DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

does it exist a DVD PC version of Dirt rally 2.0?

hello guys,
as for Richard Burns Rally (or any sim title available for PC), I was looking for a PC DVD version of Dirt rally 2.0 as I already own and play the digital version....so not just a box with a coupon inside for the STEAM version.

I found this https://www.gamestop.it/PC/Games/112740/dirt-rally-2-0-dayone-edition but it's pretty difficult to understand if you can just use the DVD to install and play the game if you need STEAM as well or other caveats....

So....does it exist a DVD PC version?

Thanks in advance 🙂

There was a DVD PC release.  You will still need Steam to install that data and then to download the updates.  I am not sure where will still have it in stock, we do not tend to do high numbers of it after post release.

18 hours ago, CMMcBabe said:

There was a DVD PC release.  You will still need Steam to install that data and then to download the updates.  I am not sure where will still have it in stock, we do not tend to do high numbers of it after post release.

ok, thanks for the clarification. so basically the cd version comes with a portion of the game and then you have to download the rest via STEAM, correct?

7 minutes ago, albim75 said:

ok, thanks for the clarification. so basically the cd version comes with a portion of the game and then you have to download the rest via STEAM, correct?

It basically includes a Steam Key and 4-8 DVDs which you can use to install the base game. Then you need to download the updates and DLCs (if using Day One edition) through Steam 🙂

Basically you need to download the DLCs even if you don't own them I believe, and those DLCs have to be installed through the internet as the DVDs were released before the DLCs.

19 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Basically you need to download the DLCs even if you don't own them I believe, and those DLCs have to be installed through the internet as the DVDs were released before the DLCs.

Correct.

Everybody needs to have all the files even if they don't own the DLC. This facilitates key things in both single and multiplayer.

11 minutes ago, UP100 said:

It basically includes a Steam Key and 4-8 DVDs which you can use to install the base game. Then you need to download the updates and DLCs (if using Day One edition) through Steam 🙂

ok, I'm quite confused (my bad..)

So how does it work...

1- I start the installation of the game via the 4-8 DVDs (so basically the base game)

2-after the installation I use the STEAM key so I can download the updates and DLCs

But is it possible to play the game offline without STEAM? I know that without a connection to Steam I cannot play the career mode and the daily challenges (i play them with the digital version that I own on Steam) But with the disk version I'm looking for the offline experience and for something that It will last forever without the online dependancy.

8 minutes ago, albim75 said:

ok, I'm quite confused (my bad..)

So how does it work...

1- I start the installation of the game via the 4-8 DVDs (so basically the base game)

2-after the installation I use the STEAM key so I can download the updates and DLCs

But is it possible to play the game offline without STEAM? I know that without a connection to Steam I cannot play the career mode and the daily challenges (i play them with the digital version that I own on Steam) But with the disk version I'm looking for the offline experience and for something that It will last forever without the online dependancy.

Sorry, had forgotten the message you started the thread with when I wrote my previous comment!

Sadly playing the game without steam is impossible. Even the DVD installation will be done through Steam as far as I can remember. Basically you insert the DVD, Steam will prompt and ask for the CD key and will then start installing the files from the disc

1 minute ago, UP100 said:

Sadly playing the game without steam is impossible. Even the DVD installation will be done through Steam as far as I can remember. Basically you insert the DVD, Steam will prompt and ask for the CD key and will then start installing the files from the disc.

ok, so no chance for an offline PC version of dirt rally 2.0 without STEAM.

Thanks a lot for your help!

I will buy the complete edition for PS4 and then try to play it via emulator on PC