No longer enjoying F1 2020

I'm still enjoying it but I'm only in 2nd season of MyTeam. The main issue I have is STILL the lack of safety car. I just witnessed Vettel crashing on the long straight in Hanoi losing both front wheels, only VSC. Few laps later, Hamilton parks on the run-off after that straight, nothing. I think I only had 1 full SC in season 1 but it's been a long time, I'm not even sure anymore. AI and practice programmes aren't well balanced from track to track either. Other than that I'm enjoying it. 

On 2/13/2021 at 5:21 PM, BelgiumDude said:

But what will you get in 2022 you think? Don't agree about the podium pass. I do agree you should be able to opt out of it. It's not well implemented that it keeps popping up even when you finished the pass. I don't like the content either but the idea behind the podium pass is good. It's perfect for MyTeam with all the liveries and suits. The problem is that the liveries and suits are mostly outlandish and don't match F1 very well.

I'm very curious for the EA version. Will it be lootboxes with drivers where you will need to spend 250 real euros before you can have Verstappen or Hamilton in your team? €350 te get a competitive car? I'm glad the DLC is pure cosmetic. You can play the game without having to buy DLC

I fully expect F1 2021 will get a lot more aggressive with the panhandling.. and that’ll be my main reason for skipping it. 

I’m not against DLC, but the excessive panhandling is just gross. “Treat yourself in the store..”. that’s so obnoxious. I bought the game at full price... leave me alone man, I don’t need to see that **** ALL the time!! 🤬

And I’m not even mentioning the fact that the items are all ugly, childish and have absolutely nothing to do with F1 whatsoever. 

I recently bought Ride 4 with the € 40 season pass, which gives you extra tracks, bikes and races.. and I really like it. If Codemasters offered a similar DLC package for F1, I buy it immediately. Because it actually ads value to the game. They did with Grid and Dirt 5, so I don’t really get why the F1 games are getting the lazy Fortnite-type DLC treatment.

With EA it can go either way. They’ve published a few well received games, without any microtransactions, like Jedi: Fallen Order and NFS: Heat. But they’ll probably go the Fifa route instead.

It’s too bad current F1 games have become such an obvious cash cow, instead of a passion project made by developers who actually like the sport. 

I'm halfway through my 2017 career mode and it is clear that Codemasters haven't bothered recording any new Jeff lines for years now. 

I honestly can't recommend 2017 enough to anyone out there sick of 2020. It is fantastic. 

Edited by USPBauer24
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, USPBauer24 said:

I'm halfway through my 2017 career mode and it is clear that Codemasters haven't bothered recording any new Jeff lines for gyears now. 

I honestly can't recommend 2017 enough to anyone out there sick of 2020. It is fantastic. 

Have dug this back out as well recently and am really enjoying it. I never know if it's just in my head or not but the races against the AI seem far livelier. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, USPBauer24 said:

Thanks, installing it right now. Maybe I can enjoy some frustration-free racing again. 

• Agree 1

On 2/13/2021 at 5:21 PM, BelgiumDude said:

But what will you get in 2022 you think? Don't agree about the podium pass. I do agree you should be able to opt out of it. It's not well implemented that it keeps popping up even when you finished the pass. I don't like the content either but the idea behind the podium pass is good. It's perfect for MyTeam with all the liveries and suits. The problem is that the liveries and suits are mostly outlandish and don't match F1 very well.

I'm very curious for the EA version. Will it be lootboxes with drivers where you will need to spend 250 real euros before you can have Verstappen or Hamilton in your team? €350 te get a competitive car? I'm glad the DLC is pure cosmetic. You can play the game without having to buy DLC

I don’t mind the DLC, I’m against the constant panhandling. Opting out, would be enough for me. Better DLC (cars & tracks) would be better. 

Lootboxes etc. would destroy what’s left of the game. But then again, with how things look now, I won’t get it anyway. 

If you want a challenge, race online in leagues.

I completely understand being bored by the offline modes, there's no challenge and it's very repetitive. Once you've done a few seasons in career or myteam you'll be bored to death.