Jump to content Jump to content

DiRT Rally 2.0 - In-Game Server Connectivity

Go to solution Solved by PJTierney,
Message added by PJTierney

DO THIS BEFORE POSTING

Check your own devices and/or internet connection first, restart your router etc.

Check if SteamPlayStation Network or Xbox Live are down.

HOW TO REPORT AN ISSUE

Copy this and use it as a template (delete/replace whatever you don't need):

• Platform: Steam / PlayStation / Xbox
  • Place where error was encountered: Events / Clubs / Time Trial
  • Kind of error: "Server refused connection attempt" / "Error code ending in 55-58" 

No additional details, comments or screenshots are required unless we ask for them.

You can also try emailing the above to custservice@codemasters.com

This thread is not for one-to-one support, but rather to make Support aware of any potential server issues.

A report doesn't mean an immediate investigation will take place, however if there are multiple reports in a short time period then it's a sign that something is happening and info will be passed on to Support who will handle things accordingly.

If you're on Windows 7 and experiencing an error ending in 58-58, update your security settings.

• Social Media & Community Team

Hello everyone, thanks or the reports.

The support team's been monitoring the situation over the past few days and your reports do help with that too. Keep dropping them in here, with the usual template.

I would also recommend messaging https://www.codemasters.com/support/ with the same info.

pc france

connection failed but i got 290mbps ?

for several weeks, after a message on this site to report, on 1 2022 I was told it was repaired, and not 1 day of normal operation, and it no longer works .... again ....
exactly the same as on dirt 1, why we definitely stop ...
the racenet server is problematic, it's good to sell products, but behind you have to assume and ensure ...
you have to buy another server right? is it time?

even after 10 attempts always the same message.

Afficher les photos récentes.png

v

• Platform: Steam 
  • Place where error was encountered: Events / Clubs / Time Trial ...connect game simply
  • Kind of error: no error but nothing.. not charging comunication with server no disponible.

hello, will it finally repair the racenet server which still has not worked on R2 for 2 weeks?

despite many messages the days passed and no improvement ?!
guys we have to make a movement and boycott codemaster and race net, or get people to come together and sign a petition for justice? It will teach them to take people for a simple product and for imbecile, not to provide a service for which we paid !!
  more than 3 week or racenet and out. no error message loaded and nothing after 10 minutes, with 300mbps of flow, it is not normal.

failure of the download from time to time, otherwise nothing no message it runs in loading for 10 minutes and that

Afficher les photos récentes.png

paris fr steam pc.
still the same after 3 weeks of improvement since yesterday I no longer have the server racent message not found, the jca loads a race and it stays on this loading page and nothing .. I even re-installed the 109 gigabytes of the game, but still the same IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY ..
THERE ARE PHOTOS:

1- see time bottom screen.jpg

2 - see time bottom screen.jpg

3 - see time bottom screen.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I solved problemy by myself. So I will leave whole post and solution below.

SOLUTION:

It was an issue with NAT Type. I was not think that was an issue because I still was able to connect to other games. Basically everything is under this link.

http://www.playstationing.com/ps4/how-to-change-your-nat-type-on-ps4-and-ps3/839

And here additional information if you are using LTE network:
https://gamestoday.info/gamingnews/how-to-get-nat-type-1-or-2-on-playstation-4-ps4-via-lte-umts-router/

• Platform: PlayStation 4
  • Place where error was encountered: Lobby with my friend / Part of public lobby.
  • Kind of error: "Connection error / You were unable to join the session"

If I or my friend create a lobby and send me invitation or make a public lobby the second person cannot join that. The same error pop up. We try this for 4 days and nothing help. If I create lobby then other random people can join but not my friend. The same in other direction.

Then lets say 50 / 50 of other public lobby are working or have the same issue. Then if we find good lobby we can play together... but not with our rules and then I waste more time to find something than really playing.

We tried from both sides:

1. Different network
  2. Different settings of the lobby
  3. Double check DLC - We have GOTY/Deluxe version with 56 DLC. Everything is installed and seems working in time trial and so on.
  4. Change PSN country to different ones
  5. Check that for 4 days straight
  6. I or he never had an issue with another network game. DIRT 5 for example - and we also played together.
  7. Tried to unfriend ourselves
  8. We try racenet and it is working but waiting for next race 2 days is not good for us.

If you have any idea or link to similar issue it will be great.
Thanks!

EDIT:
Do you think that can be related to opened ports and not having static external IP in my router? I am using LTE network. In PS4 I have NAT Type 3.
Should I change also that part? I need to pay additional money for static IP. That is why I am asking if I can connect to other lobbies if this can made influence?

Edited by Dzyniu23
I solved problemy by myself - Added solution.

• 2 weeks later...