Jump to content Jump to content

DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

Message added by PJTierney

DO THIS BEFORE POSTING

Check your own devices and/or internet connection first, restart your router etc.

Check if SteamPlayStation Network or Xbox Live are down.

HOW TO REPORT AN ISSUE

Copy this and use it as a template (delete/replace whatever you don't need):

• Platform: Steam / PlayStation / Xbox
  • Place where error was encountered: Events / Clubs / Time Trial
  • Kind of error: "Server refused connection attempt" / "Error code ending in 55-58" 

No additional details, comments or screenshots are required unless we ask for them.

You can also try emailing the above to custservice@codemasters.com

This thread is not for one-to-one support, but rather to make Support aware of any potential server issues.

A report doesn't mean an immediate investigation will take place, however if there are multiple reports in a short time period then it's a sign that something is happening and info will be passed on to Support who will handle things accordingly.

If you're on Windows 7 and experiencing an error ending in 58-58, update your security settings.

• Social Media & Community Team
1 hour ago, uz1l0v3r said:

Thank god. I was worried it was something serious related to Storm Christoph.

While some servers are located in the UK, we have quite a few in other countries too 😉 

• Agree 1

Hi, I was nearing the end of a weekly challenge last night, and in between stages, the game was unable to connect to the server to upload times, even though internet connection was fine. Now I am getting the message in the title.

I also posted a similar but unrelated issue here a little over a month ago, regarding my Rallycross career being repeatedly reset with a particular car, which is still unresolved afaik, and never received any type of response.

But now I can't even access ANY of My Team or anything that requires Racenet in DR2. Please advise.

14 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

Did they break the servers during the maintance?

No, CCU is normal.

There was a quick refresh of some things (like Clubs website) to help improve connection speed however, incase anything did go wonky. From our end everything seems solid.

Just now, PJTierney said:

No, CCU is normal.

There was a quick refresh of some things (like Clubs website) to help improve connection speed however, incase anything did go wonky. From our end everything seems solid.

I was about to play and made sure that it could connect before turning on the game in VR and having a seat in the rig. It went flawless and i got ready. Fired up the game again and it wasnt possible to connect. Just did another try just now and now it was without issues. This up/down/up/down is really bad because its so easy to lose progression in weeklies/monthlies/clubs.

I agree it's not ideal.

IT are doing a lot of upgrades this week across the wider Codemasters infrastructure, and although things are a little up/down/slow at the moment they're ensuring that "true downtime" (like what we had this morning) is kept to a minimum.

I'm keeping an eye on places like this thread and socials for if anything breaks in a big way, but I imagine we'll be back to smooth sailing in a day or two.

Your credits and staff/cars should come back, if the connection is back.
I had that too many months ago and it is very frightening at first, I know.

I think I don't even try to start the game today, just in case.
I have around 87 million credits at the moment and I wanna brake the 100 million mark this year 😃
Don't wanna risk it.

I'm VERY curious if the dev-team learned from this for the next game.
We will see...

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I'm VERY curious if the dev-team learned from this for the next game.

I think the feedback was clear enough 😉

What is going on?! I am having the same issues. Saying servers refusing my connection attempt?

Does this have anything to do with Codemasters being bought by EA??

I cant play my Career, i cant do daily challenges, I cant enjoy the game I spent 100$+ on, ***?

Edited by SushiKilla

@MacNitro @ochonpaul @SushiKilla @Den3 @Unm4rk3d

Hi all,

This was flagged to IT a few hours ago, who confirmed that one of our external servers was having minor connectivity issues, affecting a small portion of players. 

That has since been resolved so hopefully you all see an improvement in connections now 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Hello! On Steam I cannot enter the racenet clubs, I am marked as wanting to enter but it does not connect, in the rest of the modes it goes well, what happens to the server! ?

• PJTierney changed the title to DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity
  • PJTierney pinned this topic