Jump to content Jump to content

RaceNet Beta (DiRT Rally Stat Tracking Website) • Now in Beta

klwalt

Go to solution Solved by PJTierney,

It could also be some sort of fishing. Making a fake header and sender information nowadays is very easy.

I advice you to change your Steam password (or whatever you used to log-in) ASAP.

Modern internet is not a safe place. Be Safe!

11 hours ago, klwalt said:

I received an email inviting me to join the RaceNet Beta results thing. When I try to follow the instructions and login I get a brief greyed out screen of the app but then it flashes to a full screen saying Yellow alert. Looks like you are unauthorized to enter this area. I have tried. On my different computers each time the same result. I have checked that I am using correct addresses etc. Shame sounds like this app/addon is a great idea and needs to be on all Sim Games.

Happened to me too... Let's just wait and see what is comming... 

• Social Media & Community Team

Just heard back from RaceNet team.

If anyone is having trouble accessing, or would like to join the RaceNet beta, use this form.

Note: It currently only contains stats for DiRT Rally (1) and is still in development but if you join then it'll help them out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

And now i feel left out 😉

Chuck your deets in the link 🙂 

I'm not managing this but I've known about it for a while and I'm sure any data they get will be helpful.

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to RaceNet Beta (DiRT Rally Stat Tracking Website).
  • The topic was pinned
  • 2 weeks later...

I would be very keen to join this beta. 

I have posted in the past my opinions on racenet improvements, and run several clubs with 100+ regular members. and probably about 500+ racenet friends in order to control invites to the various leagues

Here's my previous post on the matter: 

This beta is made for me. But sadly I am only just aware of it. How do I get in on the fun? I've just completed the form above.

Edited by Beefcote852
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

@Beefcote852 Still ridiculous amount of dedication what you do there with your leagues.
I follow your website with all these leaderboard entries since a while and don't wanna even think how much time that takes to make.

I hope that Codemasters will make things easier for you in the future.
There is probably no hope for DR2.0 for that matter I believe, though.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Beefcote852 said:

This beta is made for me. But sadly I am only just aware of it. How do I get in on the fun? I've just completed the form above.

The form is enough for now. RaceNet team are slowly opening it up to more players as they make progress.

14 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

It's Racenet they're testing, not clubs, clubs just uses racenet.

Yup, RaceNet is more than just the name of the game's online service. It's essentially a whole platform across all games, gathering player stats and displaying them in interesting ways. If anyone remembers C.R.E.S.T that was powered by RaceNet.

17 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

It's Racenet they're testing, not clubs, clubs just uses racenet.

If it's to do with stage time records, then I also have been opinionated on this in the past, and the lack of an easy access leaderboards section accessible in-game. I can't find the thread now, it appears it may be too old. But essentially, I created this as an idea...

leaderboards.thumb.png.660dfd41cb4f69d33f7ba74e61dd2a8b.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, p622r said:

I have requested access twice.

Why I can't sign in?

Requesting doesn't guarantee access.

The RaceNet team will accept more players as they expand the beta, add features and seek to gather more data.

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2021 at 9:55 PM, p622r said:

What do I have to do to get it?

Wait.

It's been a while since I got an update, but last I checked the most recent phase of development focused on getting in more players from DIRT 5.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to RaceNet Beta (DiRT Rally Stat Tracking Website) • Now in Beta
  • 2 months later...

Question regarding this new racenet site. To log in to the new racenet site, you use a EA Sports username and password. That's fine, I have an account from many years ago. Once in you can click to view "friends". I have none. However in reality on my old Racenet account through Codemasters I had about 100+... Should I be expecting all the friends from the old friend list on the DR2.0 site to appear here?

Could this be because:

None of the previous friends from Codemasters Racenet have signed up to the new EA Sports Racenet (Very unlikely)

My email address is different for my EA Sports account and my Codemasters account

Either way, it seems in some way that the old codemasters Racenet should be linked to the new EA Sports Racenet, and for myself it's not worked. Is it the case that we all start from scratch with a friends list now?

I think Friends Lists have to be built from scratch as EA's system is different. One notable benefit is that by being EA Friends with somebody you can cross-play into their races in games like GRID Legends and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered, and more games in the future.

It seems to be like Beefcote described it. This has lead to a situation where the new RaceNet shows your EA friends and your old RaceNet don't carry over to it. Old RaceNet still shows your old friends. Not that this is a big issue as at least I've found the friends feature in RaceNet a bit useless (can't say how it was for earlier F1 and Grid games), but it can be an issue if someone adds people to their DR2 clubs with the "invite friends" feature which shows the old RaceNet friends.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 9:48 PM, nPiipo said:

It seems to be like Beefcote described it. This has lead to a situation where the new RaceNet shows your EA friends and your old RaceNet don't carry over to it. Old RaceNet still shows your old friends. Not that this is a big issue as at least I've found the friends feature in RaceNet a bit useless (can't say how it was for earlier F1 and Grid games), but it can be an issue if someone adds people to their DR2 clubs with the "invite friends" feature which shows the old RaceNet friends.

Hi @nPiipo, yes what you've said is correct. The accounts couldn't be migrated over, despite our best efforts. In light of the fact that we were still in beta, and considering that future titles will likely include cross-play, we thought it best to implement it sooner rather than later.

• Like 2