Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

Go to solution Solved by PJTierney,
Message added by PJTierney

DO THIS BEFORE POSTING

Check your own devices and/or internet connection first, restart your router etc.

Check if SteamPlayStation Network or Xbox Live are down.

HOW TO REPORT AN ISSUE

Copy this and use it as a template (delete/replace whatever you don't need):

• Platform: Steam / PlayStation / Xbox
  • Place where error was encountered: Events / Clubs / Time Trial
  • Kind of error: "Server refused connection attempt" / "Error code ending in 55-58" 

No additional details, comments or screenshots are required unless we ask for them.

You can also try emailing the above to custservice@codemasters.com

This thread is not for one-to-one support, but rather to make Support aware of any potential server issues.

A report doesn't mean an immediate investigation will take place, however if there are multiple reports in a short time period then it's a sign that something is happening and info will be passed on to Support who will handle things accordingly.

If you're on Windows 7 and experiencing an error ending in 58-58, update your security settings.

21 hours ago, dk114 said:

The only reliable work-around that I know of so far is to connect to a VPN before starting the game (I use privateinternetaccess.com). For some reason, even connecting to the exit node in the same region I am (Melbourne/Australia) seems to work - I have not seen a single timeout or a server error while playing connected to a VPN..

While it may sound like the ISP may be blocking something and VPN bypasses it, it's not very likely because the game used to work just fine and still works without VPN (although intermittently).

A mystery shrouded in an enigma. 😞

Just tried it with vpn, still can't connect. Thanks anyways

On 7/20/2020 at 9:57 AM, dk114 said:

The only reliable work-around that I know of so far is to connect to a VPN before starting the game (I use privateinternetaccess.com). For some reason, even connecting to the exit node in the same region I am (Melbourne/Australia) seems to work - I have not seen a single timeout or a server error while playing connected to a VPN..

While it may sound like the ISP may be blocking something and VPN bypasses it, it's not very likely because the game used to work just fine and still works without VPN (although intermittently).

A mystery shrouded in an enigma. 😞

After three weeks of constant errors (also from Australia) - a VPN has worked for me, thanks.

• Agree 1
  • 1 month later...

Can't play in France with or without a VPN via landline or 4G. So nothing at all to do with local problems 100% a codemasters problem.

Connection Failed .... so will lose progress on Monthly challenge with only one rally to go.

Totally unacceptable that I have paid for a game I cannot use, and that hours of game progress completely wasted.

Codemasters, what are you going to do about this continual problem reported by players from all over the world please? I am not a young angry keyboard warrior instead I am a retired old git in his 60's into my rallying. Surely this **** service isn't the norm?

Playing on fully updated Windows 10, with all latest updates from steam etc ..... problem has only been unsolvable since latest steam update, but presume that a co-incidence?

Edited by onabike

UPDATE:

The problem is only in uploading stage times, all downloads work fine as do car repairs etc etc .... please sort this out as it makes owning or playing the game completely pointless.

One error message I received was that I needed to be logged into steam but upon checking I was ....... is it the steam update causing the problems?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Social Media & Community Team

Hello everyone.

Maintenance Details:

There will be ongoing maintenance of almost all Codemasters servers during the times below:

• October 12 - October 16
  • 08.00 to 16.00 UTC

How this affects you:

• Servers will remain active during this period.
  • There may be occasional connectivity issues that impact your experience in DiRT Rally 2.0.
  • You do not need to report these to us, as our IT team will be actively monitoring and working on the servers throughout the week.

My Advice:

• If you're taking part in any important events, like competitive Club Championships or the DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series Qualifiers, try to compete in them when there is no active maintenance. That should help minimise connection issues preventing you from submitting Leaderboard times.

On October 10, 2020, I couldn't connect to the server for about 10 minutes around 22:20 p.m
In China, platform: PC
I love Dirt Rally 2.0. But I often can't connect to the server. Sometimes the time trial can't enter the map, and it's always in the loading interface, which really drives me crazy.
I don't have time to play in a week. It's hard to play games on weekends. It's really painful to compete with the server all day

123.png

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the game yesterday. Its is not letting me access the career mode. Its shows following error. Please help guys, I am new to this game and nothing about it. 

I just want to play career mode ( None of the online stuff, I am a casual player, just wanna have fun)

It mostly shows the " Connection Failed" error

Sometimes it shows "Download Failed"

Please help. Thank you

ElMhWHhU8AAYZqx.jpg

2.jpg

Friendly reminder for the last few posts 🙂 

For general connectivity issues we don't provide one-to-one support on the forums, and you're best off emailing custservice@codemasters.com

Reporting issues in this thread is still useful however, as a large volume of reports in a short space of time clearly indicates wider connectivity issues and helps alert the support team.

I don't have a specific answer for the 55-58 error that shows up, so the email is your best bet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, UnderclassGDfan said:

@PJTierney DiRT Rally 2.0 is completely down, can't access anything with online-functionality.

Just checked the concurrent users charts and it disagrees.

There was a dip on Xbox about an hour ago but everything appears normal now.

Just now, UnderclassGDfan said:

I try to go in clubs or My Team, but get error messages everytime.

I'll keep an eye out and see if there are similar reports, but I have a feeling this could be a localised issue. 😞 

1 minute ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Forget it, had just to restart the game and now it seems to work again.
Sorry, my fault for not trying this first, before reporting here ^^'

This will be my default response to any of your queries going forward:

90 Have You Tried Turning It Off and On Again? ideas | it crowd, british  comedy, crowd

• Haha 2
  • PJTierney changed the title to DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity
  • PJTierney pinned this topic