Jump to content Jump to content

XBOX - unable to join any multiplayer session/lobby

First of all, I've found this topic, but it's marked as "solved". So I decided to create new one.

• A detailed description of the issue.
    In F1 2020 I cannot join any of multiplayer session. When I go to unranked I can see list of open lobbies but if I want to join any of them I see joining message for quite a while but then failed to join to session. In the same time other people in lobby see me trying to join.
    But in F1 2019 everything works fine, I can join lobby and play multiplayer. So this is F1 2020 related issue.

• Platform
    Xbox Series X

• What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

• Ranked/Unranked/Leagues
    All of them

• Wired or Wireless Connection?
    I tried wired and wireless. I tried also different networks and even mobile data.

• The amount of players in your session?
    It does not matter

• Were you the host?
    No

• Did this issue happens for everyone in the session, just some people or just yourself? What did they see?
    It happens to myself since last Saturday (30.01.2021). Other people see me trying to join lobby (my nickname is displayed on list with loading spinner)

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    This happens in every try to join any lobby.

• How do you make the problem happen?
    I just try to join lobby

• Can you add a report code. How to find this is in Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > 16 digit code in the bottom left of the screen. Please make sure that this is the code from the session you had the issue in. Adding report codes from as many users in your session as possible would be really helpful here.
    HVDX-CXJB-TEHV-BHJG

• Video of the issue, including timestamps. Did you stream the session?
    Screens attached

01-joining.png

02-error.png

@steviejay69 thanks for your reply. Accordingly to link you provided:

1) Check the servers are not experiencing issues
There is no issues

2) Check your account
my xbox live gold account is paid and active

3) Try a Hardwired Connection
I've tried both wired and wireless connection, as I mentioned before.

4) Fully shutdown and reboot your console or PC
I fully shutdown and reboot console few times, even turned off from power for an hour

5) Make sure your system is fully up to date
Both xbox and F1 2020 game is up to date

6) Restart your Router
I did it few times. I also tried another network and mobile data.

Also I did check network from xbox console for multiplayer games etc. and everything looks fine.
On Sunday I even reinstalled F1 2020 game.

I don't think that could be my network configuration issue because I'm able to join lobbies and sessions in F1 2019 game. Also other games works fine.

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Can you try another online game mode like Ranked or Weekly Challenge?

Do you have any issues downloading TT setups or updating in Leaderboards?

Weekly challenge works - I am able to race (but this week is like "offline" type, I think).

Ranked mode - I can be as host, but I cannot check if other people would join me, because there is no people available right now. Also cannot check if I can join other games due to small amount of active players now, but yesterday I was not able to do this.

On TT I see leaderboards, I can download TT setups, so no issue here.

EDIT: in ranked mode someone tried to join, but after a while of loading he left - probably disconnected. 

Edited by siewcaChaosu

The final one is to reset your router, not restart, reset it to factory defaults and take advice from your ISP about how to set it up again.

Many routers are auto configuring. But otherwise, enter the minimum of configuration information to establish your connection.

Also, consider leaving it off for 60 minutes if you go down this route. This will most likely mean you are allocated a new external IP (probably Dynamic unless you specifically have a Static IP option) but again, try consulting with your ISP about this.

24 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

The final one is to reset your router, not restart, reset it to factory defaults and take advice from your ISP about how to set it up again.

Many routers are auto configuring. But otherwise, enter the minimum of configuration information to establish your connection.

Also, consider leaving it off for 60 minutes if you go down this route. This will most likely mean you are allocated a new external IP (probably Dynamic unless you specifically have a Static IP option) but again, try consulting with your ISP about this.

I already did that before submiting topic here 🙂

unfortunately it didn't help

But as I said at the begining, I am able to play multiplayer in F1 2019, so I don't think that's my network configuration issue.

Edited by siewcaChaosu
  • Administrator

If you are running a Firewall, ensure it is set to allow the game to communicate on the following ports for both inbound and outbound traffic: TCP and UDP port 3074.

9 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

If you are running a Firewall, ensure it is set to allow the game to communicate on the following ports for both inbound and outbound traffic: TCP and UDP port 3074.

I have set port forwarding to xbox for both TCP and UDP port 3074. Also I have tried to connect to lobbies with disabled firewall on router.

The same result - cannot connect 😞

Till Saturday everything worked fine, no issues. My network configuration, software and hardware didn't change.

Edited by siewcaChaosu
  • Administrator

Strange @siewcaChaosu. Might be worth talking to your ISP on this one, as it seems your setup is pretty much ideal for the Multiplayer platform. Are you running a VPN perhaps? Any custom mods like a livery for example.

Just now, BarryBL said:

Strange @siewcaChaosu. Might be worth talking to your ISP on this one, as it seems your setup is pretty much ideal for the Multiplayer platform. Are you running a VPN perhaps? Any custom mods like a livery for example.

