Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

Go to solution Solved by PJTierney,
Message added by PJTierney

DO THIS BEFORE POSTING

Check your own devices and/or internet connection first, restart your router etc.

Check if SteamPlayStation Network or Xbox Live are down.

HOW TO REPORT AN ISSUE

Copy this and use it as a template (delete/replace whatever you don't need):

• Platform: Steam / PlayStation / Xbox
  • Place where error was encountered: Events / Clubs / Time Trial
  • Kind of error: "Server refused connection attempt" / "Error code ending in 55-58" 

No additional details, comments or screenshots are required unless we ask for them.

You can also try emailing the above to custservice@codemasters.com

This thread is not for one-to-one support, but rather to make Support aware of any potential server issues.

A report doesn't mean an immediate investigation will take place, however if there are multiple reports in a short time period then it's a sign that something is happening and info will be passed on to Support who will handle things accordingly.

If you're on Windows 7 and experiencing an error ending in 58-58, update your security settings.

the server problem is just ridiculous and embarrassing it is not possible to play this game !
I went with full intention back from the Service Park to the main menu and still DNF

This is just embarrassing for Codemaster
I've never had a game like this where all game progress is destroyed 🤬🤬

Edited by gleylancer571

Actually one only need server connection for events or upgrading cars; otherwise playing freeplay improving my skills is totally ok for a few hours.

But temporary fixes over these problems that codemasters done, instead of hiring new servers; really grinds my gears. Because it is just disrespect for players.

Getting frequent connection failed when retrieving the events list, or when trying to start an event after selecting a car. Atm I'm pressing retry for the nth time after having finished a daily stage to avoid a DNF, after failing to upload the result after time table was displayed. Steam/Pt

Update: problems seem mostly gone

Edited by AlleyViper

Playing the Gravel Busters club, currently 20th. I can't save the game, connection error to Racenet. If I close it I'll get DNF and all screw the whole run. 

I understand you are a small company, but can't you guys get help from the community? I'm surr therr are a lot of people with technical expertise, including myself, that would be willing to help making this more reliable, and who knows, maybe people who can donate cloud resources to help you cope with the demand! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
45 minutes ago, Jacendb said:

I understand you are a small company, but can't you guys get help from the community? I'm surr therr are a lot of people with technical expertise, including myself, that would be willing to help making this more reliable, and who knows, maybe people who can donate cloud resources to help you cope with the demand! 

Attempt at a joke, right? Codemasters have approx 700 employees. Quite a few on the racing games, they also bought/acquired and got the talent from Evolution Studios (PS2 WRC Games, MotorStorm and Driveclub) and now Slighly Mad Studios (NfS:Shift, pCars). It's really not a small company going over 70 mill GBP in revenue in 2019(Fiscal Year) ending on 3.7mill GBP in profit. That's not small studio numbers.

• Agree 4
46 minutes ago, Myrvold said:

Attempt at a joke, right? Codemasters have approx 700 employees. Quite a few on the racing games, they also bought/acquired and got the talent from Evolution Studios (PS2 WRC Games, MotorStorm and Driveclub) and now Slighly Mad Studios (NfS:Shift, pCars). It's really not a small company going over 70 mill GBP in revenue in 2019(Fiscal Year) ending on 3.7mill GBP in profit. That's not small studio numbers.

Wow, I didn't know that. 

Then why TF can't racenet work decently?

• Agree 1

Extremely unstable this game has become. Days and days with connection issues! I managed to drive 1 stage of the Weekly in NZ, and then it has been hopeless to continue. 🤬 I’m on PS4. The GRID server on the other hand, has never had an issue. 🙄 Priorities, priorities... 🙄

• Agree 1

for five days already !
and it doesn't matter if it's the weekend or the week !!
You can only play in the morning, in the afternoon and in the evening not possible anymore

Codemasters when can I play the game ???
I didn't buy it so it would be on the shelf

Edited by gleylancer571

Halfway through 10 stage monthly Event at Argentina. All progress now lost. What a joke this is becoming! How many people is this happening to that doesn’t bother saying anything. Big fan of the game which makes it more frustrating. 
Codemasters seriously do not care about it’s customers, very very sad situation indeed. 

9D89C624-88A9-445E-B056-13039D524F77.jpeg

Edited by Trick13
  • PJTierney changed the title to DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity
  • PJTierney pinned this topic