Jump to content Jump to content

DiRT Rally X - Lydden Hill Joker 1st lap, get hit off track or spun out by AI everytime.

K4mOnThen

Hi,

I have noticed in either career or customer event on Lydden Hill, that if you try to go left from the start line to take the Joker (on the first lap) the AI hit you off the track or make you spin out and its almost impossible to avoid, unless you let them overtake first which is pointless.  This means that you HAVE to take the joker lap on the 2nd lap or later.

Also, I think the cutting corners penalty is harsh as sometimes you are just drifting around the bend with the wheels slighltly over the wrong edge of the curb.  I wouldnt call this cuttting the corner and doesnt deserve a 12 sec penalty for example.   If anything you are already slowed by not keeping the car off the curb, isnt this a penalty enough in itself?

Anyone else noticed this, particulary the AI hitting you off on the 1st lap if taking the Joker.

I think its something that needs looking at by codies.

K4m
Thats quite accurate though, if you try to cross the track from the start line with any race start, real or virtual, you'll end up taken out!

Fair comment on the penalty though, I found though, the spotter will warn you but you may not end up penalised
I've had that too, but that's kinda understandable, as you try to cross the path of five other cars (in Lydden they usually put you on the right side). In Open championship or in custom event with easier opponents you can get to the joker in the first lap, because they are slower, but in the later championships or the FIA ones the AI are too fast for you to be able to get across the road. In Lydden hill I usually take the joker on the second lap. In Holjes you can quite easily do it on the first one, because it's not before the first corner.
But if they do clip you, the RX cars can actually recover from quite a big slide.
As for cutting corners, I've only had that when I had a massive off, when just driving, I often get two wheels off the track and they say nothing
Totally pointless IMHO

Why should cross all the lanes to get the joker at the start???  Its a suicide starting from right place.

Obviously, the other cars would not let you pass... Thus, in real life more than one driver would recriminate than movement. Its simply dangerous.

Anyway, with a "better setup", a slightly better start and better/efficient gear changes you can cross with no problem cause AI is totally .."turteled" (¿?), pretty slow.
OzoreXS said:
Totally pointless IMHO

Why should cross all the lanes to get the joker at the start???  Its a suicide starting from right place.

Obviously, the other cars would not let you pass... Thus, in real life more than one driver would recriminate than movement. Its simply dangerous.

Anyway, with a "better setup", a slightly better start and better/efficient gear changes you can cross with no problem cause AI is totally .."turteled" (¿?), pretty slow.
It doesnt seem to matter the position you start in.  They ram you from behind.  Since starting the post I have noticed that the AI sometimes take you out on the first bend if you dont take the joker too! Basically you have to go where they dont which IMO is b****.  I dont mind rough competition but not AI that has the ability to ruin your race and if you dare to touch them at any point they carry on like nothing has happened and you in the mean time career off the course.    Its not right and that not how real rally x is.    The AI could do with learning some manners from the AI on Project Cars!
K4mOnThen said:
OzoreXS said:
Totally pointless IMHO

It doesnt seem to matter the position you start in.  They ram you from behind.  Since starting the post I have noticed that the AI sometimes take you out on the first bend if you dont take the joker too! Basically you have to go where they dont which IMO is b****.  I dont mind rough competition but not AI that has the ability to ruin your race and if you dare to touch them at any point they carry on like nothing has happened and you in the mean time career off the course.    Its not right and that not how real rally x is.    The AI could do with learning some manners from the AI on Project Cars!
I would say that it is more about where you position your car through the bends than the AI, I haven't experienced big issues with them, but have been in quite a few crashes. And when looking at the replay I can clearly see what I could've, and should've done wrong.

Archived