two drivers to be team mates, though it does have a column for team and then often gives you an icoon colour. Would be nice to just have something like a team number drop down for each player in mp. Team 1 - 10. Doesn't need to be fancy, just to specify who are team mates so this can be avoided. If that's impossible then the random box allocation setting needs to be tidied up.

You still need the template?

Edited by QmanXV

• A detailed description of the issue.  

When using multiplayer cars in multiplayer races there is no way to specify teams, the result is that the game randomly allocated pit boxes to all 20 cars on track. Apart from the absence of a function to specify teams, the issue is the random allocation seems to prefer sending a car to an already occupied box even if the rest of the pitlane is empty resulting in double stacking unnecessarily. I have experience this issue on many 25-50% races as have many other players. 

• Platform
    PS4

• What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

• Ranked/Unranked/Leagues
    Unranked lobbies, all multiplayer races with multiplayer cars typically longer than 5 laps.

• Wired or Wireless Connection? Wired

• The amount of players in your session?
    15-20

• Were you the host? Yes

• Did this issue happens for everyone in the session, just some people or just yourself? What did they see? It happened to me

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

I probably can if I wanted to but preferably don't want it to happen at all.  

• How do you make the problem happen?

The dev's can make this happen too, if they wanted, by playing a 25% multiplayer race and then coordinating a pit party with two other cars and see if this happens. Repeat the test a few time as it's presumably random. 

• Can you add a report code. How to find this is in Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > 16 digit code in the bottom left of the screen. Please make sure that this is the code from the session you had the issue in. Adding report codes from as many users in your session as possible would be really helpful here.

No sorry I can't as this is not a typical bug, more like an attention to detail oversight or an unintended omission.

• Video of the issue, including timestamps. Did you stream the session?

https://youtu.be/uDJN1NqTTAU?t=455
  • Agree 1

You can loophole around this by sorting the driver numbers, pretty sure the game places them in order along the pit wall. 

But yeah, assigning someone as a team mate in multiplayer cars or just knowing which person you've been assigned to would be handy.

Edited by zampa
word
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Interesting. We all have unique numbers, not duplicated, the guy ahead of me is #88.  I'm #51. 
You've experienced this on PC?  

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Thanks @QmanXV

To clear this one up, there's no message of 'Team mate in the pits' like there would be on say a F1 2020 Official grid for example. If so, I can see the frustration here.

That and you don't know who your teammate is so you can't discuss that amongst yourselves either. 

This is another clear example of something that gets reported for 2 full game cycles now. It's incredible that it's still in, and that no one at codies thought this would be a problem in the first place. A game with pitstops that usually happen around the same time. And double stacking being notoriously bad anyway..  Ill thought out for a multiplayer game. 

1 hour ago, zampa said:

You can loophole around this by sorting the driver numbers, pretty sure the game places them in order along the pit wall. 

But yeah, assigning someone as a team mate in multiplayer cars or just knowing which person you've been assigned to would be handy.

That's super interesting to know! 
I always assumed it was the order you joined the lobby.. but this is much easier to manipulate. 

I'm not so sure that this happens with the 'numbers loophole' Zampa mentioned.  Speaking about this Spanish race example in particular, our numbers were: 

2, 9, 13, 14, 15, 25 ,28, 29, 30, 32, 36, 42, 51, 60, 66, 71, 83, 88, 95

If I understand Zampa correctly that would mean Car 51 and Car 60 would share the same box...    In the example it's 51 and 88 going to the same box. 

It is a pain in the backside mate, I agree, but I'm giving these guys the benefit of the doubt, maybe it was reported but nobody's ever completed the proper form for this problem?
Marcus Armstrong made a form to get his nationality fixed and boom! We got Version 1.15!  

Just trying to see the positive side of normal people doing a job they love, I know it's hard sometimes when you feel they're dragging their heels fixing basic things but EA won't pay so much for their product or their expertise if they were complete bunch of useless 'This Word Always Translates Superbly'.  

Thanks for the expert reporting @QmanXV

I've added this forum report and your video to my internal suggestion, on your behalf, for the developers. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, QmanXV said:

Interesting. We all have unique numbers, not duplicated, the guy ahead of me is #88.  I'm #51. 
You've experienced this on PC?  

The game doesn't stop you assigning the same driver number in multiplayer lobbies. It's frequently duplicated on PC. I use #66 and it's unusually popular.

Once a number is assigned it should default to the driver number of the car 'slot' it's using as they can't be picked in career AFAIK.

I drive a Mercedes at present, so I should get #66 in Multiplayer, but if I join a lobby where #66 is already assigned I should get #77 as I usually select Bottas. It would be useful in Multiplayer Car because you would still get assigned a number that would ID your garage position if that were the case - AFAIK the MP minimap and totem colours are based on the primary (main) colour of your MP livery. Then bugs shouldn't occur but I think the matchmaking moves people into slots "first come, first served".

It shouldn't affect Career as you replace a driver, so I don't see why you don't in Multicar MP.

Reading the UDP thread the Lobby Info packet 9 is m_TeamID is always 41 in Multiplayer Car.

The Participant packet 4 m_DriverNumber is set.

So in the Queen's English,  that means the multiplayer cars are all assigned to the same team? Crickey. Massive oversight there, one can understand why Bicarba is so critical. 

Assuming then that it is so easily spotted in the UDP data, it must stands to reason that these masters of code will find this little conundrum a right doddle to fix yeah?  

• Agree 1

Be interesting to see if the cars all use the same pitbox or if you can be blocked by different cars on different stops or if it uses the same pitbox you used in your last multiplayer game prior to a Multiplayer car MP session.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Be interesting to see if the cars all use the same pitbox or if you can be blocked by different cars on different stops or if it uses the same pitbox you used in your last multiplayer game prior to a Multiplayer car MP session.

I hear you, though it would be even more interesting to open the next update's readme and find that they have simply fixed this so we don't have to worry about continually trying to find ways of demonstrating an issue which you practically exposed by simply looking at the UDP packets. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, QmanXV said:

I hear you, though it would be even more interesting to open the next update's readme and find that they have simply fixed this so we don't have to worry about continually trying to find ways of demonstrating an issue which you practically exposed by simply looking at the UDP packets. =

Figuring out the specifics of why and how it goes wrong are equally important for a quick fix.

8 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Figuring out the specifics of why and how it goes wrong are equally important for a quick fix.

Yes because when one has a flat tyre it's best to drive a bit longer to make sure that the lack of pressure is equally affected over the entire circumference. 

You've shown them the nail in the tyre by looking at the basic telemetry data, now it's up to them to patch it.