Jump to content Jump to content

XBOX Series X issues

JMRPineda

Hi buddies, since I bought the series x, I am experiencing several issues with f1 2020,

#1. If you want to change the profile, you cannot use the in-menu option, you must exit from the game (quit) and enter with the new profile, because if you don't do it like that, when you try to enter any session, multiplayer or single player, the game crash and throws you to the console menu.

#2. Related with the previous issue, after the game crash, you launch the game from the console menu, but you get a black screen (before the start-video plays) with a loading icon, upper left, this icon freeze, and you must quit the game again, and restart the launch operation until the welcome video starts.

#3. When you send and update of the performance of the drivers/cars, if you update the previously saves, this action corrupt them, and you cannot restore or follow your game.

thanks,

stay safe

Thanks Barry, following your instructions...

Issue #1

# A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.
    When you switch from one xbox account to another using the game menu at Home/Game options/Switch user, all fine, but after that, if you try to enter to any session (single-player or multiplayer) the game crash without any error code, throwing you to the console main menu.

# Platform
    Xbox series x

# What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

# Game-mode?
    Single-player

# We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    every time I tried with this approach

# How do you make the problem happen?
    Steps to reproduce:
    Requirements:
    Atleast two xbox accounts

1. Sign in using account one
    2. Launche the game
    3. goto home/game options/switch user
    4. select account two
    5. Goto to any session, singleplayer or multiplayer
    6. the game crash

# What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue
    To fix this, the only solution I found is quit the game, sign in with the desired account, and launch the game

# What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc)
    Fanatec DD1. Steering wheel formula 1 v2 and xbox one elite

# Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   
    No

Issue #2

# A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.
    Several times, when you try to launch from scratch the game, you can get a freezed screen, before the first video. that issue is highly related with the previous on I reported before, because this issue has a lot of probabilities if the game has crashed before.

# Platform
    Xbox series x

# What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

# Game-mode?
    Any

# We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    several times in a day

# How do you make the problem happen?
    Steps to reproduce:

1. Launch the game
    2. Several times you find that you get a loading screen (black) before the presentation video, with an freezed icon in top-left of the screen

# What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue
    Quit and launch the game until the game runs

# What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc)
    Fanatec DD1. Steering wheel formula 1 v2 and xbox one elite

# Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   
    No

• Administrator

Hi @jmrpineda,

Have you got the two accounts on gameshare? Reason I ask is that you would purchase the game, and it would be assigned to one account. I'd like to suggest that this one is 'by design' here, as, from 10 years of having a Xbox, I think this is something that happens on other titles when you switch user too. (I know that FIFA for example kicks you out and sends you back to the main menu)

Thanks @BarryBL for your response,

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @jmrpineda,

Have you got the two accounts on gameshare? Reason I ask is that you would purchase the game, and it would be assigned to one account. I'd like to suggest that this one is 'by design' here, as, from 10 years of having a Xbox, I think this is something that happens on other titles when you switch user too. (I know that FIFA for example kicks you out and sends you back to the main menu)

If I understand you well,

Yes, the account one has the game and the other uses the game shared,

I don't use two accounts for other games. But, this behavior is appearing to me a lot since I bought series-x

Archived