DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

PJTierney

DO THIS BEFORE POSTING

Check your own devices and/or internet connection first, restart your router etc.

Check if SteamPlayStation Network or Xbox Live are down.

HOW TO REPORT AN ISSUE

Copy this and use it as a template (delete/replace whatever you don't need):

• Platform: Steam / PlayStation / Xbox
  • Place where error was encountered: Events / Clubs / Time Trial
  • Kind of error: "Server refused connection attempt" / "Error code ending in 55-58" 

No additional details, comments or screenshots are required unless we ask for them.

You can also try emailing the above to custservice@codemasters.com

This thread is not for one-to-one support, but rather to make Support aware of any potential server issues.

A report doesn't mean an immediate investigation will take place, however if there are multiple reports in a short time period then it's a sign that something is happening and info will be passed on to Support who will handle things accordingly.

If you're on Windows 7 and experiencing an error ending in 58-58, update your security settings.

Message added by PJTierney

Tried connecting, it didn't let me at first, tried a couple of times and then it kinda connected but reset all my CR (I had over 5 million before). Now I can't do anything and my CR is still at 0. Please help!

Again problems with connection, second time for me. Why should I always wait to play this game?

@PJTierney what's going on?

Edited by Sno0

I have a whopping 10 hours played in the game and probably 20 hours TRYING TO PLAY. ALWAYS system down. System refused connection. Failed to get staff. FAILED FAILED FAILED.. what the actual hell!!!? Here I keep trying to diagnose my OWN connection and its never MY internet...

Im an old man. I like to play games. but my time is limited. When I sneak away to play and I cant even do it, its very annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image.thumb.png.d1e0ffb9f63fe41f9e33c9947ec8e2dc.png

Thanks for the reports, there's enough here for me to notify support. 

Looking at the chart myself I see Steam had a dip around an hour ago (so there may be some Steam issues happening outside of this particular game) but a few of you reported console too.

I just purchased Dirt Rally 2.0 a week ago (Steam/PC) and I've been unable to play more than I've been able to due to connectivity issues. Very frustrating... Once again today, having connectivity issues.

Getting the below error code and also receiving the same message as Gabryel82. Server refusing my connection.

image.png.7ff6dfdde803c8464e99004467284029.png

Same problem here with PC and steam (windows 10)... Yesterday everything worked like charm, but not today 😞

I cannot log in at all today. I did fine yesterday (Jan. 29) and most of the last week or so.

You need to put more servers online. Come on; you can afford it!! 😊

I am from the US region. 

I am receiving "The server refused your connection attempt. This can happen if the sever is busy. Please try again later."

I am on the steam PC platform. Game is Dirt Rally 2.0. I have not received this issue on Dirt 4 or Gird 2019

Thank you

server_busy.jpg

Edited by sirbuster223

IT have been monitoring things and refreshing a few server applications occasionally.

Although all of you are reporting issues it's not like there's a total outage (if there were I'd see thousands of messages 😄), which makes identifying and actioning on anything rather tricky.

For context, our concurrent player numbers (which track how many people are online and properly connected at one time) were within normal levels all this week, except for a dip in Steam at 14.00 on Saturday (as Steam itself was starting to go down).

Your reports are useful however, just incase "the big one" does come, but for the most part things have been stable and these little spots of inconnectivity will get reviewed and actioned on in the future 🙂 

follow my problem to access the racenet club! I hope they reestablish soon! I am from Argentina

Servers seem to be reporting "busy" again. Cannot connect to racenet.

Was working just fine 10 minutes ago.

Region: US

Platform: PC/Steam

server_busy.jpg

• Sad 1

Yep, same here. Steam, Windows 10. It was fine all yesterday.

Edited by uz1l0v3r

Been trying to connect to racenet for about 2 hours, “server refused your connection attempt” message, thought it was a problem with my Xbox as I’d just cleared my local save games, but alas no result. Pick up your game codemasters, you’re trying to run an esport and this isn’t even adequate for your average video game.

Got “server refused your connection attempt” message.

Asia region on Steam - PC. 

Have tried restarting pc several time.

20210209162751_1.jpg

2 hours ago, sirbuster223 said:

Connection failure.

Us region.

PC

Please fix thank you

1 hour ago, muncebutler said:

Been trying to connect to racenet for about 2 hours, “server refused your connection attempt” message, thought it was a problem with my Xbox as I’d just cleared my local save games, but alas no result. Pick up your game codemasters, you’re trying to run an esport and this isn’t even adequate for your average video game.

Thanks for the report. The second part of your message is unneccesary.

1 hour ago, Xlackn said:

Got “server refused your connection attempt” message.

Asia region on Steam - PC. 

Have tried restarting pc several time.

20210209162751_1.jpg

Thanks for the heads up, I'll pass it on so support is aware.

Fresh template for future reports:

DO THIS BEFORE POSTING

HOW TO REPORT AN ISSUE

Copy this and use it as a template (delete/replace whatever you don't need):

• Platform: Steam / PlayStation / Xbox
  • Place where error was encountered: Events / Clubs / Time Trial
  • Kind of error: "Server refused connection attempt" / "Error code ending in 55-58" 

No additional details, comments or screenshots are required unless we ask for them.

A report doesn't mean an immediate investigation will take place, however if there are multiple reports in a short time period then it's a sign that something is happening and info will be passed on.

You can also try emailing the above to custservice@codemasters.com