No longer enjoying F1 2020

I play F1 every year. No assists. Full career mode. Fanatec wheel. I take it seriously. 

I normally pour hours and hours into each year's game. 

With 2020, however, I have found myself not enjoying it.

There are many reasons (these are my personal reasons and I appreciate not everyone will agree):

• lack of safety car
  • impossible practice programmes
  • overpowered AI qualifying times
  • floaty feeling car with unpredictable and inconsistent throttle response
  • incorrect weather forecasts
  • AI ramming you
  • Hanoi
  • AI overpowered during wet weather crossover period

I could go on. Again - people will disagree and that is okay - but my lack of enjoyment of this year's game has led me to look back at the previous year's instalments. 

I have downloaded F1 2017 and OH MY GOODNESS - it is FANTASTIC! 

• The cars feel real. They feel weighty and powerful. You really have to drive them and work them hard to get round the track. 
  • The AI seem to have a brain. They move to defend and pull along side you rather than ramming into the back of you. 
  • I drive in cockpit view and you can see the wing mirrors without distorting the field of view.
  • Down-shifting has a real power behind it - there is a sense of the mechanics  slowing the car down

I wanted to make this post to maybe help anyone who, like me, have not enjoyed this year's game. Give an older version a try. 

• Agree 3

F1 2017 single player career is excellent, I keep it on the hard drive for that alone. I love all the different locations and that in between each race actually feels different, it reminds me of those season recap shows I really enjoy it. I think the only other one to do that was the almost free roam paddock area one on the PS3, I forget the year, 2011 perhaps. 

A lot of that character is gone from the newer versions, replaced by the R&D stuff etc. but I don't believe it adds all that much to the game and I rarely play through the single player now. It's the same screens between races, same location, gets a bit dull. MyTeam this year livened that up of course but my favourite play will always be as a solo driver in the game world. 

Handling wise I thought 2019 nailed it, had to be torn away from that game haha, in the end just new tracks and online lobbies brought me to 2020. 

1 hour ago, USPBauer24 said:

I play F1 every year. No assists. Full career mode. Fanatec wheel. I take it seriously. 

I normally pour hours and hours into each year's game. 

With 2020, however, I have found myself not enjoying it.

There are many reasons (these are my personal reasons and I appreciate not everyone will agree):

• lack of safety car
  • impossible practice programmes
  • overpowered AI qualifying times
  • floaty feeling car with unpredictable and inconsistent throttle response
  • incorrect weather forecasts
  • AI ramming you
  • Hanoi
  • AI overpowered during wet weather crossover period

I could go on. Again - people will disagree and that is okay - but my lack of enjoyment of this year's game has led me to look back at the previous year's instalments. 

I have downloaded F1 2017 and OH MY GOODNESS - it is FANTASTIC! 

• The cars feel real. They feel weighty and powerful. You really have to drive them and work them hard to get round the track. 
  • The AI seem to have a brain. They move to defend and pull along side you rather than ramming into the back of you. 
  • I drive in cockpit view and you can see the wing mirrors without distorting the field of view.
  • Down-shifting has a real power behind it - there is a sense of the mechanics  slowing the car down

I wanted to make this post to maybe help anyone who, like me, have not enjoyed this year's game. Give an older version a try. 

Some one else on here said that they could not get the car feeling right on a Fanatic Wheel base which being that it is the one promoted in the game and endorsed by F1 I would have thought that it was the wheel that would give the best results and that the default settings for the wheel would be for that wheelbase in particular ,but obviously not , I have all the F1 games and can say that none of them have had a good driving feeling using default settings which give the impression that something isn't working properly but I can say after hours and hours of messing about with both the FFB and the Calibration settings I have always ended up with the car driving excellently and the FFB giving detailed information ,but like I said it was a lot of work getting there.

