Jump to content Jump to content

• i can't start any multiplayer game, i have tried creating an unranked match but the status keeps blinking in white, also for my league's and for ranked.

• i play on ps4

• version 1.15

• and in every mp gamemode, unranked, ranked, multiplayer.

• when i join a lobby i don't get an error code it just keeps trying to connect in the lobby with the connection.

• i have looked if servers were down, have restarted the game, restarted my ps4, checked for update, unplugged my ethernet cable, but my wifi and modem is working normal.

• i use a thrustmaster 300

• i have put a video with it, where i try every gamemode and cant connect, i have sometimes waited 10/15 minutes even and still no connection

2 hours ago, KuruptMAV said:

• i can't start any multiplayer game, i have tried creating an unranked match but the status keeps blinking in white, also for my league's and for ranked.

• i play on ps4

• version 1.15

• and in every mp gamemode, unranked, ranked, multiplayer.

• when i join a lobby i don't get an error code it just keeps trying to connect in the lobby with the connection.

• i have looked if servers were down, have restarted the game, restarted my ps4, checked for update, unplugged my ethernet cable, but my wifi and modem is working normal.

• i use a thrustmaster 300

• i have put a video with it, where i try every gamemode and cant connect, i have sometimes waited 10/15 minutes even and still no connection

63403932451__59C62BD9-8405-4DED-B7D1-A2538174ACC2.MOV

You'll need to upload in better quality. Can you not use the PS4 Game Capture?

Uploading a video clip | PlayStation®4 User's Guide

I've tried to replicate the creation of an Unranked lobby with 'Invite Only' - your connection indicator will flash until there is someone else in the lobby.

I'm not a member of a League in the in-game as it does not correctly implement things required within my online racing league.

Edited by steviejay69
Clip added
15 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

You'll need to upload in better quality. Can you not use the PS4 Game Capture?

Uploading a video clip | PlayStation®4 User's Guide

I've tried to replicate the creation of an Unranked lobby with 'Invite Only' - your connection indicator will flash until there is someone else in the lobby.

I'm not a member of a League in the in-game as it does not correctly implement things required within my online racing league.

yeah i have the same, but also when i join a lobby with people it keeps flashing so i don't know what the problem is?

15 minutes ago, KuruptMAV said:

yeah i have the same, but also when i join a lobby with people it keeps flashing so i don't know what the problem is?

it usually indicates the connection to others is being negotiated or is not firm.

What is your NAT Type? NAT Type 1 (Open) is preferred.

5 hours ago, KuruptMAV said:

i have nat type 2 which shouldn't be a problem since i can still play call of duty and other games online

NAT Type 2 is restricted, you should consider opening ports on your router.

Playstation requires

Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074(UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 500 (UDP)
Port 3544 (UDP)
Port UDP 4500 (UDP)

If you feel NAT Type 2 is okay then I suggest you try basic troubleshooting with your PS4.

18 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

NAT Type 2 is restricted, you should consider opening ports on your router.

Playstation requires

Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074(UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 500 (UDP)
Port 3544 (UDP)
Port UDP 4500 (UDP)

If you feel NAT Type 2 is okay then I suggest you try basic troubleshooting with your PS4.

not to sound like an a-hole, but nat type 2 is moderate and is recommended. It's not recommended to put your nat type to 1 since it can attract hackers and people that want to steal info, nat type 2 is moderate, nat type 3 is strict. on strict you can't do anything. with nat type 2 you can get invites from other players, host lobbies without hindrances. even though you are a moderator i suggest you take a closer look at what the different nat type's are

56 minutes ago, KuruptMAV said:

not to sound like an a-hole, but nat type 2 is moderate and is recommended. It's not recommended to put your nat type to 1 since it can attract hackers and people that want to steal info, nat type 2 is moderate, nat type 3 is strict. on strict you can't do anything. with nat type 2 you can get invites from other players, host lobbies without hindrances. even though you are a moderator i suggest you take a closer look at what the different nat type's are

DMZ is the unrestricted direct to internet state. Static IP on your local network - no NAT. The external IP of your router appears to exist at your Playstation. NAT manages LAN IP ranges.

It seems the NAT types as applied to consoles are pretty meaningless. NAT 1 or Open means if your firewall is correctly configured your Playstation can't tell that you're not directly connected to the Internet (all ports are open that the Playstation connects on). 

NAT type 2 is Restricted (or Moderate) and means that your Playstation can tell that there is a firewall in place, whether or not it is set with routing rules (applied to devices) or uPnP (auto triggering of ports). That device is then tracked around the LAN via NAT (if it works correctly).

NAT type 3 is Strict and basically means the Playstation cannot communicate with the Internet in at least one direction (incoming or outgoing). So packets are either not being routed out from the PS4 past the LAN or incoming packets from the Internet aren't correctly directed to devices on the LAN (specifically the PS4).

As devices move around the LAN (DHCP means assign dynamic LAN addresses due to demand) then NAT handles the rules (or uPnP opens the ports to traffic automatically).

So it's a poor terminology. But due to the poor coding in a lot of domestically available routers they don't always work as advertised. And most consoles connect via WiFi and never get properly restarted.

12 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

DMZ is the unrestricted direct to internet state. Static IP on your local network - no NAT. The external IP of your router appears to exist at your Playstation. NAT manages LAN IP ranges.

It seems the NAT types as applied to consoles are pretty meaningless. NAT 1 or Open means if your firewall is correctly configured your Playstation can't tell that you're not directly connected to the Internet (all ports are open that the Playstation connects on). 

NAT type 2 is Restricted (or Moderate) and means that your Playstation can tell that there is a firewall in place, whether or not it is set with routing rules (applied to devices) or uPnP (auto triggering of ports). That device is then tracked around the LAN via NAT (if it works correctly).

NAT type 3 is Strict and basically means the Playstation cannot communicate with the Internet in at least one direction (incoming or outgoing). So packets are either not being routed out from the PS4 past the LAN or incoming packets from the Internet aren't correctly directed to devices on the LAN (specifically the PS4).

As devices move around the LAN (DHCP means assign dynamic LAN addresses due to demand) then NAT handles the rules (or uPnP opens the ports to traffic automatically).

So it's a poor terminology. But due to the poor coding in a lot of domestically available routers they don't always work as advertised. And most consoles connect via WiFi and never get properly restarted.

my console is connected via a cable, on a gaming modem as well, i've never had any problems with online gaming, also it can't be my nat type since i've always played on type 2. I play online everyday and never had strict nat type, so it definitely has to do with the game

3 minutes ago, KuruptMAV said:

my console is connected via a cable, on a gaming modem as well, i've never had any problems with online gaming, also it can't be my nat type since i've always played on type 2. I play online everyday and never had strict nat type, so it definitely has to do with the game

I don't have a magic answer for you. The issue is with your console or the router (possibly your ISP). 

We can only make suggestions - I'm sorry if that's not what you want to hear. But if it were the game, every PS4 player would be unable to connect and that's clearly not the case. So, it's not the game.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1