No, I don't use VPN. But when I was looking for reason before submit topic here, I tried also connecting via VPN - nothing changed. I don't use custom mods. I even have no idea how to use it on xbox 😄

@BarryBL but if it was my ISP then I couldn't connect with F1 2019, right? Because as I guess protocols and connections are pretty the same for both games, right?
As I understand this situation, somehow my connection is blocked on game servers which cause joining problems.

6 hours ago, siewcaChaosu said:

@steviejay69 thanks for your reply. Accordingly to link you provided:

1) Check the servers are not experiencing issues
There is no issues

2) Check your account
my xbox live gold account is paid and active

3) Try a Hardwired Connection
I've tried both wired and wireless connection, as I mentioned before.

4) Fully shutdown and reboot your console or PC
I fully shutdown and reboot console few times, even turned off from power for an hour

5) Make sure your system is fully up to date
Both xbox and F1 2020 game is up to date

6) Restart your Router
I did it few times. I also tried another network and mobile data.

Also I did check network from xbox console for multiplayer games etc. and everything looks fine.
On Sunday I even reinstalled F1 2020 game.

I don't think that could be my network configuration issue because I'm able to join lobbies and sessions in F1 2019 game. Also other games works fine.

Bit of a long shot....is your account in good standing?

Is there anything about your gamertag that might be deemed offensive?

Have you recently made a change to your gamertag?

Sorry if these questions are a little pointed, but they need asking for thoroughness. 

@steviejay69

1) Bit of a long shot....is your account in good standing?
I am not sure what do you mean, but I think so 😉 

2) Is there anything about your gamertag that might be deemed offensive?
I don't really think so. I use my gamertag for couple years.

3) Have you recently made a change to your gamertag?
No

4) Sorry if these questions are a little pointed, but they need asking for thoroughness. 
No worries 😉 I hope codemasters will find out what is the problem, as far as I know I am not only one who struggles with this issue.

Edited by siewcaChaosu
  • Agree 1

Ive been having this exact same issue with this game i have no problem joining online lobbies on f1 2019 but 2020 i cant ever since saturday also. Can we please have this resolved as missing league races. Its not a issue with our ISP its you're servers blocking a select few for some reason myself included. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
3 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Could you try clearing the cache on your Xbox @siewcaChaosuhttps://www.lifewire.com/clear-cache-on-xbox-series-x-or-s-5088020

On this website they added 3 options:

1) unplugged console
I did it before. I even unplugged it for an hour. Didn't help.

2) Clear Persistent Storage
I just did it. It didn't help.

3) Resetting the Console
With all due respect, I won't do that. It's more than obvious that's the reasons is not with my console. I don't want to lose my all settings and games already installed and played.
There are people with the same issues on both Xbox and PS. As @brissleee said, the problem is that your servers somehow are blocking a few people to connect online games.

It's really not good that we have paid for this game and due to servers issues we cannot play online...

• Agree 1
8 minutes ago, siewcaChaosu said:

On this website they added 3 options:

1) unplugged console
I did it before. I even unplugged it for an hour. Didn't help.

2) Clear Persistent Storage
I just did it. It didn't help.

3) Resetting the Console
With all due respect, I won't do that. It's more than obvious that's the reasons is not with my console. I don't want to lose my all settings and games already installed and played.
There are people with the same issues on both Xbox and PS. As @brissleee said, the problem is that your servers somehow are blocking a few people to connect online games.

It's really not good that we have paid for this game and due to servers issues we cannot play online...

Iam so over paying the amount of money i do only to not be able to play it. Its really frustrating now. And is regards you resetting the console dont bother as i tried it after day 1 i even uninstalled and reinstalled the game and didn't work.

Edited by broknreptile
  • Like 1

@BarryBL I also connected my old console Xbox one S, which I have used before changed to Series X. Till now I did use it at all.

I could not connect either. So it's not my console related.

So to sum-up things...
I think we ruled out ISP issues, we ruled out Xbox issue, we ruled out network confituration.
As I told you in PM, I even bought F1 2020 on PC via Steam and it works fine.

This is clearly issue on servers, which are blocking us.

• Agree 1

I have attached quick movie that proves f1 2020 cannot connect but f1 2019 can connect. I hope that finally rule out issues with my network/console/configuration. Because if something were wrong on my side, I am sure that I would not connect to f1 2019 either.

Error message appears in f1 2020 at 2:02, then switch to f1 2019 and connecting to lobby at 2:35.

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, siewcaChaosu said:

I have attached quick movie that proves f1 2020 cannot connect but f1 2019 can connect. I hope that finally rule out issues with my network/console/configuration. Because if something were wrong on my side, I am sure that I would not connect to f1 2019 either.

Error message appears in f1 2020 at 2:02, then switch to f1 2019 and connecting to lobby at 2:35.

That is exactly identical to what mine does 

• Like 1