If you have the money you should try a T300RS and see how you get on with that because I have good results in all driving games on it after putting in the time with settings . I had a Fanatic CSR wheel that was supposed to be all singing all dancing back in the days of Frza 4 and I thought it was useless the MS wireless wheel was and still is miles better after fitting a metal bearing on the shaft to replace the plastic bushing it had . I'm not convinced that Fanatic wheelbases are as good as they are made out to be taking into account how much extra they  cost to buy and think that it has more to do with them having more torque going through the wheel because of the more powerful motors rather than the actual feedback detailing capabilities , it is quite obvious from playing the different driving titles available that the games FFB output signals are massively important to what happens at your wheel  The best Feedback effects that give a realistic driving feel that I ever experienced come from the combination of the MS wireless wheel and the  Fza 4 game and that game has never been described as a simulation and that wheel is considered to be a joke more I think by its looks than its performance ,its a real hoot matched with Dirt 3 complete edition

What I am saying is that all the games have potential to be great but unfortunately its very rare you find that potential very easily in my experience

I've been finding myself in the same boat, slowly becoming more and more disillusioned with F1 2020 for the past couple of months.

Since November, I've felt a difference in the physics that appears to have drifted back towards F1 2019 performance - rear wheel spin, throttle all over the place coming out of slow corners, car feeling floaty and drifty - identical to F1 2019 -  and none of the planted, weighty, grippy, high downforce feel that I experienced in the very early days during release (I play with a controller by the way).

I'd already posted about this a while back and was told that my control settings needed resetting, that it was a bug. Cleared my save as instructed, uninstalled, deleted any remains, redownloaded the game - no difference. I could only take from this that something must have changed with the physics despite being told this was not the case.

The crazy thing is, after reading this thread, I decided to redownload F1 2017 and F1 2018, and on playing F1 2018, I felt that weighty, planted feel again. It felt FANTASTIC. This was how F1 2020 felt in the early days. Something must have changed with one of the patches, I can't see how else this could have happened.

On playing 2017, I saw mistakes from the AI and the ability to overtake the safety car, something that the devs don't appear to want to fix. That downshift jolt force feedback, as mentioned by the OP, is great too.

A whole bunch of things in general could be so much better, all things that are supposed to have made this version the best ever, instead the game has felt thinner as time has gone on, either have become worse or just not turned out to be what they should have been.

• The apparent reversal in the physics back towards F1 2019 unpleasantness
  • Lack of AI spins, lockups and mistakes (a repetitive and predictable AI wiggle is nowhere near enough, it was said to have been more than this but a little wiggle from the guy in front is all I've ever had, no crashes or spins, I don't even get performance affecting lockups - lockups happen but they don't make a difference in their line through the corner, like it hasn't happened and I can't take advantage of it)
  • F2 performance - note: "PERFORMANCE", NOT "WHICH ACADEMY YOU CHOOSE" - not having an effect on the start of your career despite the game explicitly saying it in multiple places - including a voiceover - that it does (a sense that something changed last minute and being told by the devs it was "by design" still annoys me - clearly it wasn't)
  • Driver transfers not occurring
  • Driver performance data not actually reflecting real life (Bottas constantly getting on pole by 0.500 and winning, Hamilton finishing 3rd and 4th. Ferrari being better than they were IRL, devs had the opportunity to correct this but did a weak job of it)

Things that stick right out when you actually play it. I can't believe for a moment that the devs play this in their spare time and don't notice these issues.

It feels like the focus has shifted towards shallow stuff like eSports and Pitcoins, childish rubbish like emotes and poses, and that things that should have been worked on have been put aside. Yes, I know there are different teams that work on different things, but like I said, the focus is on the wrong things.

F1 2020, for me, started out as a really nice glass of orange squash that has gradually had more and more water poured into it.

Edited by s00zster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 6

We’ll see what a small chance of one update. Personal I can’t see it but might be wrong. 

I know things are different this year but chances are that the cycle will start all over again soon. The teases, the closed beta, the hype. Ready for a late summer release and then 15 patches later complete silence. 

I’ve enjoyed this one a lot more than previous versions, but those stupid pitcoins and XP isn’t F1. This is a bandwagon and it was clear when it appeared in that first survey it was going to happen. 

Yes I appreciate they are limited with money and resources but the points above are right. Although I saw 3 crashes at Hanoi last week which was the first time in quite a while I saw a crash and SC. 

Series as a whole has gone backwards and the radio silence is classic yet again. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, tarrantino said:

We’ll see what a small chance of one update. Personal I can’t see it but might be wrong. 

I know things are different this year but chances are that the cycle will start all over again soon. The teases, the closed beta, the hype. Ready for a late summer release and then 15 patches later complete silence. 

I’ve enjoyed this one a lot more than previous versions, but those stupid pitcoins and XP isn’t F1. This is a bandwagon and it was clear when it appeared in that first survey it was going to happen. 

