Jump to content Jump to content

F5-F6 Keys not working on menu

AdonV9

1. theres not much to describe, i open the game,  i go on the menu, i can select everything else besides the top options (f5-f6), it wont let me navigate through them.
2. pc
3. 1.15
4.idk what that means
5. yes it happens all the time, it doesnt stop
6.is just there, i dont make it happen
7.ive attempted to verify integrity files through steam, launch it with both d11-d12, didnt work and i also tried using a controller which didnt work also
8. using keyboard and a controller
9.keys f5f6 just dont work on the menu theres nothing to show

• Administrator

Hi @AdonV9,

I empathise the frustration here, but I do need some more information, as I can't replicate at the moment. What troubleshooting have you tried? Its strange that your controller doesn't let you move across the menus. Can you re-install the game please and see how that goes.

On 2/3/2021 at 11:47 AM, AdonV9 said:

1. theres not much to describe, i open the game,  i go on the menu, i can select everything else besides the top options (f5-f6), it wont let me navigate through them.
2. pc
3. 1.15
4.idk what that means
5. yes it happens all the time, it doesnt stop
6.is just there, i dont make it happen
7.ive attempted to verify integrity files through steam, launch it with both d11-d12, didnt work and i also tried using a controller which didnt work also
8. using keyboard and a controller
9.keys f5f6 just dont work on the menu theres nothing to show

Thanks. Are you using a laptop? USB Keyboard? Micro / Spacesaver keyboard?

Some laptops have the F keys remapped as hotkeys (this is also possible with a keyboard that has FLock) try toggling the FLock key (or try [Fn&F5] [Fn&F6])

from there with more information we may be able to help further.

16 hours ago, AdonV9 said:

turns out it was geforce experience overlay, i had to turn it off, and whats more depressing is the fact that i figured it out my self, how is it that half of the population uses geforce experience overlay and you guys dont know about this bug..

I use AMD so I wouldn't know. But your answer is helpful for those with the same problem. Glad you got it sorted.

More's the point that it is third party software causing the issue (and this is not a bug or every Nvidia user would be reporting it). Not everyone who uses Nvidia is using the overlay or a fan of GeForce Experience. Some are not even signed in to drivers or have GFE installed as they use the Basic Display Driver packages.

Archived