Jump to content Jump to content

DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

Go to solution Solved by PJTierney,
Message added by PJTierney

DO THIS BEFORE POSTING

Check your own devices and/or internet connection first, restart your router etc.

Check if SteamPlayStation Network or Xbox Live are down.

HOW TO REPORT AN ISSUE

Copy this and use it as a template (delete/replace whatever you don't need):

• Platform: Steam / PlayStation / Xbox
  • Place where error was encountered: Events / Clubs / Time Trial
  • Kind of error: "Server refused connection attempt" / "Error code ending in 55-58" 

No additional details, comments or screenshots are required unless we ask for them.

You can also try emailing the above to custservice@codemasters.com

This thread is not for one-to-one support, but rather to make Support aware of any potential server issues.

A report doesn't mean an immediate investigation will take place, however if there are multiple reports in a short time period then it's a sign that something is happening and info will be passed on to Support who will handle things accordingly.

If you're on Windows 7 and experiencing an error ending in 58-58, update your security settings.

• Social Media & Community Team

Unfortunately once a Club registers a DNF there's no way to change the result, sorry 😞 

Side-note, @lmirel can you remove the YouTube video from your signature please? It'll embed every time you post and clog up the forum. I recommend linking to your channel page instead, like I do.

Two days in a row where I can't get a stable connection to the servers. The idea of an always on single-player campaign still amazes me. Congratz.

• Platform: Steam
  • Place where error was encountered: Events
  • Kind of error: "Server refused connection attempt" 
Edited by Thiagoods
Added error details
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Platform:  Xbox
  • Place where error was encountered: Events
  • Kind of error: We found a discrepancy between a local save and Racenet on your career progress and are resetting you current championship

Third time its happened in 2 weeks since buying the game, first time reporting. Should have refunded this like I did with Dirt 4 for its racenet fail.

• Platform:  Steam
  • Place where error was encountered: various career events 
  • Kind of error: We found a discrepancy between a local save and Racenet on your career progress and are resetting you current championship

This is galling. I cannot continue wasting my time like this only to see progress wiped out. Broken game!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, somethingthing said:

The server refused your connection attempt...

Steam, Europe.

Thanks. Saw a message this morning about others reporting the same, so support team is on it right now 🙂 

35 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Heads up, there'll be server maintenance for a few hours:

image.png

Gotta love losing my run and being punished for it with no warning due to server maintainence.

I just purchased this game on steam during the sale today after deciding to upgrade from the first.
How can a 3 year old game be so fundamentally reliant on online servers for offline play.

What happens when corporate decides that this game isn't going to be supported anymore? We just lose access to career mode?

Edited by Frozentsbgg
Hello everyone,

I'm playing DiRT Rally 2.0 on PC via Steam platform (from Bulgaria) and I have a problem with the clubs while I'm into the game - when I click on the RACENET CLUBS menu, then I can't see the clubs I'm a member of (they are about 35), but I can only see three "empty" slots ready for me to make a new club as you can see from the attached screenshot.

Plus, I have only the "Back" button as an option, so I can't even make a new club (if I wanted to)!

In the DiRT Rally 2.0 webpage (https://dirtrally2.dirtgame.com/clubs/my-clubs), however, I can (still) see all of the clubs which I'm a member of like normal, so the problem seems to be with the game itself...

This problem has appeared for the first time on 29 November and it is still the same today (I have the game since April 2020 and have never experienced something like that since then)!

I haven't done/installed anything to my PC since last Saturday (27 November) when I played the game (online, in a club) for the last time until 29 November.

Can somebody, please, help me?

Thank you in advance!

DiRT Rally 2.0 Clubs In-game problem.jpg

Edited by dkirov
1 hour ago, dkirov said:
Hello everyone,

I'm playing DiRT Rally 2.0 on PC via Steam platform (from Bulgaria) and I have a problem with the clubs while I'm into the game - when I click on the RACENET CLUBS menu, then I can't see the clubs I'm a member of (they are about 35), but I can only see three "empty" slots ready for me to make a new club as you can see from the attached screenshot.

Plus, I have only the "Back" button as an option, so I can't even make a new club (if I wanted to)!

In the DiRT Rally 2.0 webpage (https://dirtrally2.dirtgame.com/clubs/my-clubs), however, I can (still) see all of the clubs which I'm a member of like normal, so the problem seems to be with the game itself...

This problem has appeared for the first time on 29 November and it is still the same today (I have the game since April 2020 and have never experienced something like that since then)!

I haven't done/installed anything to my PC since last Saturday (27 November) when I played the game (online, in a club) for the last time until 29 November.

Can somebody, please, help me?

Thank you in advance!

DiRT Rally 2.0 Clubs In-game problem.jpg

How many Clubs are you in?

If it's a lot then you've probably got too many active championships for the menu.

If there are more than 32 active/upcoming Club Championships, the menu can't fit them all. You can either wait it out or head to the website and leave a few Clubs to bring the number down.

2 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

How many Clubs are you in?

If it's a lot then you've probably got too many active championships for the menu.

If there are more than 32 active/upcoming Club Championships, the menu can't fit them all. You can either wait it out or head to the website and leave a few Clubs to bring the number down.

Hello,

Thank you very much!

I have just resolved the problem the moment which you have answered me!

Yes I was in too many clubs and this was the problem. I never new too many clubs could cause such a problem.

Greetings!

• Like 1

Bonjours à tous depuis ce matin j'essaye de crée un club et à chaque fois le chargement est infini. J'ai essayer plusieurs fois et toujours pareil. Cela ne viens pas de mon nombre de club actif étant donné je n'en ai que 2. J'aimerai bien pouvoir le créer aujourd'hui. Merci