Yes I appreciate they are limited with money and resources but the points above are right. Although I saw 3 crashes at Hanoi last week which was the first time in quite a while I saw a crash and SC. 

Series as a whole has gone backwards and the radio silence is classic yet again. 

Yeah, I can't see them improving any of the points I made unfortunately. Definitely won't be pre-ordering 2021 this time, just don't like the way the series is headed at all.

And you're right - it's a bandwagon. The whole story mode in 2019 felt like they were trying to copy FIFA "The Journey" mode and even then it was half-baked, then the whole Podium Pass thing is trying to copy games like Fortnite. It's a teenage cash-grab. You start to realise the demographic Codemasters have started to aim for. The whole eSports hype thing, pitcoins, emotes, it just comes off utterly shallow and completely against what a Formula 1 game should be. Cutting edge engineering, physics, drama, danger - not prancing onto the podium to perform a spot of linedancing.

I hate to rant, I never meant to rant. I was originally just going to mention how great F1 2018 felt when I went back to it, but then I realised there were other things that are being ignored and the realisation that I started to seriously dislike the direction the game is heading.

Also, I understand there's a structure to bug reporting having myself been a beta tester for several games, but there are people reporting bugs, perhaps not in the correct format but clearly enough for a dev to use a bit of common sense that it could've been logged and fixed just by asking "what platform are you on?" rather than "we won't accept that until you retype the whole thing in this exact format" and by that time the person who's reported the bug is probably so frustrated by what they've just experienced in the game that they just can't be bothered. And that partly might be indirectly down to the demographic they've aimed the game towards, ironically.

Or worse still, ignored completely. I've seen people put a ton of effort into their reports and months later, no answer at all. There needs to be more mods to deal with stuff like this. Too much is getting missed or pushed away due to being perhaps overly rigid and not enough staff.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, s00zster said:

Yeah, I can't see them improving any of the points I made unfortunately. Definitely won't be pre-ordering 2021 this time, just don't like the way the series is headed at all.

And you're right - it's a bandwagon. The whole story mode in 2019 felt like they were trying to copy FIFA "The Journey" mode and even then it was half-baked, then the whole Podium Pass thing is trying to copy games like Fortnite. It's a teenage cash-grab. You start to realise the demographic Codemasters have started to aim for. The whole eSports hype thing, pitcoins, emotes, it just comes off utterly shallow and completely against what a Formula 1 game should be. Cutting edge engineering, physics, drama, danger - not prancing onto the podium to perform a spot of linedancing.

I hate to rant, I never meant to rant. I was originally just going to mention how great F1 2018 felt when I went back to it, but then I realised there were other things that are being ignored and the realisation that I started to seriously dislike the direction the game is heading.

Also, I understand there's a structure to bug reporting having myself been a beta tester for several games, but there are people reporting bugs, perhaps not in the correct format but clearly enough for a dev to use a bit of common sense that it could've been logged and fixed just by asking "what platform are you on?" rather than "we won't accept that until you retype the whole thing in this exact format" and by that time the person who's reported the bug is probably so frustrated by what they've just experienced in the game that they just can't be bothered. And that partly might be indirectly down to the demographic they've aimed the game towards, ironically.

Or worse still, ignored completely. I've seen people put a ton of effort into their reports and months later, no answer at all. There needs to be more mods to deal with stuff like this. Too much is getting missed or pushed away due to being perhaps overly rigid and not enough staff.

Yes absolutely. Cricket 19 being totally different. Not ever their official forum and they take the comments and get patches out specific to the problems. 

I find that there are some fundamental problems with gaming today. Firstly the ability to patch I think is a huge problem. It almost postpones the problem until later down the line. It doesn’t encourage the studios to put out a top game from the off. Also the youtubers are a waste of time. They’re never going to say a bad thing form the off. Too many watch their videos and buy into the hype. They won’t say a bad word as it’s more money for them getting the game early each year. 

I know CM need to appeal to as many as possible, but the Fortnite stuff is just pathetic. 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, tarrantino said:

Yes absolutely. Cricket 19 being totally different. Not ever their official forum and they take the comments and get patches out specific to the problems. 

I find that there are some fundamental problems with gaming today. Firstly the ability to patch I think is a huge problem. It almost postpones the problem until later down the line. It doesn’t encourage the studios to put out a top game from the off. Also the youtubers are a waste of time. They’re never going to say a bad thing form the off. Too many watch their videos and buy into the hype. They won’t say a bad word as it’s more money for them getting the game early each year. 

