Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

Go to solution Solved by PJTierney,
Message added by PJTierney

DO THIS BEFORE POSTING

Check your own devices and/or internet connection first, restart your router etc.

Check if SteamPlayStation Network or Xbox Live are down.

HOW TO REPORT AN ISSUE

Copy this and use it as a template (delete/replace whatever you don't need):

• Platform: Steam / PlayStation / Xbox
  • Place where error was encountered: Events / Clubs / Time Trial
  • Kind of error: "Server refused connection attempt" / "Error code ending in 55-58" 

No additional details, comments or screenshots are required unless we ask for them.

You can also try emailing the above to custservice@codemasters.com

This thread is not for one-to-one support, but rather to make Support aware of any potential server issues.

A report doesn't mean an immediate investigation will take place, however if there are multiple reports in a short time period then it's a sign that something is happening and info will be passed on to Support who will handle things accordingly.

If you're on Windows 7 and experiencing an error ending in 58-58, update your security settings.

Same here. Been trying to reconnect for the last 30 minutes. Frustrating when I only have 1 stage to go of the rally I was doing :classic_unsure:

edit: I should add that I try to play on Steam from Norway. The game is real fun when its working, I have 400 hours in it for a reason :classic_smile:

Edited by Rallyroymadness
  • Agree 1

Took 30 seconds to enter My Team; a screen with 3 boxes on it and no networked data.

Then 45 more seconds to enter the Events screen.

Then 23 seconds for a leaderboard to try and fail.

Even with forced connectivity, this implementation is Will Ferrell levels of not even mad.

Edit - Oh, and I can't start any events. Steam, Australia.

image.png.4eaf35d510f20ccdbdcca6736c240b87.png
image.thumb.png.e47eb4391d079d4f58609622f611fc34.png

Edited by XenialJ
  • Agree 1

Was just inching towards completing the GT Australia weekly when I went back to the main menu (not quit) from the final service area (with one stage to go), tried to load it up again and got credited with a DNF. Marvellous.

Edited by roth8588
  • Agree 1

The results system still works like sh**, it's a waste of time to practice and join club races if you get stuck in middle of a season without the possibility to leave without losing everything you have done.

Make the investment to solve the issue. This situation is a shame.

• Agree 1
48 minutes ago, roth8588 said:

Was just inching towards completing the GT Australia weekly when I went back to the main menu (not quit) from the final service area (with one stage to go), tried to load it up again and got credited with a DNF. Marvellous.

Same thing, I'm stuck on the last service stop, with a big chance of achieving my biggest success in a weekly event and getting to the top 70 drivers, but I can't repair the car due to server issues.

I must say, I used to defend this whole always online thing, but the game has become unplayable on the weekends. This is unacceptable.

Edit: at the end I had to drive the last stage with a damaged engine, which cost me a lot of time, because I couldn't repair the car. Marvelous. It's weird that the game sometimes lets you drive, but doesn't let you repair anything.

Edited by danielofifi
  • Agree 2

Be nice if the servers actually worked, I even signed up just to complain about it, Either fix the servers or stop posting new challenges for us to play that we can't actually play because of the non working servers, Absolute joke just release a freaking patch to let us download and play the events offline and only require a connection to upload times!

Bethesda games are more stable than your servers and that takes some doing to be that bad!

Edited by ghostrider135
  • Like 2
  • Agree 4

@PJTierney

Hi, haven't been able to sign into anything codemasters for the past 3 weeks AT ALL.. Didn't get a single reaction in this thread either... getting rather annoyed now!!!

F1 2019 not working

Dirt Rally & Dirt Rally 2,0 not working
And it's really only Codemasters products having issues.. but all of them

Netherlands PC Steam...Error codes are in earlier posts

Lol got so annoyed I found a FIX:

If you're having connectivity issues with windows 7

Try this:

1. Use Windows Update to update Windows 7 and install the KB3140245 Security Patch.
  2. If you can't do [1]: Install Windows 7 KB3140245 Security Patch.
  3. Download MicrosoftEasyFix51044
  4. Run both and Restart

The problem is, that Windows 7 uses as standard secure protocol TLS 1.0 or SSL 2.0. I think, something was changed at the servers, that they don't accept these secure protocols anymore.

Only took me 3 weeks and 3 other fora....
But it solved the problems for all titles in one go.. F1 and Dirt both connecting now.

Would have been nice if someone kinda pointed me in that direction in the past 3 weeks.. 

