Jump to content Jump to content

Sacrifice realism for high speed fun!

Like many You Tube reviewers of rally games, my big problem with all rally games, including my Dirt Rally 2 game, is the

evil narrowness of the roads - meaning the game is a chore, requiring fanatic steering accuracy. The slightest steer left or

right puts you in a deep ditch or hitting rocks and fences. That means I have never been able to relax in the game, or build up a fun rate

of high speed like I can in Forza etc. races. My suggestion for a future rally game is, widen all roads by several generous feet. Yes, the reality of

real world narrow rally paths will be sacrificed. But the wider-roads game would be about five times faster, more fun, less like the tedious work

of existing rally games. Call it Rally High Rev, and watch sales far exceed those of previous slow, strict, tedious  rally games.

• Disagree 3

Heh, sales would tank if Codemasters did that. Perhaps Dirt 5 is more up your alley?

Stages in DR2 are plenty wide. Stages like Poland and Finland are like 90% flat out.

Codemasters cant just make the roads more wider because they are all laser scanned. Would you make nordeshlife more wider? Dirt Rally is a simulation! You would be laughed at. Or why dont they just add both? Find locations for the game that are wider and more narrower then DR 1 & 2. It brings in noobs and lets them gradually adjust and it gives vets something tougher to chew on too.

On 2/5/2021 at 5:53 PM, Gregow said:

Heh, sales would tank if Codemasters did that. Perhaps Dirt 5 is more up your alley?

Stages in DR2 are plenty wide. Stages like Poland and Finland are like 90% flat out.

Btw how are the sales for GRID(2019) and Project Cars 3 coming along? Not so great I bet. I wonder what happened lol. 

You could always park up for a while and have a rest. Do you seriously think that a game about WRC type sport is supposed to be easy , have you seen the drivers faces covered in sweat and beetroot red after they finish a stage in real life , its a physically punishing drive in real life in certain conditions why would a game that is simulating the conditions they drive in be any different, you should have to be working hard at the wheel in the game and  if its too much effort to do it then perhaps you should find something less of a bother. I understand that boys just want to have fun but there are numerous fun driving games that don't require  too much skill, have you tried Sega Rally , that would suit your needs more or the Rally tracks in GT Sport are wide and the cars handle in an arcade style where abit of casual gaming can be enjoyed and then serious Rally fans can be left in peace to enjoy a challenge.

Is'nt V Rally an arcade rally game, maybe that would be more like the kind of Rally game you would like.

Edited by Exasperated