I know CM need to appeal to as many as possible, but the Fortnite stuff is just pathetic. 

You've hit the nail on the head - Youtubers. They've more or less influenced the marketing direction due to their following and resulted in the target audience the game has become aimed at. I wonder how many buy the game just because their favourite streamer is playing it, rather than having a serious interest in the world of F1.

That said, there's nothing wrong with streamers promoting the game prior to release, most developers rely on that nowadays, but when the social media accounts continue to promote and celebrate those streamers for cool points, that's when it becomes difficult to disassociate with that demographic and worst still, when they begin to target it within the game with cheap tat.

Going back to older versions, another thing I've noticed - contract offers. The last game we got proper contract offers - i.e. having teams actively approach you - was F1 2017. F1 2018 onwards has the unrealistic way of just choosing whoever you want and it doesn't matter. The 2017 method was incidentally how I imagined F2 > F1 progression.

I'm assuming there's been no change in F1 2020 with contract negotiations in Driver Career. It says something about teams bidding for you, which sounded exciting but I've not got far enough into the game to see it happen and I've not seen any footage of it either because everyone's concentrating on MyTeam.

I'm happy that someone else has enjoyed a play on the older games. I have been completing a new 2017 career mode and have downloaded 2018 ready to go for the next season.

I've had such great battles with the AI; watched the AI make errors and had safety cars! (shock!).

The most important aspect has been the feeling of the car: I feel like it is actually on a road and it has weight to it. Shifting down gears into a corner is so satisfying! There's a real growl to the mechanics. 

I am glad someone else has mentioned the floaty feeling to the 2020 cars and the unpredictable throttle - I thought it was me and my setup and equipment.

• Like 1

I'm really enjoying F1 2020. With every iteration until now I was excited at first and after a few weeks it would get shelved only to return when the real season has ended a few weeks and I get F1 fever. But I always have this Rosberg feeling where one title was enough. This time is different. The game got some much needed changes to My Team customization I felt it necessary to get the constructors title as well. I like this addition more than previous edition. I don't know how a real a F1 car feels so I'm glad with how mine has developed so far. 

6 hours ago, USPBauer24 said:

The most important aspect has been the feeling of the car: I feel like it is actually on a road and it has weight to it. Shifting down gears into a corner is so satisfying! There's a real growl to the mechanics.

This is how F1 2020 felt when it first came out, it felt great. Felt you were driving, even with a controller. As I mentioned earlier, I revisited both 2017 and 2018 yesterday and felt this even more with 2018. I couldn't remember that the physics were this good in 2018 because I'd only played about a quarter of the hours I normally would due to being without a PC for 4 or 5 months in 2019. I do remember, though, that the one save I had on it, albeit just 7 races, was really enjoyable.

Having said that, I seem to remember 2018 having safety car issues, so like you, I'll start a career on 2017 first.

Or, I could even go back to 2016. Or 2014, or 2012. I might just revisit all of them! :classic_biggrin:

8 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

I'm really enjoying F1 2020. With every iteration until now I was excited at first and after a few weeks it would get shelved only to return when the real season has ended a few weeks and I get F1 fever. But I always have this Rosberg feeling where one title was enough. This time is different. The game got some much needed changes to My Team customization I felt it necessary to get the constructors title as well. I like this addition more than previous edition. I don't know how a real a F1 car feels so I'm glad with how mine has developed so far. 

I mean, obviously I don't know what a real F1 car feels like, it's just about the satisfying feeling of being able to push the car through the corners, having that planted feeling through the controller due to downforce, grip and traction, something that was missing in F1 2019, then Codies overhauled the physics for F1 2020's release but now seems to have gone missing for me a couple of months ago.

I'll probably end up going back to it sooner rather than later, I'll end up missing the smaller details, latest drivers and the possibility of a transfer occurring. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

George Russell, won Esports F12020 Silverstone GP on Sunday, commented after the race that F1 2020 physics was so much improved over F1 2019.  He thought it was good - "much more realistic".  Perhaps he should know??

1m24.15 onwards at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_x53maksf4

1 hour ago, Pin6all_Wizard said:

George Russell, won Esports F12020 Silverstone GP on Sunday, commented after the race that F1 2020 physics was so much improved over F1 2019.  He thought it was good - "much more realistic".  Perhaps he should know??

