Jump to content Jump to content

DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity


Go to solution Solved by PJTierney,
Message added by PJTierney

 

 

DO THIS BEFORE POSTING

 

Check your own devices and/or internet connection first, restart your router etc.

Check if SteamPlayStation Network or Xbox Live are down.

 

 

HOW TO REPORT AN ISSUE

 

Copy this and use it as a template (delete/replace whatever you don't need):

 

  • Platform: Steam / PlayStation / Xbox
  • Country: x
  • Place where error was encountered: Events / Clubs / Time Trial
  • Kind of error: "Server refused connection attempt" / "Error code ending in 55-58" 

 

No additional details, comments or screenshots are required unless we ask for them.

You can also try emailing the above to custservice@codemasters.com

 

This thread is not for one-to-one support, but rather to make Support aware of any potential server issues.

A report doesn't mean an immediate investigation will take place, however if there are multiple reports in a short time period then it's a sign that something is happening and info will be passed on to Support who will handle things accordingly.

 

 

If you're on Windows 7 and experiencing an error ending in 58-58, update your security settings.

Recommended Posts

  • Social Media & Community Team

Hi all, Chris here from the Community Team 🙂

Quick update to say that we're seeing some possible progress with the current situation. Active users is steadily rising. 

If anyone here does try to jump in, please let us know how you get on here, so we have more info to work on. Thank you 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hi all, Chris here from the Community Team 🙂

Quick update to say that we're seeing some possible progress with the current situation. Active users is steadily rising. 

If anyone here does try to jump in, please let us know how you get on here, so we have more info to work on. Thank you 🙂

Nope

20200407220952_1.thumb.jpg.233f4d3179cba0b3f87331c39ff7573f.jpg

Steam, Finland (which btw does not have zero visibility fog on clear dry summer daytime as in DR2.0)

 

Edited by HoksuHoo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. I got in a Club championship about 45 minutes ago. Could do 3 stages with some 'Retry' hitting after connection issues, but it worked. Then, about a half hour ago, the game crashed. Can't get back in now, no matter how many times I try.

Club championship round is expired now... So DNF while I was leading it by 1m20 with 2 stages to go 😞

 

PC / Steam / The Netherlands

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unbelievable Jeff!!  There was some brilliant daily’s available today that I was really looking forward to doing, including some extra daily’s with promo and bonus content. Any news on when this issue will be resolved. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

How ironically, this thread has been created a day ago by @PJTierney 😉

..and this was posted 2-3 hours before the servers went down

9 hours ago, PJTierney said:

With many new players coming in thanks to PlayStation, the dev team have added a bunch of Bonus Events so that everybody can sample the DLC content 🙂 

 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
7 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

How ironically, this thread has been created a day ago by @PJTierney 😉

We knew a lot of players would be playing today, and if there were any server issues (which it appears there have been), then having the discussion and reports in a centralised location (rather than dozens of threads) makes it easier to report internally 👍🏻

When you monitor upwards of 1,000 messages a day (and often more than that) across forums/social it's nice to have them organised sometimes 😉 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It'd be nice to actually try out the career mode but I don't think that'll be happening. First Codemasters game and I think the last for me. This is certainly not a good look.

Error Code: 2147aea54294e9-16c74047-55-58 (note this error code keeps changing)

System: Playstation 4

Area: North America

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

And this

On 4/6/2020 at 4:21 PM, PJTierney said:

Although we have systems in place to detect the rare times server connectivity is dropping

So rare it takes mere hours from posting that for their servers to kick the bucket.

Maybe, just maybe, Codemasters could stop being in denial about their servers being shockingly unstable and unreliable?

  • Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

And this

So rare it takes mere hours from posting that for their servers to kick the bucket.

Maybe, just maybe, Codemasters could stop being in denial about their servers being shockingly unstable and unreliable?

You forgot the bit where it's not rare at all, it's been like this every evening (for a couple hours) for the last couple of weeks now 😂

But, just give them some time, at least they're finally looking into their server issues 😉

Edited by doeternitoeV10
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
21 minutes ago, Trick13 said:

Unbelievable Jeff!!  There was some brilliant daily’s available today that I was really looking forward to doing, including some extra daily’s with promo and bonus content. Any news on when this issue will be resolved. Thanks

Lots of work going on from multiple departments. Numbers-wise we're still seeing improvements and stabilisation but there's clearly more to be done. 

22 minutes ago, Kjell007 said:

Norway and PS4. My credits are gone, and very unstable connection. ☹️

On the topic of Credits - anecdotally we're seeing that once you can re-connect fully, your Credits return. On my side my Credits were breifly at zero, but once I was briefly able to connect, that hard-earned moolah was back. Chasing confirmation that this is the same for all players 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

We knew a lot of players would be playing today, and if there were any server issues

Considering how overloaded (aka slow) your servers are recent days, it's not surprised they dropped on knees with additional demand.
It's good you are monitoring them live but prevention against the outage would be appreciated more.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

On the topic of Credits - anecdotally we're seeing that once you can re-connect fully, your Credits return. On my side my Credits were breifly at zero, but once I was briefly able to connect, that hard-earned moolah was back. Chasing confirmation that this is the same for all players

Yea, i got back credits👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • PJTierney changed the title to DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity
  • PJTierney pinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...