Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

F1 2020 black screen

Hello,

Sometimes when I finish the race game just freeze and then black screen come out and I cant do anything except to force turn off my computer on button.My drivers are up to date,my PC is good enough for this game Specs:

RX 590 8gb

Ryzen 5 3600

16 gb DDR4

Can somebody help me I dont know what to do anymore.

22 hours ago, Buleni said:

Hello,

Sometimes when I finish the race game just freeze and then black screen come out and I cant do anything except to force turn off my computer on button.My drivers are up to date,my PC is good enough for this game Specs:

RX 590 8gb

Ryzen 5 3600

16 gb DDR4

Can somebody help me I dont know what to do anymore.

Please post a bug report in the proper format along with a dxdiag including the make and model of your motherboard.

https://forums.codemasters.com/announcement/38-want-to-report-an-issue-have-a-bug-to-report-please-look-here-first/

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

When I finish something (FP1,FP2,Q,RACE) it causes black screen,my fans going full speed and only thing i can do is force restart my PC on button (Flashbacks too), same as 

1.15 and 1.16
3.       Game-mode?

Career mode 
4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue.

When it happens one time it will happen every single time after that, its random when happens first time 
5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen? 
6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post. 

Yes,updating drivers,changing graphic setting and that didnt help
7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc) 

No just my keyboard
8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

I dont have but I had similarly problem with game War Thunder and I can send that video to you and that problem was fixed when they changed thair engine (problem was because of game not my PC)

Here is DxDiag and screenshots of my graphic settings

20210215125800_1.jpg

20210215125755_1.jpg

DxDiag.txt

There is an AGESA update for your mainboard F52.

DDU and try the recommended AMD driver set 20.11.2

I would remove steam-idle.exe it may tweak your AV (which I recommend Windows Defender only).

Delete the hardware_settings_config.xml and verify Steam files before relaunching.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 2:18 PM, steviejay69 said:

There is an AGESA update for your mainboard F52.

DDU and try the recommended AMD driver set 20.11.2

I would remove steam-idle.exe it may tweak your AV (which I recommend Windows Defender only).

Delete the hardware_settings_config.xml and verify Steam files before relaunching.

I tried hardware_settings_config.xml and verified Steam files and that didnt helped,i tried turning off ambient oclusion same thing,that was happening and with 20.11.2 drivers only thing that i didnt tried is updating mine mainboard because i do not have time for that right now.

Do you any more solutions?

1 minute ago, Buleni said:

I tried hardware_settings_config.xml and verified Steam files and that didnt helped,i tried turning off ambient oclusion same thing,that was happening and with 20.11.2 drivers only thing that i didnt tried is updating mine mainboard because i do not have time for that right now.

Do you any more solutions?

Suggestions. These are all things that can have an effect and no detriment. Updating the board will take less time than the DDU.

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

Suggestions. These are all things that can have an effect and no detriment. Updating the board will take less time than the DDU.

Is it like usuale isntalation or is something special? (Im not that good with computers)

6 minutes ago, Buleni said:

Is it like usuale isntalation or is something special? (Im not that good with computers)

You need to follow the instructions in the manual. M-Flash or Flash BIOS will work fine using FAT32 USB stick.

I updated my mainboard and that didnt help, do you have any more suggestions?

Turn off Vehicle Reflections and experiment with turning down some of the in-game graphical settings.

Change refresh rate to auto or 59hz.

Turning Vsync off possibly. Change anti-aliasing to TAA.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Buleni said:

Again didnt help...

Then I suggest you back up the game and reinstall Windows. I've run a very similar config with no issues (up until I upgraded to a 5700XT some months ago).

Updated AMD chipset driver (4 Feb) I still run the recommended GPU driver branch (20.11.2) and I have always ran W10 version 1909 and will for the game's lifecycle.

FWIW I play on the HIgh preset Fullscreen Windowed in 2560x1440, VSYNC OFF with 120FPS cap. 

I ran the same on a RX580 but at 1920x1080.

On 2/24/2021 at 10:14 AM, steviejay69 said:

Then I suggest you back up the game and reinstall Windows. I've run a very similar config with no issues (up until I upgraded to a 5700XT some months ago).

Updated AMD chipset driver (4 Feb) I still run the recommended GPU driver branch (20.11.2) and I have always ran W10 version 1909 and will for the game's lifecycle.

FWIW I play on the HIgh preset Fullscreen Windowed in 2560x1440, VSYNC OFF with 120FPS cap. 

I ran the same on a RX580 but at 1920x1080.

When I had this problem with War Thunder, I reinstalled my windows and that didnt help and I think it will be same thing with this game

You may have to consider turning some of the in-game settings down @Buleni and see if they help. Or reduce the FPS to 60FPS cap and see how it performs.

• Agree 1