1m24.15 onwards at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_x53maksf4

I think George will have a very good insight and respectable view on the 2020 game due to his real life experience. I think he compares 2020 to last year's game whereas a lot of the discussion in this thread has focused on 2017 and 2018. He suggests it is much more 'realistic' but doesn't seem to elaborate on what he means by that so we can't be sure if he means the handling model or not. I fear he may be being positive simply as he is in an interview situation which is being played on Sky Sports and would probably want to avoid saying anything negative about the game.

All that being said, as my first post highlighted, not everyone is going to agree which is the beauty of discussions and opinions. I'm not sure I'm going to change my opinion due to George Russell's interview but I am happy that there is an F1 game out there for everyone.

3 hours ago, Pin6all_Wizard said:

I'm going to assume this is aimed at me and unfortunately I'm going to have to repeat myself.

I have repeatedly said in my posts in this thread that F1 2020's physics have vastly improved over F1 2019 since release (stated this multiple times when the game was released, absolutely loved it) but I've recently developed an issue with grip, traction and throttle that's come about in the past couple of months, making the game feel like F1 2019 again and I can't figure out why this has happened. I thought it might've come about in a patch and was told it hasn't, so I'm stumped as to why I'm getting this. This isn't some "wahh the physics are ****" whine, it's an issue that I can't seem to fix.

Not everyone is getting this, the OP seems to have been getting it though. It's like the safety car issue, there are lots of people not getting safety cars but I myself have had them every other race and that's not an exaggeration, I've even started consistently getting them on 25% races which is great. Safety cars work perfectly fine for me. It's like something just isn't clicking correctly with the game, sometimes things work, sometimes they don't.

Also, you say this like I don't know who George Russell is and that I'm ignorant of the fact that he should know what he's talking about. Come on, there's no need for that.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, s00zster said:

I'm going to assume this is aimed at me and unfortunately I'm going to have to repeat myself.

I have repeatedly said in my posts in this thread that F1 2020's physics have vastly improved over F1 2019 since release (stated this multiple times when the game was released, absolutely loved it) but I've recently developed an issue with grip, traction and throttle that's come about in the past couple of months, making the game feel like F1 2019 again and I can't figure out why this has happened. I thought it might've come about in a patch and was told it hasn't, so I'm stumped as to why I'm getting this. This isn't some "wahh the physics are ****" whine, it's an issue that I can't seem to fix.

Not everyone is getting this, the OP seems to have been getting it though. It's like the safety car issue, there are lots of people not getting safety cars but I myself have had them every other race and that's not an exaggeration, I've even started consistently getting them on 25% races which is great. Safety cars work perfectly fine for me. It's like something just isn't clicking correctly with the game, sometimes things work, sometimes they don't.

Also, you say this like I don't know who George Russell is and that I'm ignorant of the fact that he should know what he's talking about. Come on, there's no need for that.

Something has gone wrong somewhere. Its like f1 2019 has combined with f1 2020 so we have some sort of hybrid! 

Even basic stuff has disappeared, f12020 was originally released with alot of audio names for the driver.....a patch made them all disappear and the list is now the same as f1 2019 (well it was last time I checked, f1 2020 did have "Ashley", thats gone and no I'm back to using "the captain"). I know that it is trivial but if something basic like that has happened with 2019 creeping in to 2020 then anything else could have done. 

• Agree 1

So, I too have been frustrated with the lack of traction coming out of low speed corners, but I can't compare it to when 2020 first came out since I only recently changed to using no traction control at all. I first started playing this game with 2019. So are you guys saying I should buy and try 2017 and the car will feel more realistic?

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, DavidCopperTop said:

So, I too have been frustrated with the lack of traction coming out of low speed corners, but I can't compare it to when 2020 first came out since I only recently changed to using no traction control at all. I first started playing this game with 2019. So are you guys saying I should buy and try 2017 and the car will feel more realistic?

I typically only used traction control for F2 but I've had to put it back on in F1 for this game. I consider myself a sim-leaning player but if I'm paranoid about putting the. pedal down out of corners in an F1 game then I'm not having fun tbh.

