Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

New Thrustmaster wheel Apr 2021 with display, LED etc


Recommended Posts

It looks great as a thing to look at , I am happy for your excitement and hope it lives up to your expectations from that glimpses that the video offers.

As already pointed out how much will it retail at ,pretty pretty costs money , If thrust master has looked at Fanatics market and seen that people are prepared to pay ridiculous amounts of money to play on consoles as well as proper Sim racers on PC's then it may be time to remortgage

The in game wheel has all the same information on as this new wheel will probably have and the in game wheel in cockpit view is the one for the actual teams car so having a Ferrari wheel that has a rev meter and dash screen is unnecessary expense to those that do not have a sim rig and have it set up to be like an actual car and drive in cockpit view with no in game wheel showing . Unfortunately in console games there are only a limited number of assignable buttons and so there can be no real advantage to be gained in that area by the new wheel , If the wheel is connected to a direct drive base.then it will be another thing , but as a post on here proved that using a direct drive wheel does not necessarily make everything better as when it comes to FFB wheels unless you have an idea on how to tune them to make them do what they are supposed to do then you might as well save some money and drive on a TM 150.

But pretty still looks pretty so I am sure that they will sell a lot of them even if they cost more than a lot of peoples real cars that they use to go to work in,

I just live in hope that people do not buy one and then drive around in T-cam view sat twenty feet away from the screen. That really would be a waste of thrustmasters hard work.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 5:15 PM, Shark2Racing said:

Hope will do a better job vs the   Old Ferrari f 1 wheel .If it is on the level of the Open F1 wheel with more Options it will be a definite buy - it can be as well a bit stiffer - but not as heavy as the F1 wheel - 

Now listed in a shop in France and Switzerland hope price is Not Final yet as 350 € is nearly the price of the Ts-xw base ....

7855B7F0-6697-429F-9F0A-0AFB7DC95949.png

B526A898-E7E9-4DB1-BAA1-172D9ACD7A00.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shark2Racing said:

Now listed in a shop in France and Switzerland hope price is Not Final yet as 350 € is nearly the price of the Ts-xw base ....

7855B7F0-6697-429F-9F0A-0AFB7DC95949.png

B526A898-E7E9-4DB1-BAA1-172D9ACD7A00.png

It does seem like a lot of money ; but organising making something like that takes a lot of time and messing about if you are going to get it right. at least it is reasonably affordable if you want flashing lights etc on the wheel unlike Fanatec gear which is silly money for just playing games on a console , If driving games were photo realistic and had better force feed back that just worked as plug and play then it would be worth paying that much for their stuff .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see to what level the functionality of this wheel is supported on consoles, as clearly there is a market for this type of thing on consoles (as fanatec proves).

Other than that, at first glance it certainly looks like a good piece of kit. Unfortunately, I’ve recently bought Fanatec gear so will be on that for a while.

I will watch that with keen interest as there are known issues with Fanatec gear being supported on Xbox - things like buttons/ dials/ switches and rev lights not being supported.

Edited by Monzie83
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

console functionality will depend on if the games implement the SDK for thrustmaster/fantec, the screen and led should work as long as the game outputs UDP telemetry, rumour is the screen is a 1 way data stream and is flashed with the layout  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, cearp8858 said:

console functionality will depend on if the games implement the SDK for thrustmaster/fantec, the screen and led should work as long as the game outputs UDP telemetry, rumour is the screen is a 1 way data stream and is flashed with the layout  

 

Thank you. The main thing I’d be interested in is all the extra buttons/ dials/ switches above that of a standard Xbox controller.

I should have said - I’ve heard there is no Fanatec SDK to support additional features on their wheels, which is why the input limitations exist on their wheels on Xbox. So as an effected user, it will be interesting to see if this Thrustmaster one does have the additional features supported on Xbox (game depending of course).

I know Logitech G923 has features such as additional buttons, a dial, and rev lights already working on certain Xbox games (because they have developed a SDK, which was then used by certain game devs), but since that wheel is not in the “same market place” as Fanatec gear, I dont think it’s not going to worry Fanatec too much, and pressure them into action. If this Thrustmaster wheel manages additional functionality (and with it being roughly similar price point and in the same market as the Fanatec stuff), then maybe Fanatec it will worry Fanatec enough to develop that SDK to enable the extra features on their wheels - one can only hope!

Apologies to the OP for taking the discussion on a slight tangent!