Edited by MeNotMe
35 minutes ago, ghostrider135 said:

Be nice if the servers actually worked, I even signed up just to complain about it, Either fix the servers or stop posting new challenges for us to play that we can't actually play because of the non working servers, Absolute joke just release a freaking patch to let us download and play the events offline and only require a connection to upload times!

Bethesda games are more stable than your servers and that takes some doing to be that bad!

Same here. Just signed up to say that the servers are down.

Ouch from the Bethesda comment. I played 76 and that makes it all the more accurate.

• Haha 1
  • Social Media & Community Team
10 hours ago, MeNotMe said:

@PJTierney

Hi, haven't been able to sign into anything codemasters for the past 3 weeks AT ALL.. Didn't get a single reaction in this thread either... getting rather annoyed now!!!

F1 2019 not working

Dirt Rally & Dirt Rally 2,0 not working
And it's really only Codemasters products having issues.. but all of them

Netherlands PC Steam...Error codes are in earlier posts

Lol got so annoyed I found a FIX:

If you're having connectivity issues with windows 7

Try this:

1. Use Windows Update to update Windows 7 and install the KB3140245 Security Patch.
  2. If you can't do [1]: Install Windows 7 KB3140245 Security Patch.
  3. Download MicrosoftEasyFix51044
  4. Run both and Restart

The problem is, that Windows 7 uses as standard secure protocol TLS 1.0 or SSL 2.0. I think, something was changed at the servers, that they don't accept these secure protocols anymore.

Only took me 3 weeks and 3 other fora....
But it solved the problems for all titles in one go.. F1 and Dirt both connecting now.

Would have been nice if someone kinda pointed me in that direction in the past 3 weeks.. 

The Win7 fix was shared on the forums before, but I'll pin a link to the top of this thread now to make it easier to find. Thanks for the heads up.

Regarding last night, there was another PSN outage, which had the side effect of tripping up DR2 connectivity.

I've asked if that has any knock-on effects for other platforms, considering Steam and Xbox people were posting in this thread.

Sorry I don't have any more concrete info right now, I share your frustration in these connectivity issues 😞 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Regarding last night, there was another PSN outage, which had the side effect of tripping up DR2 connectivity.

I've asked if that has any knock-on effects for other platforms, considering Steam and Xbox people were posting in this thread.

Sorry I don't have any more concrete info right now, I share your frustration in these connectivity issues 😞 

Why no one look and taking action on DLC problems? Why nobody take this problem to Codemasters developers for almost 1 year? 

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

You know what's even more frustrating?
When between the stages the connection breaks down my Audi Group B and Subaru Impreza suddenly had 1000 kilometers on the speedometer...........
And yesterday also with my Peugeot 205 GTI which had 620km on the speedo and after the server problem 708km that's something that frustrates me.

Is it possible to reverse this so that the correct mileage is displayed

Edited by gleylancer571
2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Why would PSN affect PC and Xbox? Its like steam having issues and people wouldnt be able to play on PS or Xbox...

19 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

Why would PSN affect PC and Xbox? Its like steam having issues and people wouldnt be able to play on PS or Xbox...

I'm just spitballin' here, trying to get to the bottom of this. Network stuff is complicated and intertwined.

Back 3 weeks ago when we had the big outage, that took the game down on all platforms due to the massive influx of PS4 players coming in (different scenario to this, but you can see how an event on one platform affects the others).

11 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I'm just spitballin' here, trying to get to the bottom of this. Network stuff is complicated and intertwined.

Back 3 weeks ago when we had the big outage, that took the game down on all platforms due to the massive influx of PS4 players coming in (different scenario to this, but you can see how an event on one platform affects the others).

Of course the network can get on its knees if a lot of people playing at the same time but if PSN goes down it should not affect racenet (well maybe in a "positive" way since less people join on playstation and put less load on your servers), its two completely different things. 

Edited by somethingthing

Oh here we go again, it’s after 1pm BST!! All people around the world are getting to free trial the game so those of us who have actually bought the game with hard earned cash have to suffer!!  Bork Bork and more effing Bork!! 

08366FCC-D98C-447E-B629-395D31F7A445.jpeg

28 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

@PJTierney you are mentioning only bigger outages. Can't you see that those problems appears constantly every day?

Yes.

27 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

Could you comment on constant, repeatable ever-day problems with connectivity?

Not in any great detail I'm afraid.

• PJTierney changed the title to DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity
  • PJTierney pinned this topic