Sign in to follow this  

F1 2013 - what's your favourite glitch?

This isn't a "Have a go at CM" post and seems like most of the "moaners" haven't joined us yet anyway - no, just a bit of fun and possibly of use to CM as some of these might still be in the existing code. So what are your favourite glitches?

1) Obviously, the stuff your manager says during the race is great fun - particularly online when he's putting other people onto the wrong tyres. "Great overtaking..", when the other guy was doing about 10 mph, "Well done, that lap has put you in Pole", after you've just spun-off 3 times. "That's 18th place, not the position we'd hoped for" after you've done all your practise in the Marussia on prime tyres, standard revs, no DRS and two-thirds of a tank of fuel and the AI on Legend.

2) Teleportation is a fairly common form of online overtake when lag is present, but I've been overtaken by "levitation" - the other car took off, hovered over me and landed on the track ahead. 

3) Getting stuck indefinitely in the pitlane - not so much fun!

4) Dry pit lanes in full wet conditions - even the bits with no cover.

5) Online Quali - 100% chance of rain, bone dry all session. 0% chance of rain and they've already got the wets ready.

6) The random seams in the barriers that occasionally stop you in your tracks like they do in Wipeout. 

7) The exploding kerbs at Abu Dhabi - that's what they feel like anyway.

8) The "out of car" experience where the centre of sound moves outside the car in practise and you can just barely hear your engine in the distance 

9) The AI's deliberate blocking in quali

That'll do for now.

9) The AI's deliberate blocking in quali

Even worse than AI blocking me somewhere in the middle of the lap is when an AI car leaves the pits at the exact moment I'm starting my flying lap and blocks me in the first corner. 

This was actually on F1 2012, but this glitch was seriously entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9VoLQSdhAg

The sidepod glitch in F1 2013 while playing online on the xbox is my favourite I can't race with anybody 

Chromatic said:
The sidepod glitch in F1 2013 while playing online on the xbox is my favourite I can't race with anybody 
We are getting all the forms of lag now. The sidepod one is where the other guy moves side-ways towards you and the sync assumes he kept coming even though he didn't. The "front bubble" is clearly back again and the "rear bubble" (where you think you are ahead of someone going into a corner but on their screen you're neck and neck) is also creeping back in. Basically, lag is becoming chronic seems like on XBox and PS3. I can sometimes be in lobby with just one other guy who's also got fibre and we're both showing yellow.

This was actually on F1 2012, but this glitch was seriously entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9VoLQSdhAg
Great "overtaking", must have required a few "takes". Yeah, the invisible wall can create that effect too, though have to say F1 2013 seems to have fixed most of these - this is F1 2012 as well:-

My favorite glitch was the fact I fell for it again and bought 2013 after 2011 and 2012 were utter rubbish. 2010 was clearly the best immersion (thinking paddock and live the life) whereas all successors were sterile and non-motivating to play in career.

So yeah I am my favorite glitch LOL

My favourite glitch is the save bug. Cost me six attempted championships in 2012 and one in 2013 (never got to finish a single year). This is the reason I won't be purchasing 2014 (not that I follow F1 much anymore, the racing is dreadfully boring).