ANY HINTS ON THE NEW F1 2021 GAME?

I know things in the world are still not normal but when do you (Codies) think we will get any news on the upcoming F1 2021 game?

ALSO If its not too late in development can you let us know if you will be adding even more classic cars please? I would love to drive a toyota car from the 2009 season and the 1998 Jordan. 

1st Things 1st we still do not know the TBC track and that will hold things up (which is round 3 after Imola) so Code masters can not say anything until fia sorts out the tbc

Hmm, maybe the pandemic, the postponed F1 2021 rules in RL F1, the implementation of season pass, and the recent sale of Codemasters might result in F1 2021 becoming a DLC for 2020, including some free features for the basegame: Better AI and reworked penalty system (for virtual GP multiplayer, mostly), an editor for even more community made car designs, along with a track DLC for all the new (old) tracks we saw in 2020 or might see in 2021. For me personally, this would make way more sense than any half baked F1 2021 game, they better return with a F1 2022 blast, when the formerly postponed new rules (and thus the new cars) will have to be implemented into F1 2022 anyway.

Edited by Schneehase
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

3 hours ago, Schneehase said:

and the recent sale of Codemasters might result in F1 2021 becoming a DLC for 2020

+1, I believe this would be the most reasonable thing to do, add it in like the F2 2020 season and focus all other efforts on F1 2022.

3 hours ago, Schneehase said:

along with a track DLC for all the new (old) tracks we saw in 2020 or might see in 2021

This is where the uncertainty now hits again, for 2020 we didn't see the replacement tracks because the effort involved wouldn't be justified for a single season. Now some of them are back on the 2021 calendar so it would have paid off more than before. I'd love to see the tracks make their way into the game.

Fully agree with the comments above. Go big on F1 2022 with EA money and next gen platforms.

• Agree 1

Absolutely, release 2021 as dlc with (hopefully) updated tracks, teams etc. Tracks is a difficult situation to gauge as while last year there were last minute changes to the intended schedule, there's a bit more notice this year. Whether that's enough to get the tracks scanned and ai "trained" is another matter. 

I doubt that many of people's guesses will happen. We have to remember that F1 2021 has been in a development stage since F1 2019's release as the F1 teams are always working on two games simultaneously. One of the things a two-year cycle allows is to develop bigger features to the games, such as MyTeam for F1 2020. The bad thing is that plans become even more significant as changing plans midway through may be problematic.

Tracks are still a bit of a problem as the new season is to start in just a month or so, yet we aren't 100% sure which tracks and layouts will be used and when. In normal conditions, making a new track takes more than half a year for most racing game studios. Some may even work on a single track for years. Asking for a multiple tracks to be designed for the 2021 game may prove to be impossible due to all the COVID regulations and travel restrictions, which harm the process of getting data for the designers.

In my opinion, we are probably going to see a standalone game with new features if their plans haven't changed because of the pandemic. Who knows, maybe it won't be anything like what we're expecting 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, UP100 said:

I doubt that many of people's guesses will happen.

Hmmm, interesting. In fact, that is what I would have guessed, that games have been in the pipeline much longer. However, with postponing the 2021 rules (FIA) to a later 2022 season, would a software developer not have problems with that as well, with the "new" car models and whatnot, which would not arrive now? Under these circumstances it may well be we get some kind of "intermediate" game for 2021, which was based on 2020 game but with some upgrades, rather than a completely new game, which has been in development since 2019 but stripped by a few features. In any case, you might be correct as well and noone knows, probably because we all do not know how the world will proceed into the pandemic as well. We just dont, and meanwhile I will keep driving F1 2020 and will / would be happy about any content, even paid DLCs, that might be released. Guess i am not the only white rabbit who does 😄

I just hope Ranked mode is revamped.

The standard of driving online in unranked lobbies is just shocking. I honestly dont know why half the people on there even bought the game.

Need to be able to report dirty drivers etc because its almost impossible to find any lobby you wont just get smashed to bits in. 

Things you can 100% count on is the constant panhandling will continue...

Item store pop up windows,
Way more microtransactions,
An unfinished product,
Other greedy and shady practices,

And bugs... lots of bugs

Enjoy!!

TLDR; The continued of ruining the F1 franchise by a greedy & lazy studio. 

Edited by StanleyGoodspeed
Accuracy

19 hours ago, GunDeviLnl said:

All i want is crossplay and a Next gen upgrade...

I can put up with XP and having to press the skip button to blank out the online clothing shop selling pyjamas etc but what I really would like to see is the introduction of  cockpit only (with halo strut) cam view if you connect a wheel to the game. F1 is a serious sport its not a thing that should be allowed to be dragged down to the level of a Childs game because 'The kids' that's laughable some are kidults  cannot manage to drive a car from the driving seat ,how ridiculous is that , its embarrassing . That's not my opinion its a fact. Get a grip. Some one on here said that It is fun to drive in cockpit cam now and again as if driving a car is normally done in TV cam view and cockpit cam is an alternative. "Lets take back control"! ,  let them play Table top racers or some other game that is just a bit of a lark.

All hand controller users are exempt from this because they are using a device to drive the car that does not simulate reality.

No DLC 2021 please. Go big on F1 2021. I want this codemasters F1 series to be finalized before it becomes an EA game. My Team still needs a lot of improving on consoles. It was a very good idea. Something we have been waiting for for over a decade so I want Codemasters to finish what they started before turning it into something else. If the EA version sucks I can still have F1 2021 to fall back on 

Edited by BelgiumDude