Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt Rally - Motion Blur setting

Could there be a setting to turn off motion blur? It's very distracting on the tarmac courses (Germany and Rallycross) during bright daylight. My game already runs at 60 frames per second with anti-aliasing enabled, motion blur is unrealistic and especially distracting now with AI cars that are driving next to you.

Please give a setting to turn off motion blur.

It's the shader detail that controls the motion blur. So, at this moment in time, you have to lower the shader quality to get rid of motion blur.

thing is you do that it alters the image quality and looks worse. just remove option of the blur.

It's true you can set Shader Quality to Low. The game doesn't look bad at that level but an individual toggle would be nice.

Malyngo said:
+1 ("...motion blur is unrealistic..." and superfluous in a game)
Well, motion blur was the one thing that made the stop motion effects in Star Wars look much more realistic than anything before.
Motion blur adds to the realism, because it is more in line with what a camera would capture.
But maybe it is just too much in this game, I don't know-
Motion blur in video and in games ar two completely different things

first thing in any game i do if i hae the option is turn off motion blur.

i want to see with the most clarity what i am doing blurring it is not great.a option would be nice and shouldn't be that hard to add in.

Malyngo said:
Well, motion blur was the one thing that made the stop motion effects in Star Wars look much more realistic than anything before.
Motion blur adds to the realism, because it is more in line with what a camera would capture.
But maybe it is just too much in this game, I don't know-
I'm not a camera and certainly I do not sit in a spaceship that hunting with the speed of light through space. I am a person who drives a car in a game.

dgeesi0 said:
first thing in any game i do if i hae the option is turn off motion blur.
That's the first thing many friends of mine and I do too. I know this because we often compare the graphics settings.

dgeesi0 said:
i want to see with the most clarity what i am doing blurring it is not great.a option would be nice and shouldn't be that hard to add in.
That describes it exactly. One way to disable it would be good.

I agree, get rid of it. My eyes and brain can blur the game for me thanks. Let's not make unnecessary work for my graphics card.