Edited by Monzie83
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

teasers are pricing  is approx 350 euro plus tax/vat for the new thrustmaster rim, it also has clutch paddles and shows additional rotary dials too .

if you wanted a fanatec with similar functionality i.e to include clutch on the rim  then your looking at 550 euro plus tax/vat so the new thrustmaster rim should pretty good value for money

drawing below will be the rim minus the gold encoders

 

 

 

13d3ee42fe2adf09a2f3fd87d8253295.jpg

147829284_10103576317234599_6231244568820254351_o.jpg

148477819_10103576317334399_7641926722645071503_o.jpg

Capture.png

Capture1.png

Capture2.png

Capture3.png

Capture4.png

Capture6.png

EvFlcNIXAAcnBtI.jpg

Edited by cearp8858
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope the rotaries will be more responsive. I've mapped mixture to one of them and if I want to go directly from high to lean I have to do it with a short pause between the steps on my current Thrustmaster F1 rim.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lakrits said:

I just hope the rotaries will be more responsive. I've mapped mixture to one of them and if I want to go directly from high to lean I have to do it with a short pause between the steps on my current Thrustmaster F1 rim.

 

that's just how the game handles the shortcuts tbh, in iracing with that rim they work how you would expect  

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, cearp8858 said:

that's just how the game handles the shortcuts tbh, in iracing with that rim they work how you would expect  

Ah, never thought about that. Guess I have to live with it as is then.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cearp8858 said:

teasers are pricing  is approx 350 euro plus tax/vat for the new thrustmaster rim, it also has clutch paddles and shows additional rotary dials too .

if you wanted a fanatec with similar functionality i.e to include clutch on the rim  then your looking at 550 euro plus tax/vat so the new thrustmaster rim should pretty good value for money

drawing below will be the rim minus the gold encoders

 

 

 

13d3ee42fe2adf09a2f3fd87d8253295.jpg

147829284_10103576317234599_6231244568820254351_o.jpg

148477819_10103576317334399_7641926722645071503_o.jpg

Capture.png

Capture1.png

Capture2.png

Capture3.png

Capture4.png

Capture6.png

EvFlcNIXAAcnBtI.jpg

Good point, I forgot about needing to add the podium paddle module for clutch functionality on Fanatec. 

I guess my thinking was it is more directly comparable (because of the amount of inputs/ build quality/ aesthetics etc) to Fanatec gear than the Logitech. So in the context of limited inputs on Fanatec gear, if this wheel is supported, it may push Fanatec into sorting the issue out.

Edited by Monzie83
Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I’m not too keen on, is the fake switches that exist on the old Ferrari rim. I wonder if this wheel will have those as it’s not too clear from the picture. Although from that last picture posted above, it looks like a proper switch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Monzie83 said:

One thing I’m not too keen on, is the fake switches that exist on the old Ferrari rim. I wonder if this wheel will have those as it’s not too clear from the picture. Although from that last picture posted above, it looks like a proper switch.

you can see a nut under the rotary shaft cap (the correct word is censored :classic_laugh:) so this would indicate they are working

Capture.PNG

Edited by cearp8858
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lakrits said:

I just hope the rotaries will be more responsive. I've mapped mixture to one of them and if I want to go directly from high to lean I have to do it with a short pause between the steps on my current Thrustmaster F1 rim.

 

I have the opposite problem with my Fanatec ClubSport v2 rotaries on PS4 - they are initially slow to respond, then suddenly too responsive. So I have mine mapped to Brake Balance - you have to turn it a a few times to “activate it”, then is super responsive so have to be very careful!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Monzie83 said:

One thing I’m not too keen on, is the fake switches that exist on the old Ferrari rim. I wonder if this wheel will have those as it’s not too clear from the picture. Although from that last picture posted above, it looks like a proper switch.

That's something that got me really disappointed when I got my F1 wheel. I could definately find uses for them had they been real.

Though, in hindsight I should have realised they were fake considering it shows in the pictures that they are fake, at least if you really look.

Anyways. Considering how much the current wheel costs a €350 price for the new one sounds reasonable. I do think the old one is a bit over-priced though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The most important is performance vs the Open wheel 
For me the F1 slowed my down vs the open wheel on a Ts-xw Racer.

This has obviously to do with weight as higher the weight as slower the rotation 

Could never try the Fanatic csl elite as it is already not available since month ...,

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator
On 3/2/2021 at 8:38 PM, Shark2Racing said:

The most important is performance vs the Open wheel 
For me the F1 slowed my down vs the open wheel on a Ts-xw Racer.

This has obviously to do with weight as higher the weight as slower the rotation 

Could never try the Fanatic csl elite as it is already not available since month ...,

Try the Acelith rim solutions for the Thrustmaster, they're very light in aluminium.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

And the first price indication as under in Switzerland which is about 365 € including VAT.

Specifications especially weight wohl be of interest 

Let’s hope on more details tomorrow 

Looks like the buttons and switches below the screen will be not useable again 

woul I would love to see from Tm would be f1 pedals like the T-CLM style - the old rs300 are obsolete and the 3 Pedal sets are not F1 like ....

706D14A4-428F-4A21-87B4-D25A26305E79.png

Edited by Shark2Racing
Add on
Link to post
Share on other sites

The rotaries under the screen will 100% be working a previous teaser shows a gap and nuts under them and the images i have today you can see a gap and shadow under too 

 

plus you can see one of them is in different positions between photos 

Edited by cearp8858
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...