Don't have 20 or 19 for that matter. I gave up at 18, and to be honest that game was left as a buggy mess at the end of development. I am also a sim orientated player and the F1 games leave a lot to be desired in that respect. I hold little hope that things will change. The new direction towards micro-transactions is a real turn off, and I have to agree with comments on this thread that the focus is now in the wrong place. However aside from the above negatives it is the best simulation of F1 as a sport available, though sadly as an F1 fan, it is not a game for me. Perhaps one day there will be a F1 game with sim physics, all I can do is wait and hope. Meantime I stick to AMS 1/2 and RFactor2 to scratch the F1 itch, they maybe unlicensed but the handling and physics are far superior to what is found in the codemasters games.

I do wonder why folk expect more from codemasters, their history of buggy games and listening to the community is plain for all to see.

Edited by ChasteWand

I am sim everything. Going back it started with flight sims for over 10 years starting in 1995. Got into iRacing but am not at all interested in online racing anymore. I hate it but don't have time to explain 

Are there any games with F1 cars that have an offline campaign of some kind? Do the games you just mentioned have one?

Project Cars 2 and the First Assetto Corsa had some good F1 style cars. I think the Assetto Corsa game had the 2017 Ferrari as DLC. 

On 2/9/2021 at 12:04 PM, tarrantino said:

Definitely! The stupid dances in weird kiddie pyama’s are ridiculous.

I’ve been frustrated with the XP, Podium Pass, Pit Coin situation from the start. 

The worst thing is that you can’t ignore it, or opt out. After every training session, qualifying or race, you’ll get the podium pass and items shoved under your nose. 
And now, with the latest patch, a pop up item store window when starting the game. 

I’ve paid € 80 for a premium game, not some mobile free to play app. This kills the game for me, far more than all the other complaints frequently read on this forum  

I’m not against DLC, in fact, I welcome it. But it has to be something substantial, like cars, tracks, challenges, etc. Not this Podium Pass nonsense.

The vibe I get from Codemasters is that they’re lazy, greedy and do not care about the sport, or their customers at all. 

Just curious, are you still getting F1 2021?

Edited by StanleyGoodspeed
  • Agree 5

14 hours ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

I’ve been frustrated with the XP, Podium Pass, Pit Coin situation from the start. 

The worst thing is that you can’t ignore it, or opt out. After every training session, qualifying or race, you’ll get the podium pass and items shoved under your nose. 
And now, with the latest patch, a pop up item store window when starting the game. 

I’ve paid € 80 for a premium game, not some mobile free to play app. This kills the game for me, far more than all the other complaints frequently read on this forum  

I’m not against DLC, in fact, I welcome it. But it has to be something substantial, like cars, tracks, challenges, etc. Not this Podium Pass nonsense.

The vibe I get from Codemasters is that they’re lazy, greedy and do not care about the sport, or their customers at all. 

No I won’t be getting 2021. I don’t tend to get every year as it gets repetitive and only got 2020 due to MyTeam as my 18 save was going well. 

On 2/11/2021 at 11:44 PM, StanleyGoodspeed said:

But what will you get in 2022 you think? Don't agree about the podium pass. I do agree you should be able to opt out of it. It's not well implemented that it keeps popping up even when you finished the pass. I don't like the content either but the idea behind the podium pass is good. It's perfect for MyTeam with all the liveries and suits. The problem is that the liveries and suits are mostly outlandish and don't match F1 very well.

I'm very curious for the EA version. Will it be lootboxes with drivers where you will need to spend 250 real euros before you can have Verstappen or Hamilton in your team? €350 te get a competitive car? I'm glad the DLC is pure cosmetic. You can play the game without having to buy DLC

44 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

I'm very curious for the EA version. Will it be lootboxes with drivers where you will need to spend 250 real euros before you can have Verstappen or Hamilton in your team? €350 te get a competitive car? I'm glad the DLC is pure cosmetic. You can play the game without having to buy DLC

Interesting point, though I'd argue that MyTeam, while named like an EA online feature, is closer to a career mode in design, so we may not see many (and this is EA, we may not see ANY) changes. 

Having played some of EA's UFC 4 though, and seeing the direction of those titles, expect far more insanity when it comes to suits and liveries than we have now, lion heads, crowns and other stupidity are surely already on the way, In some ways I welcome it, as outlandish as the suits may be, they add little to online and still come across quite bland and boring. All faces are pretty generic for example and once you've seen one garish colour mix, you've seen them all. It lacks any real surprise or character, silly or not.